Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow white scary adventure being replaced...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snow white scary adventure being replaced...

I highly doubt a B&TB dark ride would go clear across Fantasyland from its other attractions. . .I would think that space would be more suited to either an Aurora or Cindy dark ride. My bet would be that it would be a Cindy dark ride, explaining her backstory we would have gotten with the M&G. This spot is closest to her castle, correct?

Comment

Since it's right next to Pooh, how about a return of Mr. Toad? I agree it'll probably be Cinderella, but from what's been posted the theme (or even the return of a ride in that location) hasn't been decided on yet.
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

To restate what's being tossed around on WDWMagic...
        - The land the Skyway is on will, in the future, be the site of the princess meet and greet. It will require the demolition of the Skyway building and cutting into the berm, possibly overtaking the area that is now the Yankee Trader shop. It will be themed to help with the fabled Fantasyland to Liberty Square transition.
        - The area that was previously designated for the Aurora/Cinderella meet and greet appears to now be designated for a Snow White ride. It's rumored to be on the scale between Big Thunder and the Barnstormer. It will be highly detailed, but not very coaster-like...perhaps some short drops and such, but not thrilling like BTMRR is. This "coaster" (which is more like a mine train ride) was in the original, more costly, Fantasyland expansion plan (before it got axed). It was going to be put in the same place. Tom Staggs got involved, and the M&G's that replaced the space of the new Snow White ride were tossed in favor of the coaster.
        - Snow White's Scary Adventures will be gutted (with possible elements being used in the new ride) to make way for a temporary meet and greet location while the princesses have their new home be built on the former Skyway site. A new dark ride will replace it.

Comment

I personally would like to see the Snow White ride shut down and be brought up to DLP's standards. As it is right now.. the MK's snow ride is the worst, most dated version and badly needs show element improvements, and a totally re-designed queue area to avoid the long back ups the ride has due to poor space utilization at the boarding and disembarking spots. The need to stack up the cars outside the ride, not inside all the way back to the mine scene. It's a horrible show in there.

Comment

As I just wrote in a DL thread, I'm not looking for Disney to do multiple attraction representation for a single Disney film.

And I'd hate to see the Snow White ride go but if they did the Mine Coaster to be a intense ride-through of Snow White to replace SWSA then I wouldnt mind it so much. (But if it's just another coaster than I would be a bit annoyed.) And then another themed attraction can be placed in the current location of SWSA. However I dont want Cinderella. A castle and a carousel is enough representation for this film.

I do like the idea of the former Skyway being a Princess meet and greet mainly cause it's small and not an purposeful waste of space like in the original Fantasyland expansion plans and it's off the beaten path which is good since it's a kids only thing.

And I also like the idea of putting Toad there.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post

Actually, there was a lot of stress on it being a "mine cart ride" not necessarily a roller coaster so people don't get their hopes too high... no one is exactly sure what exactly it will be, and those who do aren't talking.

There was some talk of it not being replaced though. Seems to differ who you talk to, but most say it's going, M&Gs going there until the Skyway building is ready for the new M&Gs, then new ride in SWSA. All we can do now is wait and see, but the sources are pretty reliable.

Yeah, I probably should have worded that differently. I was using "roller coaster" very loosely. But yeah, I know what you mean. I've ridden the ride in the video I posted, and it was a coaster in the loosest sense of the word. It's supposed to be a family "thrill" ride, right?

I've heard mixed opinions on whether or not the M&Gs could actually fit in the Skyway... Ooof. So much to wade through.

Comment

Here is a sneak peak at the Belle and Areal Meet and Greet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuk-h2ZYNJU"]YouTube- Advice From A Cartoon Princess: Belle[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8xCgC3w1zs"]YouTube- Advice for Young Girls from The Little Mermaid[/ame]
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

They may update Snow White, maybe even remove it.

