Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

    Originally posted by lily23 View Post
    Cool, so what did they say?



    Wow, that is just unforgivable
    well... they agree that it is bad show, but they ask me to sympathize that on sometime super crowded days, you can end up with low hourly capacity on HM because of the preshow. So in order to ensure maximum hourly capacity (something that all area managers watch like a hawk) they sometimes bypass the pre-show but only for a "short while"

    So I do sympathize, I have expressed that it is really poor front line supervision of cast members that is leading to the poor capacity.... blah blah blah you get the idea on these conversations go.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

      I'm coming late to this thread, but I definitely prefer the creepy, gothic look of the WDW Mansion. It looks much more like a real haunted mansion (it even has a "face"!) Also, the ride itself is better at WDW -- although DL is starting to catch up. I like the improvements they made to Leota recently.

      DL's Mansion does look nice and creepy at night, though.
      Last edited by disneyfann121; 08-28-2010, 06:20 AM.

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

        Originally posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
        Your mansion is one of the best looking facades (in terms of uniqueness), my only complaint was the fact that from pictures ive seen the mansion's paint (i assume) looks cheesily painted on. How does it look like in person?
        Very creepy in person. As I approach it, parts of the Mansion peek out between the trees, and it looks imposing, powerful. There are otherwordly forces inside, and they are not to be trifled with. It looks like it is...waiting for me. I actually get chills when walking towards it.

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

          Originally posted by JanetDisneyland View Post
          WDW's Mansion facade is pretty neat, I like the positioning ride on the water in theory, however in reality it is very difficult to get a good look at. The Disneyland is my favorite, however, as it just fits in with the land version, plus it actually looks like a Haunted Mansion, while the WDW version doesn't seem like a proper ghost house to me. The line and facade of Disneyland is definitely better, with the longer graveyard, better stretching room, and portrait gallery, while, as stated before, I would much rather have the sit down portion of the WDW version in California.
          I disagree about the Stretching Room. The one at WDW is better because of the great new sound effects (the creaking walls!) complete with awesome surround sound. When the Ghost Host laughs, it sounds like it's coming from everywhere at once. Very ghostly, indeed.
          Last edited by disneyfann121; 08-28-2010, 06:40 AM.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

            Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
            I disagree about the Stretching Room. The one at WDW is better because of the great new sound effects (the creaking walls!) complete with awesome surround sound. When the Ghost Host laughs, it sounds like it's coming from everywhere at once. Very ghostly, indeed.
            I am with you on the Stretch room at DL i can always tell Im in a elevator that feeling of going down.At MK when the ghost host asks if the walls are Stretching will in fact they are but a lot of people think there going down I say makes for a better illusion.

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

              If these mansions were real, I'd be afraid to go into MK's Mansion compared to DL's.

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                To me the mansion at DL has more of a welcoming Southern Charm to me than the MK version, while both have a sense of some foreboding just because of the largeness of the MK facade the MK version looks much much more imposing...

                I hate that they put that canopy over it I wish that they replaced it with one of the screen type canopies that would still reveal all of the facade though it is nice to have underneath that VERY hot Florida sun...
                The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                -George S. Patton

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                  Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
                  To me the mansion at DL has more of a welcoming Southern Charm to me than the MK version, while both have a sense of some foreboding just because of the largeness of the MK facade the MK version looks much much more imposing...

                  I hate that they put that canopy over it I wish that they replaced it with one of the screen type canopies that would still reveal all of the facade though it is nice to have underneath that VERY hot Florida sun...
                  And rain. Don't forget the rain.

                  I don't really understand what people are saying, I've never felt that the canopy blocked my view of the facade.
                  It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                    Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                    And rain. Don't forget the rain.

                    I don't really understand what people are saying, I've never felt that the canopy blocked my view of the facade.

                    The only part that I know that it really obscures is the immediate entrance when you are preparing to enter the mansion...that's where I think the complaints are stemming from however, I never really forgot the rain those screen type canopies still shield you from that as well, but the need was there for something more than the few shade trees that were planted to shield people from the hot Florida sun...too many people were getting heat sick from the sun..
                    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                    -George S. Patton

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                      Originally posted by mansionman View Post
                      I am with you on the Stretch room at DL i can always tell Im in a elevator that feeling of going down.At MK when the ghost host asks if the walls are Stretching will in fact they are but a lot of people think there going down I say makes for a better illusion.
                      Yes. It is a haunted stretching room. Who's to say that it's not supposed to stretch in BOTH directions? In addition to that don't most old mansions have basements? So it isn't that farfetched that the room could stretch down rather than up only. Ok so you don't empty out into a basement. But still why is it impossie for the room to stretch in both directions?

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                        Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                        In addition to that don't most old mansions have basements? So it isn't that farfetched that the room could stretch down rather than up only. Ok so you don't empty out into a basement. But still why is it impossie for the room to stretch in both directions?
                        Well if it a Bayou Mansion it does NOT have a basement... say hello to the high water table.
                        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                          Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                          Yes. It is a haunted stretching room. Who's to say that it's not supposed to stretch in BOTH directions? In addition to that don't most old mansions have basements? So it isn't that farfetched that the room could stretch down rather than up only. Ok so you don't empty out into a basement. But still why is it impossie for the room to stretch in both directions?
                          The reason DL is a elevator is it takes you down under the train tracks so you can walk by the paintings to the show building to get on the doombuggies. But again this theard is about the outside

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                            Originally posted by mansionman View Post
                            The reason DL is a elevator is it takes you down under the train tracks so you can walk by the paintings to the show building to get on the doombuggies. But again this theard is about the outside
                            It is true that necessity is the mother of invention. Had the train not gone around the park it might be fair to say that there would be no stretch room at all for this attraction globally.

