The "Ghetto" version of Disneyland? What?!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mouse princess
    Hello there
    • Apr 2005

Re: The "Ghetto" version of Disneyland? What?!

Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
    Who said "Ghetto"?

In my life experience, Disneyland wins the vote as to the better between the two for all the reason hashed and rehashed on here. There is lots of truth to which ever one you love the most is the one you went to first and grew up on. However that said, my own personal experience is that DL converts more to being their favorite of the two then MK.

Now curious about size... in just Disneyland verus the Magic Kingdom, how many know exactly how much bigger the MK is compared to DL? 50% bigger? Twice the size?

Believe it or not, at 85 acre vs 107 acre, MK is only 26% larger than DL. But at roughtly 60 attractions vs. MK's roughly 40 attractions, DL has roughly 50% more attractions squeezed into its small acreage, perhap increaseing the perception of how much smaller it is compared to its East Coast sister.

But never have I gotten the sence, that the overall mass opinion of MK is that it is a Ghetto Version. Never.

I don't even think Disneyland is the Superior Version, I hold my opinion at Disneyland is the Better version.
    Its actually 55 vs 36 using Disney's website on attratcions list. In that 55 number- there are 2 meet and greets which I would not really call an attraction., so its more like 53 vs. 36.
    DL does not have 50% more.
    And once the WDW expansion is complete, the number should change a bit more lessening the gap.
    There is a gap, DL does have more rides, but that does not make DL a superior park. Mostly I think it has a lot to do with what you consider your home park.

WDW has a lot to offer. It is a vacation. DL is more of a day park.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• Coheteboy
      Starcruiser.. crash crash
      MiceChat Moderator
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
      There is a gap, DL does have more rides, but that does not make DL a superior park. Mostly I think it has a lot to do with what you consider your home park.

Growing up, the Disney rides and attractions is what made me love a Disney park. The theming is also an essential part of it. Personally, the more disney attractions, the more superior the place is in my eyes. You can STILL have a great time at MK but it will never be my preference at their current pace of expansion. Same goes to the rest of the parks at WDW as well.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• Mr.Cool
        MiceChatter
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
        Its actually 55 vs 36 using Disney's website on attratcions list. In that 55 number- there are 2 meet and greets which I would not really call an attraction., so its more like 53 vs. 36.
        DL does not have 50% more.
        And once the WDW expansion is complete, the number should change a bit more lessening the gap.

Me personally would rather get on rides than meet any princesses..

and everyone here is comparing the park itself not the resorts..

we all get disney world is this massive vacation destination and has 4 theme parks and two water parks and a indoor park...

but park vs park.. disneyland ca wins as the best magic kingdom park

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X