X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RooBear
    replied
    Re: Welcome to Florida! Now what?

Well, the husOtter has arrived home. For some reason, he made it from Colorado, slept in Illnois and arrived down here at 10PM at night in Florida. Yes, he drove like the wind. My husbandly instinct is to lecture him on safety--but my heart knows better. He's already crashed and the animals are tucked in around him on the bed.

Since it's a holiday weekend, the ID place is closed. Perhaps next week, we'll go. I like the DtD idea, but right now, I'd go to the park regardless---sorta had a long week.

We still haven't sold the house in CO. I was never one for home ownership, having been raised in a condo my whole life. Seems like my apprehensions were true. Oh well. Nothing like paying rent AND mortgage.

I made that sound worse than it is. It is just a minor squibble, really, everything else? Going swimmingly. And thanks again for the well wishes.

Peace,
    Roo

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

Originally posted by Xharryb View Post
    As was stated here, there is a DTD location that you can use to get your APs. The benefit, in my opinion, of this location is saving a few bucks on parking. Parking at the parks is free once you have your AP of course, but you'd have to pay that first time just to get to the ticket window. I use the DTD location for the same reason on the rare occasion that I lose my AP and need a reprint.
    Wow you don't get a refund on that day's prking? Suckage. At Disneyland you do.

Leave a comment:

• Xharryb
    replied

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    You don't have to go to the TTC to get the AP's. You can go to Guest Relations at Downtown Disney (on the Marketplace Side between Ghiradelli and Team Mickey) and pick them up there. But yeah you'll need BOTH Florida IDs.
    As was stated here, there is a DTD location that you can use to get your APs. The benefit, in my opinion, of this location is saving a few bucks on parking. Parking at the parks is free once you have your AP of course, but you'd have to pay that first time just to get to the ticket window. I use the DTD location for the same reason on the rare occasion that I lose my AP and need a reprint.

Beyond that, welcome to Florida! I look forward to seeing you around the parks sometime.

Leave a comment:

• SkittleKicks
    replied

As a fellow resident of the Sunshine State - I suggest this:

Make good friends with your umbrella and sunscreen. You'll need both on the same day. And visit the local state parks - they're wonderful ways to spend a day.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

You don't have to go to the TTC to get the AP's. You can go to Guest Relations at Downtown Disney (on the Marketplace Side between Ghiradelli and Team Mickey) and pick them up there. But yeah you'll need BOTH Florida IDs.

Leave a comment:

• MJM
    replied

RooBear,
    I don’t post much, but I see you just moved to Mount Dora. I just had to tell you that I absolutely LOVE Mt. Dora. It is such a quaint and charming town. Mount Dora is one of the places we go for a weekend getaway. Very eclectic and artsy, and filled with unique shops, eateries and architecture. The Bed & Breakfasts and the Inn are very nice. We love walking through the town or taking a horse-drawn carriage ride. The scenic boat tour of Lake Dora is filled with nature and wildlife and is beautiful and relaxing. It’s also always fun to rent a kayak and paddle along the waterway ourselves. Have a wonderful time at the beach over Labor Day…..that’s where we are headed too…..and welcome to Florida.

Leave a comment:

• KingEric
    replied

Originally posted by RooBear View Post
    First off, I cannot thank you all enough for the well wishes. I'd invite you all over for fondue and decent Reisling, but the fact is, we only a tiny one bedroom until our house sells in Colorado Springs.

Of course, this thread is deliciously off topic, but I ain't going to complain. We've decided that husOtter Supreme will just go ahead and get his ID upon arrive and that night, we'll head on over to WDW for dinner at one of the parks and finalize the deal. We had thought that the online tickets were cheaper, but with the recent price raise, they aren't. So that scraps our idea.

Lou--I can't wait! We hope to hit the beach for the first time as natives on Labor Day weekend....and yes, we found a dog-friendly beach. She'll have to be trained, but she'll get the hang of it.

Abom--welcome to Florida. If you are in education, we need you out here for sure. For a small conservative Southern town, I found like many places--they're okay with the being like you and me, they just don't say anything. Let us know when you want to come over for dinner!

Keep the posts coming, tho, you know I love to read them!

Peace,
    Roo
    We need to make an unofficial night out for micechatters here in Florida... Some place fun and random... like Atlantic Dance... just make it the new Gay Club at WDW.