                            I think that the stretch room sets the tone for your visit, and is an essential part of the attraction... Just like i would say that walking through Hogwarts at WWHP @ IOA is an essential part of that attraction.
                            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                              Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                              It is true that necessity is the mother of invention. Had the train not gone around the park it might be fair to say that there would be no stretch room at all for this attraction globally.

                              I think that the stretch room sets the tone for your visit, and is an essential part of the attraction... Just like i would say that walking through Hogwarts at WWHP @ IOA is an essential part of that attraction.
                              I'd say the same for the changing portrait in the foyer, yet it's been years since I've seen that room in use. Usually guests are ushered right past the skeletal painting directly into the stretching room.
                              It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                                Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                Yes. It is a haunted stretching room. Who's to say that it's not supposed to stretch in BOTH directions? In addition to that don't most old mansions have basements? So it isn't that farfetched that the room could stretch down rather than up only. Ok so you don't empty out into a basement. But still why is it impossie for the room to stretch in both directions?
                                And at MK the Mansion is inside the burm or in the park and the stretch room is still a elevator in a way but going up just think of the ceiling as the floor but going up to the hanging skeleton. I hope this helps

                                Comment


                                • #76
                                  Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                                  Or think of the ceiling as a ceiling but going up to the hanging skeleton.Buy the way i think MK is leading i should take a count

                                  Comment


                                  • #77
                                    Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                                    Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                    Yes. It is a haunted stretching room. Who's to say that it's not supposed to stretch in BOTH directions? In addition to that don't most old mansions have basements? So it isn't that farfetched that the room could stretch down rather than up only. Ok so you don't empty out into a basement. But still why is it impossie for the room to stretch in both directions?
                                    At WDW, you're already in the basement of the Mansion. That's where you enter, through a side door in the basement under the facade. There is no physical need for an elevator, as you're already on the ground level* from the start and already at the same level as the show building, whereas at DL you have to go down below the berm to get to the show building. The stretch rooms are not necessary in Florida or Tokyo - but it was so popular that they were included anyway.

                                    You might like the Stretch Rooms at Phantom Manor in Paris: The ceilings go up and the floors go down to get you to the show building level.

                                    (*Technically, you're one floor above the service basement/tunnels at ground level throughout most of the MK Park - but in the case of the HM there is no need to actually go down to the real basement level.)
                                    temp_39091_1443218350388_737

                                    Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

                                    Comment


                                    • #78
                                      Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                                      I've never skipped the stretching room entirely, but the loading area of MK's mansion really bothers me.

                                      Most of the time they really are trying to rush people in it and just keep cramming elevator after elevator full of people into that cramped space that just is a funnel into the narrow single filed turnstiles. I can't believe the fire marshall has never pulled the plug and made them shut it down and rewrite their operating guidelines. It is an extremely cramped and crowded space, literally shoulder to shoulder but usually even closer than that getting squished in, with no easy exit and should any situation occur even the smallest of scrambles to get out would lead to many people getting trampled upon.

                                      Comment


                                      • #79
                                        Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                                        Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                                        I'd say the same for the changing portrait in the foyer, yet it's been years since I've seen that room in use. Usually guests are ushered right past the skeletal painting directly into the stretching room.

                                        I know it's one of the cooler effects from the original mansion and they rush you past it so fast it spoils the mood-setting pre show which places the question in the back of your mind if this is the ghost host or master gracin(sp?)

                                        Originally posted by almandot View Post
                                        I've never skipped the stretching room entirely, but the loading area of MK's mansion really bothers me.

                                        Most of the time they really are trying to rush people in it and just keep cramming elevator after elevator full of people into that cramped space that just is a funnel into the narrow single filed turnstiles. I can't believe the fire marshall has never pulled the plug and made them shut it down and rewrite their operating guidelines. It is an extremely cramped and crowded space, literally shoulder to shoulder but usually even closer than that getting squished in, with no easy exit and should any situation occur even the smallest of scrambles to get out would lead to many people getting trampled upon.

                                        You mean "please move forward and fill in all available DEAD space." can be a fire hazard? I always thought it just ruined the pre-show for the smaller kids, but fire hazard works fine as well
                                        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                                        -George S. Patton

                                        Comment


                                        • #80
                                          Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

                                          Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
                                          I know it's one of the cooler effects from the original mansion and they rush you past it so fast it spoils the mood-setting pre show which places the question in the back of your mind if this is the ghost host or master gracin(sp?)




                                          You mean "please move forward and fill in all available DEAD space." can be a fire hazard? I always thought it just ruined the pre-show for the smaller kids, but fire hazard works fine as well
                                          no i don't mean in the stretching room i mean after the stretching room leading up to the turnstile loading area at MK.

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X