X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite "secret" place at WDW

At MK...my favorite spot is the Cinderella wishing well

Also like Snow White's well in Germany at Epcot....cute photo ops.

I know....I have a thing for wishing wells LOL

I love the Animation building at DHS too!
    Last edited by Patticakes128; 09-14-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

At all of WDW, not just the parks, my favorite "secret place" is the balcony/rocking chair area just between the lobby and the guest wing (on the right side) of Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can just sit there with a book and find some nice, peaceful relaxation, especially during the day when guests are at the parks.

And when it's not being used, the wedding gazebo at the Yacht Club is really lovely; it's great to hear the horn of the passenger boats as they shuttle between Epcot, the Yacht Club and DHS.

Lastly, I never have stayed at Fort Wilderness, but have gone to the "hiking trail" there, near the water. There's rarely anyone else there (until just before the fireworks), and you get to see wildlife and enjoy the peaceful sounds of ... nothing.

Comment

EPCOT: The area surrounding the QS place in the Japan Pavilion (I forget what it's called) but it's a great place to sit down and eat cuz you're very high up and depending where you sit you get a lovely view of the Lagoon.

DAK: Another great spot is the seating area at Flame Tree Barbecue that faces the lake with Everest on the other side. Awesome view! You almost forget you're in AK!

There are also hidden areas and pathways in DAK surrounding the Tree of Life that I love.

Several of the pavilions are themselves special secret places because not many people explore their depths. The France and Morocco pavilions are major ones. There are many stores and buildings that people dont even know they can enter.

Love the Wilderness Trail. I had many fun deer encounters on that trail!

Dont know of a lot of great hidden spots in the other parks. There are great not so crowded food places at DHS that I love going to. ABC Commisary is my favorite. I also enjoy Backlot Express.

My friend and I ate on the second floor of Pinocchio Village Haus and it was pretty cool. We got to see a bit of the balcony and stuff :thumbup:

Also: the Christmas shops are great to go in even when it's not the holiday and the crowds are less.

Comment

Originally posted by Anime Nut View Post
          2nd-floor dining room of Columbia Harbour House.

I have never seen more than a handful of parties up there at any one time. It's air-conditioned and well-themed. The restroom is always sparkly clean. Great view of the Liberty Square / Fantasyland portal.
          Excellent answer! - this is one of my favorites as well. If I had to pick another, it would be the small "side streets" off of Main Street USA - the tiny details on all of Main street always get my attention but these little areas are kind of out of the way of the crowd moving down the street.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
            There are lots of small semi secret places when while at WDW you can take a moment, and enjoy a simple quite moment.
            Now Eric.. if I told you my secret place, it would not be a secret anymore, now would it?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
              Now Eric.. if I told you my secret place, it would not be a secret anymore, now would it?
              lol we should exchange secret places.
              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

When crowds aren't high, the walkway flanking the Castle to the left is a quiet and beautiful spot. It connects the entrance of Liberty Square to the place where Cinderella's Fountain is located. The east view of the Castle is amazing, and you can really check out all the towers and details without the sun bothering you, surrounded by pine trees. It has a bench or two, and I've rarely seen people there, except in summer: there are NO SECRET PLACES IN SUMMER.

Comment

Originally posted by michael darling View Post
                  When crowds aren't high, the walkway flanking the Castle to the left is a quiet and beautiful spot. It connects the entrance of Liberty Square to the place where Cinderella's Fountain is located. The east view of the Castle is amazing, and you can really check out all the towers and details without the sun bothering you, surrounded by pine trees. It has a bench or two, and I've rarely seen people there, except in summer: there are NO SECRET PLACES IN SUMMER.
                  That's my spot too...i love sitting on the benches and taking pictures.
                  And I always make a wish when I'm there

Comment

Originally posted by Anime Nut View Post
                    2nd-floor dining room of Columbia Harbour House.I have never seen more than a handful of parties up there at any one time. It's air-conditioned and well-themed. The restroom is always sparkly clean. Great view of the Liberty Square / Fantasyland portal.
                    This. The one time I was up there (only been to WDW twice), it was practically empty. In contrast, the first floor was packed and the restroom had a line. I chose a table overlooking Fantasyland and relaxed there for an hour.

Comment

In DHS there is a little alleyway in Streets of America to the left of MuppetVision 3D that is rarely used. It has the Mama Melrose Restaraunt and a Christmas shop there.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                        The Cretaceous Trail is amazing. One of my best friends did a project for it, and after that I have 1000 times more respect for it. There are plants over there that are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars that people just blow by. It is truly amazing. It is so beautiful if you take a moment, and really just examine everything.
                        I'm really disappointed that they didn't put in the animated interactive Dinosaur there.

Comment

Originally posted by DRSeeker View Post
                          I'm really disappointed that they didn't put in the animated interactive Dinosaur there.
                          I used to be, but now if you are there, it forces you to take in the Flora, and really look at it. I personally love it there so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                            ...We liked going through the Animation building as well but we always went in through the exit until they started putting a CM there. (Which I still disagree with)
                            Whoa, whoa, whoa... When did this happen? A year ago, my family went in through the exit just fine.
                            -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
                              Whoa, whoa, whoa... When did this happen? A year ago, my family went in through the exit just fine.
                              Earlier this year is when we experienced it, I want to say March or April? I don't have my family pics uploaded to reference the dates right now. LOL Maybe its just a periodic thing?

Comment

Well, I regret not actually going through the "attraction," now, so I could get the full experience and see the Magic of Disney Animation in this state. Then, if it changes up, I could say I'd seen it. Same goes for Journey into Narnia. -_-

Anyways... Secret places.
                                -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Ok my 2nd secret spot is the boat ride from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney. It is such a tranquil and peaceful experience. I truly love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Homan View Post
                                    Rocking Chair on Tom Sawyer Island Facing Big Thunder Mountain... really nice.
                                    Tom Sawyer Island is such a great place to relax. There are so many quiet places there it's hard to believe you are in the busiest park in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by fn2bfree View Post
                                      Tom Sawyer Island is such a great place to relax. There are so many quiet places there it's hard to believe you are in the busiest park in the world.
                                      I agree, my family loves the caves on the TSI, especially that long hallway which has a very Alice in Wonderland feeling to it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X