Leave a comment:

• RooBear
    replied

First off, I cannot thank you all enough for the well wishes. I'd invite you all over for fondue and decent Reisling, but the fact is, we only a tiny one bedroom until our house sells in Colorado Springs.

Of course, this thread is deliciously off topic, but I ain't going to complain. We've decided that husOtter Supreme will just go ahead and get his ID upon arrive and that night, we'll head on over to WDW for dinner at one of the parks and finalize the deal. We had thought that the online tickets were cheaper, but with the recent price raise, they aren't. So that scraps our idea.

Lou--I can't wait! We hope to hit the beach for the first time as natives on Labor Day weekend....and yes, we found a dog-friendly beach. She'll have to be trained, but she'll get the hang of it.

Abom--welcome to Florida. If you are in education, we need you out here for sure. For a small conservative Southern town, I found like many places--they're okay with the being like you and me, they just don't say anything. Let us know when you want to come over for dinner!

Keep the posts coming, tho, you know I love to read them!

Peace,
    Roo

Leave a comment:

• ABOMIBOT
    replied

I can't help much with your questions but I did want to say congrats! Me and my guy are following in your footsteps in the not-too-distant future.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMaxx
    replied

Sadly I have no knowledge that will help you, so I'm going to be hopelessly off-topic here. I just want you to know how excited I am that the situation you have planned for and dreamed of, has finally come to fruition.

The next time we're in the neighborhood, I really look forward to sneaking up behind you boys and Penelope at the beach, planting our beach chairs, and having a nice long talk.

Leave a comment:

• lily23
    replied

Hello Roo,

You can buy them at the Disney Store, though they will sell you a voucher which you take to the Guest Relations booth at any of the four parks to exchange for your real tickets. I believe this is how it works for getting them on-line as well. I am pretty sure that you can just buy them on-line, vouchers will come in the mail, then you go and present your Florida ID at a Guest Relations booth (near the ticket sales booths) when you come to the park. I don't think a marriage license is accepted, but if you don't have a driver's liscense, then perhaps a utility bill or something of that sort is accepted. You could always call them (407 W DISNEY) with your questions.

Welcome to Florida, and see ya around the parks! Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• KingEric
    replied

You will need his FL ID to pick up the AP's. You should be able to order them if you have a Florida id, and billing address.

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

My answer to the title of this post is "Watch out for Gators!"

And please convince my husband to move to FL

I don't know anything about the passes, sadly.

Leave a comment:

• PhantomBoy
    replied

If i am cool to you i would love to move but i cant
    British person here...
    If i wanted to go I'd have to get a visa card open my own business and get americans jobs then get it too run well if it doesnt ill be Forced from america back here... Im not being mean But why have this so you can immagrate of there >

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

I can't answer the question about the AP's. I'd just like to wish you, and yours a happy time, as you enter this new phase of your life.

I live in the midwest, so the thought of having to deal with the Florida sun and humidity 365 days of the year is questionable for me. I might be able to take it, if I were close to the "Mouse". However, I know for a fact that my husband couldn't. He does daily checks on Chicago's heat and humidity and complains a lot about that.

Leave a comment:

• RooBear
    started a topic [Question] Welcome to Florida! Now what?

Welcome to Florida! Now what?

Dear all,

Okay, I've moved to Florida. Part one of my evil plan has begun. From here, I begin to clone myself and encourage only the cool MiceChatters to move out here.

Someone that is moving out here is my husOtter, who now was a job nearby. He's not a MiceChatter, but he is just as cool as many of you are, and certainly better looking in many respects!

:lol:I crack myself up. Must be the coffee.

He should be here by Labor Day weekend. We plan on heading to the beach in celebration. Bringing the dog and just planting an umbrella, bringing garbage food and water and not moving until later that afternoon.

But, well, I thought I'd try something else---ehehehehehehe...

I thought about buying our Florida Resident Annual Passes for D-World.

But I've never done that before! I thought it'd be a cool surprise. I know I can buy them online. I have my Florida ID. He doesn't. But I do have our marriage certificate. Can I just buy them online and drive down and pick them up? How does this all work? Is there an AP office at the TTC? DOes he need to be present? Will they respect my marriage certificate?

Our marriage isn't legal in this state, sadly.

And, of course, anything else you'd like to add! Like how long from online to holding a ticket time passes? Any details you can think of?

Alright, I've killed enough of your time. I'll go ahead and thank you now for your input. Keep it peaceful, folks....

Peace out,
    Roo

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X