This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Space Mountain adds audio!

Didn't see it posted here, but apparently Space Mountain opened today with audio! The speakers are not on the train, but are speakers installed along the track and timed to the cars' passing. It's a different audio track than Disneyland too, and the people who have ridden, according to wdwmagic, are somewhat impressed.

I guess I will be riding Space Mountain in October to check it out.

EDIT: Link to the DisneyParks blog regarding the addition, including a cool attraction poster.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 08-30-2010, 11:58 AM. Reason: Added link
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Re: Space Mountain adds audio!

dang it i missed it by 5 days
    Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/
    or listen to all are shows at http://www.coastineastpodcast.com/
    Remember to Sit Down, Strap In, and Coast On

Comment

Definitely sounds interesting. I wonder if this was installed with the recent refurb and they just finished getting the kinks worked out. Can't wait to check it out once I'm down there (which won't be until the end of the year, sadly).
      "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Sounds interesting. The music is one of the elements that really sets the Disneyland version apart from the WDW version.

Something to look forward to checking out in 22 days (not that I'm counting or anything).
        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

About 20 years too late but better than never. The next 20 years we can hope that they make the ride as good as DLP Space Mountain used to be. Still really great news!

Comment

If this can pull off the audio effect as well as on-board audio then I'm very pleased and can't wait to experience it. In my opinion the ride only needs one more thing to be considered great, update the re-entry tunnel.

Comment

Fascinating! I'm sorry I missed it when I was there in May. Perhaps another trip next summer will be in order!

Comment

Here's the official link from the blog. Love the poster!

Comment

Can't wait for a video.
                  The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
                  fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
                  JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Comment

Why do I always miss cool stuff by like..... a week?

I am SO looking forward to the first little taste of audio!!

Comment

At least you didn't miss it by a year, like me.
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxzJGgox_E"]YouTube - FACE PALM[/ame]

Comment

Here are the first two videos I could find on youtube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5XIAFJ0hss]YouTube - WDWMouseTalesSpaceMountainPOV.MOV[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTvK0Wjt8g]YouTube - Space Mountain new audio Magic Kingdom[/ame]

Sounds like the sound track is loosely based on the current 2005 DL score by Michael Giacchino. According to InsidetheMagic, the new score was composed by Mike Brassel.

I can't wait to experience this first hand in the future. Being a DL veteran and riding WDW's Space Mountain for the first time this past May, I definitely missed having ride audio.

Comment

Originally posted by judino28 View Post
                          Here are the first two videos I could find on youtube:

YouTube - WDWMouseTalesSpaceMountainPOV.MOV

YouTube - Space Mountain new audio Magic Kingdom

Sounds like the sound track is loosely based on the current 2005 DL score by Michael Giacchino. According to InsidetheMagic, the new score was composed by Mike Brassel.

I can't wait to experience this first hand in the future. Being a DL veteran and riding WDW's Space Mountain for the first time this past May, I definitely missed having ride audio.

Thanks for sharing these! Though I think it will be hard to see how well it works until I ride it for myself.... this gives a sneak peak as to what I can expect. I agree that, after you've rode DL's Space Mountain... this is the audio that comes to mind for WDW:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpXAknykeg&feature=related"]YouTube - Sad Trombone Sound Effect - FAIL Sound - Fail Horns[/ame]

Hopefully this makes an improvement!

Comment

I stopped by the MK to check it out tonight right before closing. Since this was my first ride on the WDW SM I can't give a comparison, but I thought it was great! The tune itself is very obvious for the top half of the ride. Getting further down, the sound seemed to progress to more of a techno beat at times, but mostly sound effects. It works well. Two thumbs waaaay up! :thumbup:
                            "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

Based on those videos posted above, the Mk's Space Mt ride sounds as ricketty as always.. but I will reserve judgement until the time I ride. But at first listening, or at least for what little could be heard on those videos, the music seems to be similar to DLP's original De La terre.. soundtrack. I wonder if OLC will apply the same treatment to their Space Mountain, which is currently audio-less... but still a more enjoyable ride over the MK's.

Comment

It's the worst addition to Space Mountain since it opened. I'm not a fan at all. It comes off as being some rollercoaster above a rave techno dance party. The audio doesn't hurt the ride at all... but it sure doesn't help. It's money BADLY spent. Hopefully this won't last and we'll get a REAL soundtrack someday.
                                -Bill

Comment

Bill.. the fact they spent *any* money is just shocking!!!!

Comment

I dislike having music on SM.

Guess I'll have to go to Tokyo again.

Comment

Originally posted by judino28 View Post
                                      According to InsidetheMagic, the new score was composed by Mike Brassell.
                                      Interestingly, he's the narrator for Living with the Land and the new Peoplemover soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                                        Interestingly, he's the narrator for Living with the Land and the new Peoplemover soundtrack.
                                        I think he has a great voice!

And the music alone isn't bad... it just doesn't work in Space Mountain.
                                        -Bill

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X