Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Tapestry of Nations Music??

My wife and I are heading back to WDW after a 6 year break...and bringing our 3-year old boy for the first time.

He is in love with the music from Tapestry of Nations. He calls the song "Wayla."

I know the parade has been gone for years, but I'm wondering if the music is still showing up anywhere...music for the fountains, exit music after Illuminations perhaps?

Just wondering if anybody has any ideas. He'd get a real kick out of it!

Thanks!

Re: Tapestry of Nations Music??

Yup - the music is currently the walkout music after the IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth show, held nightly at 9pm. Right after IllumiNations they have a song by a female singer, and then they go into the entire "Wayla" track. Makes for some very nice walkout music, and a great way to wait out the masses trying to exit all at once!

Comment

Fantastic news. Thanks!

Sounds like they play the soundtrack we have at home afterwards. Following Illuminations, there's the "Promise" song sung by a female singer, then comes "Wayla."

Thanks again for the response.

Comment

Exactly. They don't play the triumphant intro to the Tapestry theme - they just kinda fade up on the Wayla's. Still, it's nice walk-out music!

Comment

Oh. I didn't know they still played it then.
          -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Do they sell the music anywhere in the park? Cause this was my favorite parade.

E.P.C.O.T- The Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow

Comment

The CD is long gone.

But several sellers on eBay are willing to part with theirs, for a significant chunk of change:

Millennium Celebration Album by Disney CD, Oct-1999, Walt Disney - Get great deals on items on eBay.com!
              "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

FYI, after Reflections of Earth, Promise plays, then that crap song for "Celebrate Everything" plays, then they fade into the Tapestry Soundtrack.
                -Bill

Comment

For what it's worth, the Tapestry of Dreams soundtrack is still available though. I know it's not exactly the same, but it could be a possible substitute: Walt Disney World Music 5-Disc CD Box Set | Disney Store . The track list for the Illuminations CD is :
                  1. Reflections of Earth 9:32
                  2. We Go On 2:27
                  3. Tapestry of Dreams 25:30
                  4. Promise 4:23

I am pretty sure they still sell it separately too, but on Disneystore.com it's just the 5 CD boxed set.
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

the "Wayla" song is part of tapestry of dreams for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                      Exactly. They don't play the triumphant intro to the Tapestry theme - they just kinda fade up on the Wayla's. Still, it's nice walk-out music!
                      Actually they now play "Celebrate You" in between Promise and Tapestry unfortunately.

Comment

A few years back I spent about $8 bucks on a CD on eBay: It was Millennium Celebration "sampler." Apparently it was given away with Energizer batteries. It has a 17 minute long track that fades in and out between the IllumiNations soundtrack, the majority of the Tapestry of Nations soundtrack, "Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand," and "We Go On."

I'd still like the real CD, though... There are some missing sections of Tapestry, and for the life of me I have absolutely no idea what "Promise" sounds like. Never heard it in my life. I love the 2000 music.
                        -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

I have the Illuminations: Reflections of Earth/Tapestry of Dreams CD with the track listing mentioned above by yoyoflamingo. bought it on a trip to the park in 2001 cuz my friend and i ADORED the 'promise' song. its a nice CD
                          sigpic

Comment

Talk about a timely thread--I read it just before going to Epcot yesterday, and am happy to confirm that they "Wayla" (we always called it Heeya) is indeed alive and well playing after Illuminations.
                            MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

Comment

Originally posted by Swimpro737 View Post
                              Do they sell the music anywhere in the park? Cause this was my favorite parade.
                              Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
                              The CD is long gone.

But several sellers on eBay are willing to part with theirs, for a significant chunk of change:

Millennium Celebration Album by Disney CD, Oct-1999, Walt Disney - Get great deals on items on eBay.com!
                              Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                              For what it's worth, the Tapestry of Dreams soundtrack is still available though. I know it's not exactly the same, but it could be a possible substitute: Walt Disney World Music 5-Disc CD Box Set | Disney Store . The track list for the Illuminations CD is :
                              1. Reflections of Earth 9:32
                              2. We Go On 2:27
                              3. Tapestry of Dreams 25:30
                              4. Promise 4:23
                              I am pretty sure they still sell it separately too, but on Disneystore.com it's just the 5 CD boxed set.
                              I saw the single CD available at either the Emporium or Mouse Gear last month. Just look through the CD racks at the major stores, and you're likely to find it. I almost bought it (I think it was $18.99) because my copy of Reflections of Earth is mediocre.
                              Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X