Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow white scary adventure being replaced...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Snow white scary adventure being replaced...

People are saying on numerous forums that SWSA is going to be replaced by a Snow White scary mine ride...
    I was thinking this cant happen due to the place being too small and Snow white is one of the best rides there i would think..
    I reckon this rumor is not true..
    What do you think...
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

Re: Snow white scary adventure being replaced...

Originally posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    People are saying on numerous forums that SWSA is going to be replaced by a Snow White scary mine ride...
    I was thinking this cant happen due to the place being too small and Snow white is one of the best rides there i would think..
    What do you think...
    I will poke around. If they were to replace the ride, the foot print for that ride couldn't really change w/o some massive readjustment to some backstage areas. I am not saying it would be impossible, just not sure they would be willing to really make any changes to the foot print in that exact location.

If they do build the mine ride, I wouldn't be surprised if they did replace SWSA with something like Pinocchio or a condensed Alice.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomBoy View Post
      What do you think...
      Hmm... OK a couple of questions...

What is "snow white scary mine ride"? Is that a ride that currently exists in Disneyland or some other park, or a new concept?

And number two: Do people think Snow White is one of the best rides there? Sorry can't agree...I find it a very disappointing dark ride...I wish we had the Alice in Wonderland ride

This is the first I've heard of this rumor. Doesn't make sense to me that they would be thinking of changing something in that part of fantasyland right now when they are in the middle of the expansion to the north of the park

Comment

^ First: It doesnt exist People are saying the ride will be turned into a rollercoaster...
        second: I find it a good ride and it is one of the original rides there so it would be nice to keep it here..
        Here come's the bride.
        As long as we live.
        Till death do us part.
        You may kiss the bride.

Comment

The rumor is that some of the proposed M&Gs will be removed from the FLE and replaced with a new show building for the mine ride, then SWSA will temporarily be turned into a princess M&G while the old sky ride building is refurbed for the official princess M&G and then eventually a new dark ride will be put in the old SWSA location.

It's rather convoluted and I really don't know if there is actually any truth to it of if it is simply wishful thinking.

Comment

Sounds like someone took the old rumor that Goofy's Barnstormer was going to be rethemed to a Seven Dwarfs mine ride coaster (now apparently it's going to be rethemed to a Dumbo's Circus coaster if that part of the Fantasyland expansion is still on), and stuck the idea in the Snow White dark ride building. I personally don't believe it, but stranger things have happendd.

Comment

The rumor is for a new coaster to replace the Cinderella and Aurora meet and greets. The sources are several insiders at WDWMagic, who all concur.

Comment

Yes, it's not replacing the dark ride. It's replacing the current Dumbo if it's true at all.

Comment

And if SWSA is closing... it's rumored Princess M&Gs will go there.

And the roller coaster is supposed to be like a mild dark ride roller coaster.
                  Like this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8d6BHAK6To]YouTube - Blazing Fury Front Seat on-ride POV Dollywood[/ame]

Comment

The snow white coaster rumor has been floating around for a long time (I think even Al has mentioned it). But it's gotten new life with the new FL expansion rumor that the original SW will be removed. I don't think the rumor has anything to do with the current SW location - just that a new SW attraction will be built (somewhere in the FL Expansion) and the current SW attraction will be closed.
                    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
                      Yes, it's not replacing the dark ride. It's replacing the current Dumbo if it's true at all.
                      According to the rumor, the new attraction is replacing the current dark ride. It just will not be in the same location as the current dark ride.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                        The rumor is for a new coaster to replace the Cinderella and Aurora meet and greets. The sources are several insiders at WDWMagic, who all concur.
                        And all people worth listening to. I believe, it and posted it in the Fantasyland tracker here as soon as it was made available over there.

Originally posted by inluvwithbeast View Post
                        And the roller coaster is supposed to be like a mild dark ride roller coaster.
                        Actually, there was a lot of stress on it being a "mine cart ride" not necessarily a roller coaster so people don't get their hopes too high... no one is exactly sure what exactly it will be, and those who do aren't talking.

