Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Customs video - IllumiNations Soundtrack?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wumbology
    replied
    Re: USA Customs video - IllumiNations Soundtrack?

Originally posted by RonNYC View Post
    And... something about the customs video makes me think of the film in the Norway pavilion at the end of Maelstrom.
    The Spirit of Norway?

I'll take your word for it.

Leave a comment:

• junglecskipper
    replied

Also at 1:15 they used footage from soarin'.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

I see (and hear) that video every other week when I return from abroad into the USA.

Leave a comment:

• RonNYC
    replied

That's really cool.

I also remember ABC News using "IllumiNations" music during election coverage a couple of years ago. Must be the go-to inspirational soundtrack at the Walt Disney Co. :lol:

And... something about the customs video makes me think of the film in the Norway pavilion at the end of Maelstrom.

Leave a comment:

• MarkTwain
    replied

Yeah I noticed that on my recent trip from the UK. I got really excited and was like "that's the Illuminations soundtrack!!" and my parents were like "uh, okay...?". I would have taken video and shared it here, but I didn't want to take a chance with filming Homeland Security and all... :unsure:

Leave a comment:

• Kidgenie
    replied

Sorry. I meant a NEWS release. Not a new release. Here.

Strange pairing: Disney and Homeland Security | Immigration Chronicles | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Leave a comment:

• wumbology
    replied

Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
    There was a new release on it at one time.
    What do you mean?

Leave a comment:

• Kidgenie
    replied

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
    Last week, my sister and I were part of our church's youth mission trip to Costa Rica. On Thursday night, we were rushing through Charlotte Airport's customs to catch our flight to LaGuardia. (We caught our flight, but our flight got so delayed that it missed LGA's "curfew" so we had to stay the night in Charlotte...)

Anyways, I remember @TouringPlans had tweeted a few months back something about how much he "loves how the US Customs soundtrack is IllumiNations." I had no idea what he, (Henry? Len?), was talking about, but I made a note to send in the question to WDW Today or something.

Instead, there we were in our group waiting in the Customs line, and I saw the normal instructions videos playing. But after that loop ended, the video below came on:

YouTube - Welcome to America, Green Card Winners and USA Travel Fans!

And I was like, "THAT'S THE ILLUMINATIONS MUSIC! I have that on my iPod!"

Other people must have noticed this before? I think it's an okay choice. I would have expected the U.S. to choose some more known American music, like Copland or Gershwin, to welcome travelers and immigrants. But this music fits! And it's a great score nonetheless.

Yeah, this video was actually made by Disney for the US Government as a donation. There was a new release on it at one time.

Leave a comment:

• wumbology
    started a topic Video USA Customs video - IllumiNations Soundtrack?

USA Customs video - IllumiNations Soundtrack?

Last week, my sister and I were part of our church's youth mission trip to Costa Rica. On Thursday night, we were rushing through Charlotte Airport's customs to catch our flight to LaGuardia. (We caught our flight, but our flight got so delayed that it missed LGA's "curfew" so we had to stay the night in Charlotte...)

Anyways, I remember @TouringPlans had tweeted a few months back something about how much he "loves how the US Customs soundtrack is IllumiNations." I had no idea what he, (Henry? Len?), was talking about, but I made a note to send in the question to WDW Today or something.

Instead, there we were in our group waiting in the Customs line, and I saw the normal instructions videos playing. But after that loop ended, the video below came on:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcBJW7Dtd9g"]YouTube - Welcome to America, Green Card Winners and USA Travel Fans![/ame]

And I was like, "THAT'S THE ILLUMINATIONS MUSIC! I have that on my iPod!"

Other people must have noticed this before? I think it's an okay choice. I would have expected the U.S. to choose some more known American music, like Copland or Gershwin, to welcome travelers and immigrants. But this music fits! And it's a great score nonetheless.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X