X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aimster
    replied
    Re: Ghost Galaxy

Nope. They don't do it. Maybe now that they added sound to WDW's version is could be a possibility.

Leave a comment:

• josefalero
    replied

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
    I direct your attention to the current WDW version of the Haunted Mansion, one of the best refurbs in recent years. WDW can do it right - it's just a question of if they WILL do it right.

Dan,

I agree with you 100% that the Haunted Mansion was one of the best refurbs of recent memory, and a testament to the fact that TDO CAN do things correctly and at a very high level. Heck I even give them credit for updating TSM at Hollywood Studios when they could have rested on their laurels and waited till next year. Even with the new movie out. The problem I see is consistency in how they execute, and the size of/how they use a budget.

I understand that WDW doesn't have to cater to the local crowd like DLR, but giving them a pass on lackluster refurbs like SM, or making hard ticket events for even the minimum "plus'" hurts not only guests now, but also in the future. The excuse that most guests visit the "World" so frequently that they would never notice the difference is breeding the culture of complacency.

Things like the HM refurb give me hope that not all is lost, but early closures, the homogenization of merchandise, and overall malaise of the resort leaves me feeling like we may be in the period of transition DLR felt in the early part of this decade. Hopefully the current regime, and overall outlook towards the resort change, and we reach a true tipping point.

I know what these parks can truly be, and one refurb (even on a classic attraction) isn't enough to sway my opinion. While one attraction may be "classic Disney" it doesn't improve the quickly deteriorating quality of the rest of the resort around it.

Leave a comment:

• danyoung
    replied

Originally posted by josefalero View Post
    Like most things at WDW I'm sure if it ever happens it will be done on the cheap, and nowhere near DLR standards.
    I direct your attention to the current WDW version of the Haunted Mansion, one of the best refurbs in recent years. WDW can do it right - it's just a question of if they WILL do it right.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Romantic
    replied

I could see it happening at some point, as the overlay change is probably minimal compared to changing the Haunted Mansion to Nightmare Before Christmas. Minimizing ride downtime has been one of the primary excuses for not doing overlays at WDW so far, if I remember correctly. I'd never actually ride Ghost Galaxy, sadly, as cheap scares and I don't get along in the least.

Leave a comment:

• SummerInFL
    replied

Unfortunately WDW doesn't get the overlays her sister park receives. Although if anyone is taking count, I'd like to throw my vote in for some this year. :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• josefalero
    replied

That random projected spiderweb did show up not to long ago on SM.

Like most things at WDW I'm sure if it ever happens it will be done on the cheap, and nowhere near DLR standards. That or you have to pay for a hard ticket event to see them.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainEO,ATIS
    replied

Walt Disney World doesn't have it, but I don't see why they couldn't add it. It would be easy to do. And as mentioned before very cheap too.

Leave a comment:

• BANANAZ
    replied

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet. If you ask me, the whole adding the speakers thing came up fairly recently to when Halloween will start. I do wonder if they're going to try a modified version of it down there.

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied

WDW doesn't have it yet. But it would be a nice, and fairly cheap, addition to their minimal Halloween activities.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

I don't think WDW will get it. The only reason the DLR has it is to intensify it's Halloween season as it loses a lot of its business to Knotts and USH during this time of year. WDW already has a built-in audience and has enough attractions to where one ride overlay isn't going to be that much of an impact on their profits.

Leave a comment:

• Cha
    started a topic [Question] Ghost Galaxy

Ghost Galaxy

I'm usually on the Disneyland boards. But we are taking a trip to World early October.

I was wondering if they do Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy?

I know Disneyland has done it before, but I've never actually rode it.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X