Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does one get free admission for oneself as a part-time WDW cast member?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Does one get free admission for oneself as a part-time WDW cast member?

Planning on moving to Central Florida soon. 1st on my to do list is to purchase an annual pass for WDW for myself. I was also considering working at WDW as a part-time cast member.

So I get complimentary admission to Disney on my days off as a part-time cast member? And if I do, wouldn't my previously purchased annual pass become worthless and would I get my $ back?

Re: Does one get free admission for oneself as a part-time WDW cast member?

Not sure if it's different in Florida, but it used to be out in California that you could get some cash back if you bought an AP then became a CM shortly after that. The catch was that they would subtract the cost of a 1-day parkhopper ticket each day you used your pass before becoming a CM. I would imagine that the setup would be the same out there as well. The best bet would be to call WDW casting to get a definitive answer from them.

And just note, Cast members are subject to blackout days as well, and those days may change at a moments notice. And if a park starts to creep near capacity, CM's are one of the first groups to get blacked out. So sometimes, it's better to have the AP for those times when you really want to get in, and the CM pass is blocked.

Comment

yes, part time castmembers are allowed park addmission. To my knowledge your AP will not be refunded. You will not have any block out dates with your cast ID. Only Main Gates and Silver Pass are subject to block outs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
        yes, part time castmembers are allowed park addmission. To my knowledge your AP will not be refunded. You will not have any block out dates with your cast ID. Only Main Gates and Silver Pass are subject to block outs.
        My understanding is that Cast IDs are blocked out during the most busy of times during the most busy of days (ie once the park nears capacity on New Year's Eve, cast members are barred from entering the parks; once it reaches capacity, no one is getting in, cast or guest). Even to enter through backstage areas during this time, cast are expected to be in costume to prove that they are there to work, and not play....is that correct?
        Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by dsnyfnatic View Post
          My understanding is that Cast IDs are blocked out during the most busy of times during the most busy of days (ie once the park nears capacity on New Year's Eve, cast members are barred from entering the parks; once it reaches capacity, no one is getting in, cast or guest). Even to enter through backstage areas during this time, cast are expected to be in costume to prove that they are there to work, and not play....is that correct?
          There is no real way to keep CM's out, if you are wanting to visit a park. Main Gates and Silvers are blocked on certain holidays, but WDW is not like Disneyland.

When I was a CM I went to the parks on Christmas, 4th, New Years and every other holiday.

CM's entering through the turn styles face the same closing procedures as Annual Pass holders.
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by dsnyfnatic View Post
            The Cast Member is not blocked - I think the confusion in block outs for CM's is the ability to sign in people is occasionally blocked. But they can't block a CM's pass because then they could not get into the park to work. The CM pass is also the CM's work id.
            Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
            Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
              The Cast Member is not blocked - I think the confusion in block outs for CM's is the ability to sign in people is occasionally blocked. But they can't block a CM's pass because then they could not get into the park to work. The CM pass is also the CM's work id.
              Indeed; however, Cast Members coming as guests must enter through the turnstiles--just like every other guest. Their ID gets scanned as well, and the computer could reject us, just like Annual Passports.

And per the poster below--there are no refunds for Annual Passports once you become a Cast Member (I know, major bummer).
              "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Cast Member ids can not be block unless the Cast Member has left the company, and is removed from SAP(HR system). their Maingate Pass can have restriction and can be block. comp tickets at least when i was working there also could not be restricted.

and that is at the main entrance for the Cast ID

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X