X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Pooh/Mr. Toad

Hi all,

I'm curious. I visited WDW once in 97 and took a ride on Mr. Toad I have very little memory of. I spent an unexpected afternoon there in 03 that I wasn't planning on while in the area for business. I snagged a ride on Pooh to check it out, but was hurried. (I'm takign a REAL week long visit to WDW for my honeymoon in Sept...YAY!!!!)

Anyway...I learned recently that Mr. Toad was 2 seperate dark ride tracks and the two weren't identical. My question is a simple one....is Pooh the same, or did they use the space for the 2 Toad tracks to create one larger dark ride. I really can't remember. I enjoyed the ride a lot, but have to admit to being a little disappointed since I had recently ridden the TDL version!

They used the space for the two tracks to create one large one for pooh.
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Comment

Mr. Toad had 2 different tracks? Was the ride different on each one? Does the Disneyland version have 2 tracks?

Comment

Yeah. Each side was similar but different.
        Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
        Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Comment

Mr Toad had 2 different tracks? I didn't know that.

Comment

DL's Toad is single track

Comment

Ok, so they got rid of a classic like Toad to make room for soem Pooh ride??? *roll eyes* With all the space WDW has, they couldnt just build it off in a corner somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by monorail_rider
                Ok, so they got rid of a classic like Toad to make room for soem Pooh ride??? *roll eyes* With all the space WDW has, they couldnt just build it off in a corner somewhere?
                Toad probably wasn't getting good counts, or required a large refit that would cost more money than they wanted to spend, and would rather invest in a new attraction that would bring more people.
                "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
                Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
                "
                -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCM
                  Toad probably wasn't getting good counts, or required a large refit that would cost more money than they wanted to spend, and would rather invest in a new attraction that would bring more people.

I know. I just hate to see the good ones go.

Comment

Originally posted by monorail_rider
                    now THAT's what DL should have done. I was EXTREMLY upset when Pooh came out west as:

1) It ripped out the Country Bear Playhouse
                    2. It left me w/ NO Disney park where I could see an all ENGLISH version of the "Country Bear Vacation Hoedown" in person, (It's my favorite of the 3 bears shows)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X