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                        According to the rumor, the new attraction is replacing the current dark ride. It just will not be in the same location as the current dark ride.
                        There was some talk of it not being replaced though. Seems to differ who you talk to, but most say it's going, M&Gs going there until the Skyway building is ready for the new M&Gs, then new ride in SWSA. All we can do now is wait and see, but the sources are pretty reliable.
                        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

For what it's worth, I can confirm that there is a project that involves the Seven Dwarfs Mine Rollercoaster, and it is NOT the Barnstormer. However... I can't confirm anything is happening to Snow White's Scary Adventures. But... it doesn't seem that far fetched, especially given the fact that I've always talked about a Sleeping Beauty Dark Ride... and Tim Burton is working on a nice little film...

Plus... the princesses and fairies need somewhere to go for a while. But more than that, the old Fantasyland Skyway Station would make an excellent Pixie Hollow... Not sure on where Cinderella would do her meets, but Belle will have her own meet & greet, as well Ariel... and if a Sleeping Beauty Dark Ride replaced Snow White, there might be room for that... and if there is a Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride, Snow White might get a little part of that area to Meet with her friends...

Sounds like this could work.

I think we'll know more once Mickey and Minnie move to Main Street.
                          Last edited by Bill; 09-04-2010, 10:15 PM.
                          -Bill

Comment

Ok Ok Ok people need to calm down with "information" they are throwing around.

Thank you Yoyoflamingo and Bill for reigning it in.

1. The Mine Car ride is NOT a roller coaster. The ride systems I have heard about are similar to "Journey Into Your Imagination" While it uses a roller coaster track, it is not a gravity based system.

2. It would NOT go into the location of SWSA.

3. SWSA's fate is not sealed one way or another right now as of writing this.

4. Yoyo and bill covered it.

Comment

The Magic Kingdom needs more attractions. Until they run out of room for expanion, I'd like to see them keep everything they do have, even relatively simple and dated attractions like Snow White.
                              My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

I've heard a variation of this rumor as well. The version heard I've heard involves the recently revived mine "coaster" taking the place of some of the proposed meet and greets, and the old Snow White dark ride being repurposed as a sort of meet-and-greet central. Then eventually, this meet and greet would be replaced by a Fantasyland dark ride, which may or may not be themed to a recent hit movie (Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and the same's upcoming Maleficent movie come to mind). This all has to do with Tom Stagg's plan to make Fantasyland more appealing to all ages and genders, which I think is a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post

4. Yoyo and bill covered it.
                                  laxyboy970 too!
                                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

OK, I've read a page of this. Some has probably answered it. But as best I understand the current plans for the Fantasyland redo (that would be, as they exist this month, subject to change). The mild coaster of the mine train would NOT go in the current SW show space. It would be placed toward the edge of Fantasyland. SW would, in fact, be closed and replaced with a Beauty and the Beast attraction.

But I bet someone has already posted that.

But with the economy what it is, expect these plans to change 10 more times before anything is built.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandtour View Post
                                      But with the economy what it is, expect these plans to change 10 more times before anything is built.
                                      100% true.. lol... it is hard to follow a project when it hasn't been locked. That is where a lot of confusion is going to continue to come from until the plans are locked.

So we will see as this progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandtour View Post
                                        OK, I've read a page of this. Some has probably answered it. But as best I understand the current plans for the Fantasyland redo (that would be, as they exist this month, subject to change). The mild coaster of the mine train would NOT go in the current SW show space. It would be placed toward the edge of Fantasyland. SW would, in fact, be closed and replaced with a Beauty and the Beast attraction.
                                        The current rumors have the new attraction going right in the middle of Fantasyland, in the location of the announced Cinderella and Aurora Meet and Greets.

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                                        100% true.. lol... it is hard to follow a project when it hasn't been locked. That is where a lot of confusion is going to continue to come from until the plans are locked.

So we will see as this progresses.
                                        Actually, with the economy, you would think Disney would to stick to one plan. It costs money to come up with all of these changes, even if they are pre-existing proposals.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X