This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Favorite "secret" place at WDW

There are lots of small semi secret places when while at WDW you can take a moment, and enjoy a simple quite moment.

For me it is behind the tree of life, there are a few alcoves that face the river, where there are benches and you can sit and just take in the warm florida weather... not to mention you can over hear people coming out from "It's Tough to be a Bug" and people's comments can be hilarious.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: Favorite "secret" place at WDW

If I posted where my "secret" place was, then it wouldn't be a secret anymore. LOL

Comment

It's not a secret, but those rocking chairs on the porch on Main Street next to Tony's Restaurant are a great place to relax. I always do that at least once a trip. It's fun sitting there, and watching everyone else hurrying in and out of Magic Kingdom.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

From coming home from Animal Kingdom yesterday, I noticed those same exact trails, away from the roaring crowds, in front of the Tree of Life. I also found the "Creatatous (sic) Trail" over in Dinoland. There's also the extended queue for 'Dinosaur.'

Since I just got my AP last week, you'll have to wait to see what I find at the other parks!

Peace,
        Roo
        husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

This is a good thread. I haven't been at WDW enough to know of any secrets so I'll keep my eyes tuned to this. At DL, the best secret for me was being able to leave the parks and go into the Grand Californian hotel and eat at the Whitewater snacks food place. It was pretty much dessert as compared to the bustling park.
          Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by RooBear View Post
            From coming home from Animal Kingdom yesterday, I noticed those same exact trails, away from the roaring crowds, in front of the Tree of Life. I also found the "Creatatous (sic) Trail" over in Dinoland. There's also the extended queue for 'Dinosaur.'

Since I just got my AP last week, you'll have to wait to see what I find at the other parks!

Peace,
            Roo
            The Cretaceous Trail is amazing. One of my best friends did a project for it, and after that I have 1000 times more respect for it. There are plants over there that are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars that people just blow by. It is truly amazing. It is so beautiful if you take a moment, and really just examine everything.
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Some of us have spent so few hours at Disney World in comparison to others. So in our mad rush to see everything, we sometimes miss the small wonderment that is right in front of us.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

2nd-floor dining room of Columbia Harbour House.

I have never seen more than a handful of parties up there at any one time. It's air-conditioned and well-themed. The restroom is always sparkly clean. Great view of the Liberty Square / Fantasyland portal.

Comment

Originally posted by Anime Nut View Post

I have never seen more than a handful of parties up there at any one time. It's air-conditioned and well-themed. The restroom is always sparkly clean. Great view of the Liberty Square / Fantasyland portal.
                  I have eaten there, and it is definitely a gem. A great place to relax and get your 2nd wind for more fun in the Magic Kingdom.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                    Some of us have spent so few hours at Disney World in comparison to others. So in our mad rush to see everything, we sometimes miss the small wonderment that is right in front of us.
                    Agreed. I've only been there twice, (2005/2009,) so both of my trips have been, "See what we can/want to see and try to keep anyone in our family from having a break down."

Off the top of my head, I like all the little courtyards and seating areas one can find in Adventureland. In Adventureland, I always feel like there is a lot more going on than I can see... Like there is some area around the corner that I haven't seen yet. In El Pirata y El Perico, around Caribbean Plaza, along by Aloha Isle, those are all nice areas.
                    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

In Epcot Center, in the UK - the back area where the smoking section is. It can be really quiet and peaceful
                      Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                        The Cretaceous Trail is amazing. One of my best friends did a project for it, and after that I have 1000 times more respect for it. There are plants over there that are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars that people just blow by. It is truly amazing. It is so beautiful if you take a moment, and really just examine everything.
                        If people took time to just take a moment and examine the surroundings in any of the parks they may be amazed. Unfortunately people in the parks feel they need to rush rush rush through the park, thus passing up some great details and amazing little features.

Comment

Originally posted by Anime Nut View Post

probably because they couldn't get their strollers and ECV's up the stairs or haul their fat XXXXX up the stairs. Which is OK because it makes the place more enjoyable for us that can

Comment

I would just park my stroller somewhere downstairs. That works just fine.

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

As a person who tries to avoid the crowds as much as possible I have many, let me see....

Magic Kingdom
                              -The seating area behind Pecos Bill, I'd say it's open 70% of the time and no one ever goes back there and its air conditioned.
                              -The seating area down the side street on Main Street. We usually grab our food and head over there to eat, its fun to listen to the sounds of the dancers and singers in the windows.
                              -The interior area in between the Pirates entrance and the shop, it reminds me of that plaza people love in NOS with the staircase but pirate themed. Great benches.
                              -2nd floor of Columbia Harbor House, great people watching spot.

Epcot
                              - The benches in the old Innoventions wing, near the restrooms behind the Ice Cream shop, again, air conditioned area, great place to sit.
                              - Morocco Pavilion - The new museum, to the left of the fountain out front, AC, benches, again, no one really goes in there.
                              - France Pavilion - The Table and chairs behind the perfume shop, most people don't walk over there, but I grab a sandwich and sit and relax in the shade.
                              -There's a secret bathroom on the foot path as you walk from Test Track to World Showcase, there's a sign but most don't use it because of the large one near First Aid. That and the sign really faces toward WS so people tend to pass it up.

DHS
                              -ABC Commissary - Go there anytime outside peak hours and its dead, AC'd, the food is decent and its not your normal park food.
                              -TOT - At the exit is a vine covered row of benches, most people walk right on by but its a good waiting area that most people don't utilize.

DAK
                              - Tree of Life trails, in front and in back, they are peaceful and aren't even marked so ask a CM how to find them.
                              - Any of the animal trails, there are different areas with benches in the shade that are really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                                DHS
                                -ABC Commissary - Go there anytime outside peak hours and its dead, AC'd, the food is decent and its not your normal park food.
                                -TOT - At the exit is a vine covered row of benches, most people walk right on by but its a good waiting area that most people don't utilize.
                                When we were there in May we hung out at that TOT seating area for about an hour. The kids got to play with their toys (Star Wars figures they just bought) Grandma sat and drank some coffee from the cart and we rode ToT. What an awesome spot. Its out of the sun and secluded. No one went there the whole time and it was crazy busy that day in the park since it was Star Wars weekend.

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

MK: Walking Trail between Toontown and Tomorrowland.

Epcot: The waterfall in Canada

DHS: Kinda lame, but I always end up wandering through the Animation building and Art of Disney.

AK: Dinosaur overflow queue FTW
                                  -Shane

An obsession with arcane, obscure, and absurd secrets of Walt Disney World

Comment

Oh, yes, the trail between Tomorrowland and Toontown Fair.

Anybody know what's happening to that with the expansion? I thought it was going away.
                                    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Rocking Chair on Tom Sawyer Island Facing Big Thunder Mountain... really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazelrah View Post
                                        MK: Walking Trail between Toontown and Tomorrowland.

Epcot: The waterfall in Canada

DHS: Kinda lame, but I always end up wandering through the Animation building and Art of Disney.

AK: Dinosaur overflow queue FTW
                                        Add these to my list as well. Regarding DHS, I don't think it's lame, we liked going through the Animation building as well but we always went in through the exit until they started putting a CM there. (Which I still disagree with)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X