X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wumbology
    replied
    Re: New Resort?

I'd like to say that I would much rather ride a railroad around Fort Wilderness than a golf cart.

Leave a comment:

• mikelieman
    replied

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids...

Leave a comment:

• Disney Romantic
    replied

Originally posted by williamtheking View Post
    an abandoned Disney park, you know, you could set a horror movie in that!
    Or a Scooby Doo episode, featuring special guest star Don Knotts!

Anyway, another wilderness themed resort would be nice if they make it a moderate resort. I think it has been quite a while since they've added one. I'd love to get Wilderness Lodge style theming without having to pay the Wilderness Lodge prices.

Leave a comment:

• Tonka's Skipper
    replied

It would be great to get the Wilderness Railroad back, especailly if they keep steam and properly design it for the amount of ridership!

AKK

Leave a comment:

• Bags deserves bett
    replied

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
    But they are being torn down, for the building of the Animation Resort

Actually some of the buildings are being incorporated into the resort and the others finished as family suite buildings as i remember from the press release

Leave a comment:

• KingEric
    replied

Originally posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
    They aren't being torn down just remodeled. Some of the buildings hadn't been built yet fully. They just had the utility pipes out of the ground and they already started working on the main building that was already there.
    As far as I understood, the main building is staying, but the other structures are being torn down.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Originally posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    If you look at an aerial view of the property, it's actually a very decent size, comparable to Wilderness Lodge down the shore. The odd things is that this resort will have to keep a wilderness theme, as well. It's a shame that Wilderness Lodge was built where it was, because it would be perfect here, and would have kept that piece of property open for something less woodsy.
    I like woodsy.

Leave a comment:

• Timon'sGirl
    replied

They aren't being torn down just remodeled. Some of the buildings hadn't been built yet fully. They just had the utility pipes out of the ground and they already started working on the main building that was already there.

Leave a comment:

• KingEric
    replied

Originally posted by Ryan Imagineer View Post
    the hotels by the pop are finally being used too they stopped building on them since 9/11
    But they are being torn down, for the building of the Animation Resort

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Imagineer
    replied

the hotels by the pop are finally being used too they stopped building on them since 9/11

Leave a comment:

• KingEric
    replied

This is an interesting rumor. Which I have heard zilch about (which means nothing, just that none of my friends are involved)... I would be surprised if this happened with the Animation Resort starting construction and the other DVC plans still in the works for WDW.

Leave a comment:

• williamtheking
    replied

an abandoned Disney park, you know, you could set a horror movie in that!

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
    Apparently there were plans for Wilderness Junction, an old ghost town-themed resort, in between Ft. Wilderness and the Lodge, in that area. I guess the Hotel Cheyenne or something in Paris is like this idea?
    From what I remember, I don't think it was technically a ghost town, but a railroad town connecting the Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness through the resurrected Wilderness Railroad. Also in the plan were the retheming of River Country to a logging camp and importing Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show from Paris to here.

I doubt all of this will be realized, but is an interesting rumor nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• wumbology
    replied

Apparently there were plans for Wilderness Junction, an old ghost town-themed resort, in between Ft. Wilderness and the Lodge, in that area. I guess the Hotel Cheyenne or something in Paris is like this idea?

Leave a comment:

• ErikInTheCity
    replied

If you look at an aerial view of the property, it's actually a very decent size, comparable to Wilderness Lodge down the shore. The odd things is that this resort will have to keep a wilderness theme, as well. It's a shame that Wilderness Lodge was built where it was, because it would be perfect here, and would have kept that piece of property open for something less woodsy.

Leave a comment:

• JMora
    replied

Since the site being talked about is the abandoned River Country water park at WDW, couple of the links below take a look at how the place looks now. The only known abandoned Disney themed resort, as far as I know.

insidethemagic.net/2010/04/explorers-invade-disneys-abandoned-discovery-island-and-river-country-water-park/"]‘Explorers’ invade Disney’s abandoned Discovery Island and River Country water park | Inside the Magic

Photos of River Country, an abandoned Disney water park on Doobybrain.com
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 09-03-2010, 12:43 PM. Reason: link to other disney forum removed

Leave a comment:

• inluvwithbeast
    started a topic [Rumor] New Resort?

New Resort?

screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world_resort.htm#NewResort"]Walt Disney World Resort

Verry interesting.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 09-03-2010, 12:35 PM. Reason: link to other message board deleted

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X