Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow white scary adventure being replaced...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snow white scary adventure being replaced...

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Easy Confirm!
    Yay. Now can you confirm theme? Lol. It's been hinted that it will be themed to fit the rest of FLE East, which is supposed to be Dumbo..........

Comment

You'll see. And so will I, because I don't know the theme yet. Quite frankly, I don't think WDI does either. lol
      -Bill

Comment

I actually don't think it will happen; It's a classic. They may plus it, but not get rid of it.
        YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

"And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
        -Drawn to the Magic

"Remember...dreams come true"
        -Julie Andrews

"Some imagination, huh?"
        -Mickey Mouse

"Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
        -Fantasmic!

"Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
        -Walt Disney.

"Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
        -SorcererHero5571

Comment

You'll see. And so will I, because I don't know the theme yet. Quite frankly, I don't think WDI does either. lol
          Lol, gotcha.

Comment

yeah this is the issue right now, things are in such flux. It is hard to speculate on stuff that hasn't been locked in yet.

So until things are locked in and concrete, there are going to be a lot of different ideas being thrown out there, so people will have to be patient with information that comes out of people with sources.
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

and Tim Burton is working on a nice little film...
              :thumbdown I always get confused between Micechat and Skype as to which one has the barfing smile and which one doesn't.

I'd be sad to see Snow White go, but at the same time I would be glad to see a new classic-style dark ride put in. And if the mine train comes along, I think this would be the best place to do it.

What worries me is the thought that the princesses could take over Snow White in the mean time. MK doesn't need to close rides at the moment, thats for sure. And Disney's record with Temporary doesn't sit well with me. A temporary redo of the space could last far too long IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                . And Disney's record with Temporary doesn't sit well with me. A temporary redo of the space could last far too long IMO.
                THANK YOU! I 1,000,000% agree! Let's look at temporary at WDW...

-Mickey's Birthday Land to Mickey's Starland to Mickey's Toontown Fair...
                -Camp Minnie Mickey
                -The Millenium Village/ World Show Place
                -The Wand (a large victory thanks to Simens)
                -The Hat

There are more but these are the ones that irk me the most.

Comment

Umm, Millennium Village was temporary... it was always known (at least to me anyway) that it would become part of special events afterwards, known as World Showplace.

And the hat wasn't supposed to be temporary either.

But yeah, just because I'm defending these, doesn't mean I like them. I don't really like anything on your list, save for Festival of the Lion King, which was supposed to be moved to Africa anyway.
                  -Bill

Comment

I might be open to a new dark ride in SW's place, but NOT to the temporary M&G thing. We all know what happens when any Disney park replaces something with something cheaper - "due to popular demand", it sticks forever. We can't risk losing a dark ride in a Fantasyland that is already net minus 2 of them as compared to DLR.
                    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by SorcererHero5571 View Post
                      I actually don't think it will happen; It's a classic. They may plus it, but not get rid of it.
                      They got rid of Mr. Toad. Sacrilige! I never in a millions years thought they would do that

Comment

I read somewhere that Mr. Toad had actually declined in popularity and ridership (is that a word?) until they actually said they were going to remove it. Then everyone started riding it again and signing petitions and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by inluvwithbeast View Post
                          I read somewhere that Mr. Toad had actually declined in popularity and ridership (is that a word?) until they actually said they were going to remove it. Then everyone started riding it again and signing petitions and whatnot.
                          Actually it was much simpler than that. Through numerous guest surveys they asked... Name 4 characters from the Wind and the Willows, then name 4 Characters from the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

People were instantly able to name 4 Characters from Pooh vs. people struggled naming more than Mr. Toad from the Wind and the Willows.

So overall for theme park merchandise sales, character opportunities, etc the clear choice was to make the switch, and have a more relevant set of characters in the park.

Comment

Makes sense. I was just trying to point out that a lot of people could care less about a ride until it's existance is being threatened. Then its torches and pitch forks.

Comment

Frankly, I always thought SWSA was pretty cheesy. Like the old-fashioned carnival rides. Definitely needs an upgrade.
                              temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

I'd really like to have that SWMT ride... It'd be a 100% perfect fit for the forest. As for SWSA... It's going to be inside the castle walls, right? So why would any other princess have their story... at Cinderella's castle? I don't think Sleeping Beauty would fit. I think it would be better to give SB her own cottage in the forest... Maybe even maleficent's castle or something? and go from there.
                                Matt!

Comment

Originally posted by inluvwithbeast View Post
                                  Makes sense. I was just trying to point out that a lot of people could care less about a ride until it's existance is being threatened. Then its torches and pitch forks.
                                  It's funny because whenever I went, it always seemed to have a long wait...both sides. IMO, the best option would to have been a Pooh ride in one half and Mr. Toad stayed on one track. need ride, and we kept the classic. Pooh wouldn't have been as elaborate, but would have fit in the dark ride ambiance of FL.
                                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

For clarification, here is what is happening as of the latest rumblings.

From the original plans:
                                    Dueling Dumbos
                                    Be Our Guest Restaurant
                                    Ariel's Undersea Adventure (or whatever it's called this week)
                                    Gaston's Tavern
                                    Enchanted Tales with Belle

Not happening:
                                    Cinderella and Aurora chateau's

New:
                                    Snow White Mine Car ride on the footprint originally planned for the Cinderella and Aurora chateau's.

Snow White's Scary Adventures and the adjacent shop will close, and become the new home for the princesses and possibly fairies.

As was reported on here a few weeks ago, the area near the Skyway needs to be expanded before the Skyway is used for any type of meet and greet. In the event all that happens, I would expect a ride to go back in the place of Snow White's Scary Adventures - the theme of which seems to be unknown at this point.
                                    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

Comment

What's ur source on the meet and greet going into Snow White? How sure are you?

I'm not saying that because I doubt you, I do feel like it would be a logical move...

I just haven't seen ANYTHING concrete yet.

PM me if you must.
                                      -Bill

Comment

So the idea is to appeal to boys more by adding a mid coaster... that's still princess themed?

Comment

I remember reading that originally the florida fantasyland rides were going to be different from the ones in Disneyland but then someone changed their mind and made them the same. If I remember right the original themes were going to be sleeping beauty, mary poppins and ichabod crane (sleepy hollow).

So long as the snow ride gets replaced by a ride then I think its great Walt wouldn't have wanted his parks to become museums so long as a new ride is done well it could be a great addition.

As for the coster ride - I think its a great idea. DLP has a casey jnr coaster which is family friendly and its really god fun. It was the first trial of onboard sound (before space mnt) and woul dbe a great addition to MK either as it is or rethemed to the diamond mine.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X