• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Romantic
    replied
    Re: drag racer ride question from disney get connected on disney channel

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The now long-defunct Speed Zone here in Kennesaw had a similar ride and exterior paintings. The commercial was probably filmed at the Speed Zone that is still open in Southern California.
    Since this was posted in the WDW section, I didn't even think that this was probably filmed in California. You're also probably right about Speed Zone, their website (Speed Zone) shows a drag racing ride that uses drag racer style vehicles. The cars also have advertising on the side, which would fit with the blurring out on the commercial.

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

The now long-defunct Speed Zone here in Kennesaw had a similar ride and exterior paintings. The commercial was probably filmed at the Speed Zone that is still open in Southern California.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Romantic
    replied

Here's a video of the one at Old Town:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nCcleHlS3o"]G-Force Drag Racing[/ame]

Haven't seen the commercial more than once, so I can't recall if this is the location they used, but it is the same general ride type.

Leave a comment:

• ORD84
    replied

Originally posted by zestylemon_13 View Post
    I was wondering this as well, but I don't believe it is a Disney ride because if you watch closely in the commercial the name on the side of the cars are all blurred out.
    That might just be sponsors of the ride or on the side of the cars that didn't give an OK to use their naming rights to the Travel Channel...why they would do that I have no idea seeing as it's just free additional advertising..

I don't know of anything like what your describing at WDW but I forget who it was may have been correct refering to the Old Town in Kissimmee, where they did have a similar attraction...or maybe the Richard Petty Driving experience as they do have ride-alongs as well as driving packages...it's pricey as all heck though

Leave a comment:

• zestylemon_13
    replied

I was wondering this as well, but I don't believe it is a Disney ride because if you watch closely in the commercial the name on the side of the cars are all blurred out.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Tickle
    replied

It might be the Top Eliminator ride. I believe they have them in California & Texas. http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=9-aEumYXbhY&feature=related

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    ^^ Richard Petty is NASCAR-type racing (going around in circles) and you can drive your own car. The OP is talking about drag racing, which uses a totally different type of car and just go straight down a speedway at a REALLY high rate of speed.
    I was clarifying. I know the difference, but perhaps the OP doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

^^ Richard Petty is NASCAR-type racing (going around in circles) and you can drive your own car. The OP is talking about drag racing, which uses a totally different type of car and just go straight down a speedway at a REALLY high rate of speed.

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

Maybe it was the Richard Petty Driving Experience at the Walt Disney World Speedway?

Richard Petty Driving Experience | Walt Disney World Resort

Leave a comment:

• Kidgenie
    replied

it used to be an attraction at Old Town in Kissimmee. I thought it is gone now. It was called G-Force.
    Last edited by Kidgenie; 09-02-2010, 05:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drag racer ride question from disney get connected on disney channel

just saw a get connected that was on the world of cars online and they showed a real drag racing ride that you ride in dragsters (it was on a track of course) you didnt actually drive them. are they part of disney? were do u find that ride
    thanks

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X