The way TDO is, they are a little bit stingy and may shuttter some ideas via budget.
                  YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

"And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
                  -Drawn to the Magic

"Remember...dreams come true"
                  -Julie Andrews

"Some imagination, huh?"
                  -Mickey Mouse

"Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
                  -Fantasmic!

"Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
                  -Walt Disney.

"Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
                  -SorcererHero5571

Comment

The fact that Staggs said they are increasing the budget of the Expansion gives me hope; I just hope if they do close SWSA, it WILL be replaced with a new ride in the (near) future. We all know TDO's record for shuttered attractions.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                      Here is a sneak peak at the Belle and Areal Meet and Greet.
                      I assume this is some sort of joke.. but a really, really, really bad one.

:!$#%:
                      Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                      Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                      Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Some sort of joke? Yes, I would argue that is a way of describing the MK's current state when compared to all the other 4 DL parks worldwide, including puny HK.

Comment

i still don't get what's going to be in the expansion

Comment

ORWEN: I would hate to see Snow White's Scary Adventures go away because it's the best version of that ride there is and the only one that tells the whole story from beginnng to end. But if they transferred her story to the Dwarf's Diamond mine ride then it might be worth getting rid of the current version. As long as they have at least one attraction around for Snow White I'll be happy.

ORDDU: I like your idea, Bill, of having a Sleeping Beauty attraction replace the current Snow White dark ride. Especially since one of the original ideas for Florida's Fantasyland was to have an attration for her in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                              ORDDU: I like your idea, Bill, of having a Sleeping Beauty attraction replace the current Snow White dark ride. Especially since one of the original ideas for Florida's Fantasyland was to have an attration for her in the park.
                              And since it was supposed to be the scary one, like Snow White is, would be a nice transition too.

Comment

Since it's right next to Pooh, how about a return of Mr. Toad? I agree it'll probably be Cinderella, but from what's been posted the theme (or even the return of a ride in that location) hasn't been decided on yet.
                                Tally-Ho!
                                Motor Mania!:yea:

Comment

I would love to see Toad come back... but I know that won't happen.

And I know that there are no current plans for a Cinderella dark ride. Sleeping Beauty is what has the best chance of going in to replace Snow White, if anything... though that could change if Tangled does well.
                                  -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                    And I know that there are no current plans for a Cinderella dark ride. Sleeping Beauty is what has the best chance of going in to replace Snow White, if anything... though that could change if Tangled does well.
                                    There have been rumors of Beauty and the Beast too, though I think that won't happen either so far from the rest of the B&B area. I agree Sleeping Beauty looks most likely.

Thought I'd still love Toad. If they brought EO back, why not Toad?

(or in UK at EPCOT too).

Still, it's such a long way off to even be speculating...

Comment

I like the use of classic movies. A Sleeping Beauty dark ride would be neat, especially if it were "scary". I'm really excited to see how this whole expansion turns out.

.... Oh, so I heard teacups are also supposed to get a new roof from some credible sources. Just throwing that one out there. Confirm or deny. I could be way off base.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard about the Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride. If I recall, Tony Baxter did the proposal originally for Disneyland Paris. I'd love to see that, but I know it won't happen in Florida for many reasons... location and "active brand" being the main two preventing it.

Sleeping Beauty with Tim Burton's new movie: Active Brand. Location inside the Castle Courtyard: Fits with Storyline.

However...

Tom Staggs has hinted at continually changing dark rides out to keep things fresh... Perhaps Snow White would be converted into a changing Dark Ride concept...

Imagine a low budget classic dark ride that could change out quickly to promote whatever film that Disney Animation was releasing at the time... Snow White would be an ideal location for such a thing. That's why I think Tangled might be a contender for that location... if the film does well.
                                        -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by inluvwithbeast View Post
                                          .... Oh, so I heard teacups are also supposed to get a new roof from some credible sources. Just throwing that one out there. Confirm or deny. I could be way off base.
                                          Easy Confirm!
                                          -Bill

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X