X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

Originally posted by almandot View Post
    I've never skipped the stretching room entirely, but the loading area of MK's mansion really bothers me.

Most of the time they really are trying to rush people in it and just keep cramming elevator after elevator full of people into that cramped space that just is a funnel into the narrow single filed turnstiles. I can't believe the fire marshall has never pulled the plug and made them shut it down and rewrite their operating guidelines. It is an extremely cramped and crowded space, literally shoulder to shoulder but usually even closer than that getting squished in, with no easy exit and should any situation occur even the smallest of scrambles to get out would lead to many people getting trampled upon.
    The Stretch Rooms at MK are not elevators. Just rooms. They don't go anywhere like the ones at DL.
    temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

I've never skipped the stretching room entirely, but the loading area of MK's mansion really bothers me.

Most of the time they really are trying to rush people in it and just keep cramming elevator after elevator full of people into that cramped space that just is a funnel into the narrow single filed turnstiles. I can't believe the fire marshall has never pulled the plug and made them shut it down and rewrite their operating guidelines. It is an extremely cramped and crowded space, literally shoulder to shoulder but usually even closer than that getting squished in, with no easy exit and should any situation occur even the smallest of scrambles to get out would lead to many people getting trampled upon.
      no i don't mean in the stretching room i mean after the stretching room leading up to the turnstile loading area at MK.

Yeah, that part is really crappy. It bottlenecks into a single file line, and people are packed in there, trying to push through. Disneyland's stroll through a lot of cool stuff to look at (the lightning outside the windows, the inverted "marble busts" is much better

Comment

Originally posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
        The Stretch Rooms at MK are not elevators. Just rooms. They don't go anywhere like the ones at DL.
        i know that but force of habit when referring to the room. we should stop calling it stretching room for that matter it's usually referred to as "Stretching room" at DL and "expanding room" at MK.

Comment

i know that but force of habit when referring to the room. we should stop calling it stretching room for that matter it's usually referred to as "Stretching room" at DL and "expanding room" at MK.
          Interesting; never heard anyone use the term "expanding room"... I have heard "elongating room", but rarely.

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

I personally have never heard to it referred to as the expanding room, though for the sake of argument and clarification on this online forum, it isn't a bad idea to use the different terms.
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

no i don't mean in the stretching room i mean after the stretching room leading up to the turnstile loading area at MK.

ahhh ok yeah your right that area is so congested it kindof spoils the illusion of a tour and makes it seem more like an open house..
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
              -George S. Patton

Comment

Look theres no reason to give the DL and MK strech rooms different names they are both stretching rooms. The walls and the portraits stetch in both just the way the ghost host likes it and as fare as EXPANDING goes the Universe is expanding and so is my wifes butt.

Comment

I love both versions, but DL wins out in that you actually get the feeling you're entering the house where as at MK it almost feels like you're going past it and through the backyard.
                  Last edited by Zorro825; 08-31-2010, 06:06 PM.
                  Out of the NIGHT....
                  When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
                  Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
                  ---------------------------------------

Comment

Considering the fact that we have a mansion in our area that looks very much like the one in MK, I'm going to have to go with that one. Plus, I... I... have never been to Disneyland... *sobs*

Comment

Originally posted by BANANAZ View Post
                      Considering the fact that we have a mansion in our area that looks very much like the one in MK, I'm going to have to go with that one. Plus, I... I... have never been to Disneyland... *sobs*
                      You should take a picture and show us. I'd love to see a mansion like that in a real setting.

As for the better facade, I have to go with MK. I find the gothic architecture more suitable for the ghostly theme. I do love the one in DL (which fits wonderfully into the whole New Orleans facade) but to me it's not scary enough, not even at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                        Pretty much what I was going to say. I love the style of WDW's Mansion as a stand alone thing, but it's mere decoration because you never actually go INTO it. Plus... it's not really a part of Liberty Square at all. It's off to the side and isn't really part of the environment. It's just there.

