• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Romantic
    replied
    Re: More New Fantasmic Changes?

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
    What if they mixed in some of the fountain technology from World of Color?
    I'd much rather they wait on re-using that technology until they actually have it somewhat under control, since WOC seems to consistently have some kind of issue in its shows. Not to mention, it'd have to be in a really reduced form since the boats have to make it through the waters in front of the set.

Leave a comment:

• AtomicBear
    replied

What if they mixed in some of the fountain technology from World of Color?

Leave a comment:

• Mouse princess
    replied

I haven't seen Fantasmic in years and have no desire to. Maybe if it is upgraded that will change, but as of now, nope. It just doesn't have any appeal to me. Hopefully the upgrades will be something worth looking into, and not just the half attempt most updates seem to be getting.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
    ..I think it's still a very nice show without the perspective of the superior version.
    You said it.. it's a "very nice show". Will not disagree with you. Still.. if DL's Fantasmic! is a "spectacular version".. why is WDW holding back and giving you a "nice show" instead? "nice" does not cut it for me. This is "DISNEY" for goodness' sake!!! And God knows.. we are all looking forward to Tokyo DisneySea's new Fantasmic! production.. and I will be the first to criticize it if it doesn't deliver the goods.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Romantic
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    ^^^You have not experienced DL's version of Fantasmic!?!?!?!?

Then let me be the one to break the bad news to you.. You have NOT seen Fantasmic! at all.
    I've definitely gotten that impression. Even in the reduced form, I think it's still a very nice show without the perspective of the superior version. Any improvements planned are very welcome, however, as it definitely could use some plussing.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

^^^You have not experienced DL's version of Fantasmic!?!?!?!?

Then let me be the one to break the bad news to you.. You have NOT seen Fantasmic! at all.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Romantic
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    More than changing the effects, what the DHS Fantasmic needs is an edited version of the filmed portions. There is too much garbage there that makes no sense, like the character bubble sequence. They also need to take out the entire Pocahontas scene out and changing to somethinng more eye popping and popular with the crowds. Pyro and fire effects are secondary, especially since at WDW, most people get up and run to the exit when Murphy gets defeated.
    The film portions do need cut down some. I've never experienced the Disneyland version, and did enjoy WDW's for what it was, but my patience waned a bit during some of the longer sequences of projected footage. I actually quite liked the Pocahontas bit, even if it's not based on the most popular Disney film. I guess they could keep the same general set piece with a different movie, though.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

More than changing the effects, what the DHS Fantasmic needs is an edited version of the filmed portions. There is too much garbage there that makes no sense, like the character bubble sequence. They also need to take out the entire Pocahontas scene out and changing to somethinng more eye popping and popular with the crowds. Pyro and fire effects are secondary, especially since at WDW, most people get up and run to the exit when Murphy gets defeated.

Leave a comment:

• imagineerthat
    replied

Well one would think with the upcoming 40th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom/Disney World they would spruce up Fantasmic!, I don't think they would get a new dragon, since they can't get the Disneyland one to work but at least they should update the princess barges and do something so the steamboat so it doesn't look so sad.

Leave a comment:

• BANANAZ
    replied

I hope that they do eventually get a Murphy, except one that's not so... Murphy. Hopefully TDI can learn from it's mistakes in the DLR Fantasmic!

Leave a comment:

• Epcot2000
    replied

Hmm. Maybe they're getting for one of those new headless dragons. Wait... They're not supposed to be headless?!

I really hope this is true... The show gets rave reviews from first-timers, but something really needs to be done to bring up the quality and story.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

^^ There used to be nightly shows of Fantasmic! at WDW, but they cut back to just a few nights a week a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• jonyyeh
    replied

What I would like to see other than improvements to WDW's Fantasmic (such as maybe a new dragon, but one that works better than Disneyland's) is more showings. Fantasmic is only performed 3 nights a week at DHS during the summer, and as a result every showing is crowded. Disneyland, on the other hand, runs both Fantasmic and Magical (their summer fireworks show) every night during the summer.
    Last edited by jonyyeh; 09-06-2010, 09:01 PM. Reason: summer

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Interesting. I've been avoiding Fantasmic! at WDW for several years now because it's so bad. I hope this is a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Yes, we all know WDW's Fantasmic! sucks and needs refreshing. Believe it or not, something actually is finally being done about it. But it's just in the very early phases of testing right now... so don't get your hopes up anytime soon.

Although I wasn't there so I can't confirm, what you saw is most likely part of this testing.

Leave a comment:

• KingEric
    replied

I just know that there are a lot of tests going on, that are leading to something.

Leave a comment:

• FreakOuter84
    started a topic [Question] More New Fantasmic Changes?

More New Fantasmic Changes?

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about this...

Last night's first performance of Fantasmic at DHS had some new effects. Perhaps the most notable was during the Maleficent transformation. Instead of the usual fire appearing around the base of the actor, the flames alternated from orange to green down on the water (off the pyro barges). There were also several other additional mines (not the ones in the finale) throughout the show. After the first performance I ran back around to get in line for the second show so I could take video, however, the 10:00pm show was the normal show. Does anyone have any information on these new effects?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X