This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Broken Animatronic at Pirates of the Caribbean at WDW

Sure, it's bad show, but we have no idea if it was left like this for weeks on end or if it just started happening the moment before the OP's boat came by. I have high expectations for my Disney Park experiences, but as complex as these attractions are, not everything can always be 100% perfect. Let's not hang anybody until we find out they left it like this for a long time.
    Last edited by clockworkmonkey; 08-20-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

What would be better, closing the ride, seeing that, or turning this one AA off, leaving him static. I could understand if it went through a few cycles and no one caught it, but if it was the whole day, bad show. He should have been removed of the attraction closed....just like EE with the Yeti.:whistling
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Looking at it again, it almost looks like he's just shaking with terror. After all, the guy is trapped in a burning prison. Frankly, I think he's starting to make the rest of the guys look like they're not moving enough! Give this guy a raise!

Comment

Re: Broken Animatronic at Pirates of the Caribbean

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
          If i am correct this specific issue is a hydraulic fluid pressure issue.

While funny, this is bad show. While i am thrilled it was "caught on tape" the bad show should have never happened so it could be caught on tape.
          That figure does not use hydraulic fluid. The figures in the jail scene are entirely pneumatic. That specidic issue is usually caused by wire chafing within the figure that results in crossed electrical signals.

Comment

If it just happened that's fine, it happens but I'd also like to point out that the exit CM can probably see this scene from unload as well.

Comment

Egads! He does look like he's having a seizure!

But anyway, does anyone know if this is even still happening? This was last month, if I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter11435 View Post
                That figure does not use hydraulic fluid. The figures in the jail scene are entirely pneumatic. That specidic issue is usually caused by wire chafing within the figure that results in crossed electrical signals.
                Thank you for the correction.
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

This is not true.

Disney AAs only use pneumatic cylinders for digital functions; motions that are either in one position or another. In fact, all of the figures in that scene, dog included, employ hydraulic power for the majority of their functions.

If what you claimed was true, you'd see choppy, unrealistic movements one would expect from a Chuck E Cheese or Showbiz Pizza Place figure. As these entirely pneumatic figures employ flow restrictors and rely on the physical load on the cylinders to slow the transition from off to on and vice-versa. This is an unreliable technique because the balance between these two factors required to reproduce the "performance" correctly is entirely dependent on the available PSI. Which can vary greatly depending on how many figures/functions need to be moving at any particular time.

Based on the uniform nature of the malfunction, I would doubt that it was air bubbles in the hydraulic lines for this particular cylinder or cylinders. This problem would be similarly "violent." But much more random in its apparent pattern. Rather it seems like the controller card(s) (each function has one) was experiencing electric noise or some manner of crosstalk at the card's output lines.
                  "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

Comment

Management refuses to shut down the attractions unless it is something M-A-J-O-R. IE Auctioneeer not working or Leota not working. Other than that, they don't care about the show because having the guests NOT wait and GET ON is more important that whow.

Comment

Maybe he's busting for a whizz and jigging about to keep it in? After all he's been trapped in there for 30 odd years.

Still not the worst AA malfunction I've seen though - the Dopey on Paris' Snow White's Adventure had a pistion (or some such mechanism) poking through his cheek. It was like cyborg-dwarf.
                      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                      Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
                        Dopey on Paris' Snow White's Adventure had a pistion (or some such mechanism) poking through his cheek. It was like cyborg-dwarf.
                        Alright, well, that would keep me off that attraction.....haha.

Comment

Argh.. People still haven't answered my question. Is he still doing this, or has it been fixed? Does anyone know? Please? Somebody? Anybody? (Yes, that's a Lion King reference.)

Comment

Thank you so much for posting that Lincoln video. That has to be the funniest thing I've seen in a LONG! time. Ahh! I wish i was there!! I wouldnt have been able to stop laughing. It's terrible, and it's bad show if something like that happens, but there's so many Great things that could go wrong!
                            Matt!

Comment

Originally posted by RobotWolf View Post
                              This is not true.

Disney AAs only use pneumatic cylinders for digital functions; motions that are either in one position or another. In fact, all of the figures in that scene, dog included, employ hydraulic power for the majority of their functions.

If what you claimed was true, you'd see choppy, unrealistic movements one would expect from a Chuck E Cheese or Showbiz Pizza Place figure. As these entirely pneumatic figures employ flow restrictors and rely on the physical load on the cylinders to slow the transition from off to on and vice-versa. This is an unreliable technique because the balance between these two factors required to reproduce the "performance" correctly is entirely dependent on the available PSI. Which can vary greatly depending on how many figures/functions need to be moving at any particular time.

Based on the uniform nature of the malfunction, I would doubt that it was air bubbles in the hydraulic lines for this particular cylinder or cylinders. This problem would be similarly "violent." But much more random in its apparent pattern. Rather it seems like the controller card(s) (each function has one) was experiencing electric noise or some manner of crosstalk at the card's output lines.
                              No, I'm afraid your wrong. While Disney does use hydraulic power for most of their AA figures, some are pneumatic. There are no hydraulic lines running to any of the figures in that scene. All of their functions are pneumatically powered.

FYI all the figures in the Jungle Cruise are pneumatic as well.

Comment

No, I'm afraid your wrong. While Disney does use hydraulic power for most of their AA figures, some are pneumatic. There are no hydraulic lines running to any of the figures in that scene. All of their functions are pneumatically powered.

FYI all the figures in the Jungle Cruise are pneumatic as well.
                                While I still disagree with you, I don't think this thread is the place to continue the debate.

If you're interested in the discussion, send me a PM. I'd love to hear what you're basing these statements on.
                                "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

Comment

Originally posted by RobotWolf View Post
                                  I'd love to hear what you're basing these statements on.
                                  First hand knowledge...

Comment

That is both creepy and funny at the same time.

Comment

George must be mad at the management for letting his home turn to this :[

Comment

The final animatronic on the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland does that occasionally. Or at least he did. I don't know if they've replaced him yet.
                                        The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

I've seen Mr. Potato Head in the TSMM queue do the trick of pulling out his ear, but instead of placing it back.... he dropped it. We all laughed. :x

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X