• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kidgenie
    MiceChatter
    • Nov 2007

Trip Report Around the World, I love off season

Wow. Today I did a four parker! Never stood in line for more then 15 minutes.

Started at DAK, arriving at 11:30am.

Walked into Nemo, just as it started. A few seats still available but had to wait for my eyes to adjust to the dark in order to find them.

Then walked over Everest and enjoy a posted 15 minute wait that was some what accurate for the Attraction. Still the Mini Me Yeti in place.

Head over to FOLK. Enjoyed that. They didn't fill the show 100%, but it was a good size audience.

Headed over to DHS, and took in a ten minute wait for Star Tours. Watched BPB heat version from Hollywood Blvd. Then took in a Ten minute wait for TTT. Since when do they post 10 minute waits for this attraction? I thought 13 minutes was the minimum wait time they would post.

Anyway.. good news on TTT. The summer version is gone but the photo effect stayed. So when you go through the 5th dimension, you can see all the stuff again, AND when the eye opens, you see yourself and your fellow passengers, then then of course disappear in a pepper ghost like effect. Kudos!

Ok then took in a posted 20 minute wait for RNRC, it was 10 minutes.

Of to the Epcot parking lot and then monorailed it to MK. arrived MK at 5pm and took in the flag retreat ceremony. Then over to Splash. Posted 10 minute wait, it was actaully 15 minutes. No biggie but the much of the sound on the attraction was bad. Much of the characters and songs were playing at old AM radio sound quality. It was wierd. Not good.

Then over to BTM, that said 10 minutes but it was pretty much a walk on

Walked onto the "ten minute wait" at the Haunted Mansion, and then walked all the way to the load gates of the "20 minute wait" at Space. AWESOME!!!!

Ok, now Monorailed it back to Epcot, took in Mission Space, which was a Walk on, and then ended the day with a viewing of EO, which was surprisenly busy. I would say the theater was more then 3/4 full. Nice.

Anyway... I love off season. Anyone game for next Friday?
  • GraceysGirl
    Happy Haunt
    • Aug 2009

Re: Around the World, I love off season

With TTT did they have random drop sequence again or is it still the same one over and over? Is everything else the same except the 5th dimension?

Comment

• Kidgenie
      MiceChatter
      • Nov 2007

I only rode it once and never rode the Nightastic version of the drops... so I really can't say for sure. I was wondering the same thing... was that one of the random drop profiles, or was it the nighttastic profile.

But aside from the Eye now working again, the 5th dimension did seem to be back and the same as before.

Comment

• Bill
        Theme Park Guru

• Jan 2005

Originally posted by GraceysGirl View Post
        With TTT did they have random drop sequence again or is it still the same one over and over? Is everything else the same except the 5th dimension?
        The entire ride is the same as it was before the Summer Nightastic Promo. The only difference is that the eye photo is working now.
        -Bill

Comment

• Kidgenie
          MiceChatter
          • Nov 2007

And the Eye photo is enhence to be more like the Nightastic effect. The orignal was just a snap shot of you and your peers in the elevator. Now it starts off that way, but everyone disappears leaving just an empty car.

Comment

• SummerInFL
            Relax
            • Sep 2005

What an awesome day you had! Sounds like the perfect Disney Day.

Comment

• danyoung
              Super Old Guy
              • Jan 2005

Sounds like a great day - I'm very jealous, although when I move to Orlando on retirement in another 10 years or so I'm sure I'll have my chance.

I have a pet peeve to bring up - the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is usually abbreviated as the ToT. But you chose the TTT. If that's what you want, wouldn't it be more proper to use TZTT? Just being incredibly picky, please ignore me!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X