• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Toad
    replied
    Re: Splash Mountain Fire?

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
    Disney ride reopens after false call of smoke - Florida AP - MiamiHerald.com

False alarm. Apparently someone smelled a burning smell, but it was probably just a blown transistor. They shut everything down for an hour just in case while they investigated.
    Could it have also been the burning plastic smell that's permeated the inside of the attraction since they redid the lighting a while back? The fumes are borderline noxious... it definitely smells like the plastic leaves are either melting and/or about to catch fire.

Leave a comment:

• ORD84
    replied

well thats good to hear...I still feel that the MX budget should be expanded, 80% of the problems IMO are more upkeep and maintanence related than anything else

Leave a comment:

• Disney Romantic
    replied

Disney ride reopens after false call of smoke - Florida AP - MiamiHerald.com

False alarm. Apparently someone smelled a burning smell, but it was probably just a blown transistor. They shut everything down for an hour just in case while they investigated.

Leave a comment:

• ORD84
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Or maybe, WDW lacking maintenance has finally caught on with them.. I mean.. fires are preventable.
    ^this...

I checked the Orlando Sentinel's homepage, but nothing on there about this as of yet...

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
    Apparently Brer Fox decided to expand his attempts to cook Brer Rabbit.
    Or maybe, WDW lacking maintenance has finally caught on with them.. I mean.. fires are preventable.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Romantic
    replied

Apparently Brer Fox decided to expand his attempts to cook Brer Rabbit.

Haven't heard anything either, though I'm sure if it's major that news will spread fast.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

No, Ihave not heard anything on this since I don't twitter. But hey, at least they did not have to go far to get water to extinguish it.

Leave a comment:

• BrizMarc
    started a topic [Question] Splash Mountain Fire?

Splash Mountain Fire?

I just got this twitter update

We're hearing reports of a fire at Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World this morning. The Magic Kingdom attraction was evacuated first, which was then followed by the rest of Frontierland. There are no details as to the extent of the problem or the cause of the fire. We will update this story as more details become available

Reports of fire at Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain - Disney News

anyone heard anything?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X