At Disneyland, the mansion not only serves its purpose of being a southern style mansion in a New Orleans land, but it serves its purpose for the attraction as well, allowing guests to enter its front doors and into the attraction. I also like that there's a lot more queue IN the mansion so that you get the feeling of walking through the house. In Florida, as soon as you go UP the elevators, you're caught in this claustrophobic line boarding the buggies almost immediately.

The sit-down portion of Florida's Mansion IS a bit better only NOW after the updates. When it had a big spider, I said "EFF THIS VERSION."

I agree on all counts, including the stupid spider. You get a more interactive feeling at DL. It's a cool building and you feel a part of it. At MK, it's a nice building but you feel detached from it, like you just get to see it and not be in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie View Post
                          Your post has no logic from an operational standpoint. Why close down an entire ride system, which is functioning normally, when the pre-show is down?
                          Would you also like if they closed Test Track, Dinosaur, all other rides using pre-shows etc. due to technical problems during pre-show who`s system isn`t connected to the ride itself?
                          This is the standard operating procedure at Anaheim's parks. If a part of the show is down, the whole attraction goes down. This includes pre-show.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                            This is the standard operating procedure at Anaheim's parks. If a part of the show is down, the whole attraction goes down. This includes pre-show.
                            How it should be in Orlando as well, pre-show or not if part of the show is spoiled it tends to spoil the whole experience for the guest..
                            The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                            -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Lamp View Post
                              You should take a picture and show us. I'd love to see a mansion like that in a real setting.

As for the better facade, I have to go with MK. I find the gothic architecture more suitable for the ghostly theme. I do love the one in DL (which fits wonderfully into the whole New Orleans facade) but to me it's not scary enough, not even at night.
                              I should, but it's a little hard to take a picture while driving...

I found a picture on Google, but it's somewhat small. I've actually been inside it, and it's very nice. It's also for sale, in case anyone is interested! XD

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Originally posted by BANANAZ View Post
                                I should, but it's a little hard to take a picture while driving...

I found a picture on Google, but it's somewhat small. I've actually been inside it, and it's very nice. It's also for sale, in case anyone is interested! XD

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                                Paint DL's red and it would look like that too. Still, I wouldn't mind living there!

Comment

Reminds me more of a house on the long-gone MGM backlot. It was built for "Meet Me In St. Louis" as the "Boy Next Door" house, and used again later for "Little Women". (Probably not at all like it in reality, but that was the facade I thought of instantly when I saw the photo.)

If I have to compare it with one of the Mansions, I would say it's really closest to Phantom Manor rather than the MK facade. Ok, well the Phantom Manor if it were made of brick.

Comment

Lol, true that. I guess it does look a lot like Phantom Manor, just made from brick. That place would be perfect for a haunted tour though...

Comment

Originally posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
                                      Interesting; never heard anyone use the term "expanding room"... I have heard "elongating room", but rarely.
                                      Per Disney, they are officially designated as "Expanding Rooms."

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                                        Per Disney, they are officially designated as "Expanding Rooms."
                                        Could you please cite the source?

I don't ever recall seeing the term "Expanding Room" used in the past nine years that I've been researching/exploring HM sites/books/references until seeing it in this thread. 98% of the time, they're referred to as "Stretching Rooms" or "Stretch Rooms", (or simply "SR") probably because the Ghost Host himself says:

"Is this haunted room actually stretching, or is it your imagination, hmm?", and well - that is what they do!

He doesn't say "expanding" or "elongating"; he says "stretching". Regardless of whether "Expanding Room" is official or not, it never stuck.

Comment

• Re: The Haunted Mansion facade, MK vs DL

If you look at the MK blueprint,the shape of the entrance room looks like a hidden mickey(lower lefthand corner).My daughter Katie was looking at it and pointed it out to me.She see's hidden mickeys all over the place.She loves Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X