This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Space Mountain and the "Hallway of Blah"

*sigh* You know, I'm half tempted to write a letter to someone, but I don't know who. I'm not quite sure who to send my complaints to.

Comment

Originally posted by BANANAZ View Post
      *sigh* You know, I'm half tempted to write a letter to someone, but I don't know who. I'm not quite sure who to send my complaints to.
      They don't read complaint letters. Florida gets away with shoddy quality because it is physically removed from the people who run the company.

Your best bet is to document your concerns and post them online right here. Post photos, your thoughts, and let the world know how you feel.

But, by the same token. When they do things right, you should mention those as well.

As a community we can make a difference. If Disney makes the mistake of not listening, the chorus of unhappy voices will rise until the media and regular guests are all commenting about the things you write.

When one speaks the truth, it resonates.

-Dusty
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

Well, I've already told one of my friends who is going at the end of the school year on her senior trip to be my spy and take notice of all the little details.

Comment

Going public won't hurt, either. With the Orlando Sentinel so quick to jump on anything WDW, getting the bad maintenance the press it deserves could sway Disney to do something about it. It's too early to tell if the Yeti article in the OS made a difference yet, but it certainly brought awareness to a monstrosity of a problem that was not addressed for several years.

There used to be days when key animatronics breaking down would cause the entire attraction to shutdown, i.e. the auctioneer in Pirates of the Caribbean. Yes, standards were a lot higher back then, but shutting down the whole of Big Thunder Mountain because the falling rocks aren't working is a bit of overkill. The rest of the attraction works just fine, and those kinds of things can be worked on third shift. I'm not justifying lack of maintenance at the parks in any way, but it is my opinion that to shut down an attraction because of a broken effect will cause more harm than good, especiall when the amount of people visiting the park has increased dramatically over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaCastle View Post
            Going public won't hurt, either. With the Orlando Sentinel so quick to jump on anything WDW, getting the bad maintenance the press it deserves could sway Disney to do something about it. It's too early to tell if the Yeti article in the OS made a difference yet, but it certainly brought awareness to a monstrosity of a problem that was not addressed for several years.

There used to be days when key animatronics breaking down would cause the entire attraction to shutdown, i.e. the auctioneer in Pirates of the Caribbean. Yes, standards were a lot higher back then, but shutting down the whole of Big Thunder Mountain because the falling rocks aren't working is a bit of overkill. The rest of the attraction works just fine, and those kinds of things can be worked on third shift. I'm not justifying lack of maintenance at the parks in any way, but it is my opinion that to shut down an attraction because of a broken effect will cause more harm than good, especiall when the amount of people visiting the park has increased dramatically over the years.
            I agree, the Sentinel is a good place to start. But on the issue of Big Thunder, it's not just that the rocks aren't working... though that is a big enough deal for me as it is... several of the rocks are completely missing, with the holes covered with black fabric.

I guess the question is, at what point is bad show acceptable just to keep things running? What's the point of a Disney vacation if you're paying Disney prices for a Six Flags experience?

WDW used to take attractions down yearly for month-long rehabs instead of deferring maintenance until things are falling apart. Maybe they should get back to that. As a whole, the resort's attractions have way fewer moving parts than they did 15 years ago, and they seem to be having a tough time keeping those remaining moving parts moving.

Comment

*nods* That's one of my big issues with this, and a lot of other fans from what I gather. Why are we paying so much money if they aren't going to keep up maintenance wise? That's what part of the cost is supposed to be for, so they can keep up all the expensive effects and animatronics. That's why we pay so much for Disney. If they're not going to use that money to help keep the attractions up, then why shouldn't I spend my money on parks like Six Flags St. Louis, where the train in the tunnel effect on River King Mine train hasn't been working for 5 years straight?

Comment

Working...
              X