Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

DISNEY RESPONDS TO CRITICISM FROM ABIGAL DISNEY

Disney has responded to Abigail's recent comments and they can be discussed in this thread - https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...neyland-resort
2 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

See more
See less

Fantasticduck takes her Prince Charming to WDW! (Photo Heavy)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Fantasticduck takes her Prince Charming to WDW! (Photo Heavy)

Well, the past year has been interesting. I split with my ex of 5 years and moved twice. Then about 6 months ago I met a fantastic man and was promoted at work and things started to look up.
    Sad part was my Prince Charming didn’t understand my Donald Duck collection, nor my obsession with all things Disney. He didn’t understand why my living room was decorated with Toy Story Aliens, why I had to go see Toy Story 3 the DAY it came out and why I had almost every biography on Walt Disney. How could I make him understand??

So….I took him on his FIRST trip to Disney World!!! (I was in major need of a vacation anyway!)
    Warning: Not all of the pictures are the best quality as some were taken on our cell phones.

Day 1 – Friday September 24, 2010

My Dad drops us off at the Cincinnati airport at 6:45am for our 9:15am flight. I’m going on about an hour sleep and I DON’T fly well (I have bad allergies and every time I fly I wind up with a sinus infection plus I just don’t trust being that far up in the air), but he likes to fly and I was trying to make this a trip for both of us. There is no one at the airport and I’m a nervous wreck. We make it through security and head over to our concourse to grab breakfast.

Perfect shirt for me- too bad it was on a baby shirt =(

Mmmm…Cinabon!

Flight says we will be right on time! Liars!

I spend about an hour in the Borders store trying to decide whether or not to buy the Hidden Mickey book. I decide not to (turns out to be a BIG mistake later on). We board the plane on time, get seated and buckled in, I take my anxiety medicine and we wait. And wait. And wait.

The pilot finally comes on the speakers and says “Well, um, yeah. We are waiting on them to reboot our system as they are detecting a problem with the throttle control.” Get me off the plane NOW!

Finally, we back away from the gate (with much applause from the passengers) only to stop again and wait some more. We waited so long they pulled back to the gate and were going to let people unboard (I think this is a new rule? I’ve been stuck on the runway for hours before and never been allowed to unboard). After about a 2 hour wait we finally were up in the air and on our way to my laughing place!

View from the plane

We land in Orlando around 1pm, 2 hours behind schedule. With our original plans to rent a car and go to a restaurant about 40 minutes away now scrapped we make our way thru MCO looking for the Magical Express

Prince Charming wait VERY impressed with MCO (I’ve been thru there before)

My first Duckie picture of the trip!

Found our line for the Magical Express!

Yeay! It's Disney Time!

Of course I’m bouncing in my seat like a little kid when we get on the bus. And then this guy comes on the screen:

I KNEW there was a Scrooge costume! Now I just have to figure out when he’s in the parks!
    Theme banner at the resort

This was my first time at a moderate resort; usually I stay at one of the All Stars. But Disney was offering the Free Dining Plan and I wanted to check out a moderate so I went with that. Caribbean is GORGEOUS! And huge! We get off the bus and get in line at the Customs house to check in. I had done online check-in (not really sure it speeds up the process?) and she was going over our folder, hands me our cards and my birthday button and finds out it’s Prince Charming’s first visit at age 29 and hands him a first visit button! And we’re off to the room! And of course it’s raining (it’s Orlando, what do you expect?).

Our room

We got a Finding Nemo room (the look on my face is more of a running joke between us and our friends we went on a previous trip with)

View from our door (We were in “Aruba”)

We check out our room and walk over to Port Royale to get a snack as our reservations for California Grill aren’t until 9pm, check out the gift shop and find the best way to get to the Contemporary. Prince Charming was impressed with the giant cookies we got as snacks

We get back to the room to check on our luggage (I had never used the Magical Express before and was very nervous about lost luggage) and decide its naptime (I’d only had an hour of sleep the night before). A CM knocks on the door just as I was about to fall asleep and gives me a picture of Mickey for my birthday with a photopass card! Wohoo!! So nice!

After our nap we cleaned up and headed on over to California Grill via the buses. I’ve never been there before and Prince Charming is a foodie and wine person. I LOVE THIS PLACE! I got him the add-on wine plan with the Dining Plan and he loved it (I’d recommend it if you like wine). Our waitress was hysterical and the view was beautiful (the castle lit up at night). I was taking pictures of the bar area before we were seated and a CM came up to me and said “You can’t take pictures of the bar…” and I looked at him wondering why, and he kept going “…without some Mickey stickers!” and handed me a bunch of stickers. I was cracking up!

Disney is fantastic with food allergies! I'm allergic to shellfish and ginger and they wouldn't even bring bread to the table until a chef came to talk to us. This is the one place I truly feel safe having a meal.

Prince Charming got the sushi appetizer

I got the flatbread with pesto and tomatoes

We both got the filet with mashed potatoes and brocolini for our meals

I got the lemon cheesecake (phenomenal!)

He got the chocolate cake

On our way back we were the only people on the bus to Downtown Disney where we had to switch over for the bus for our resort. The driver was talking with us and took us straight to our resort instead of us having to switch over! Again, I was blown away with how nice everyone is here! It’s almost midnight when we get back so we head to our room to crash for the night

Up next: Day two at Hollywood Studios!
    Last edited by FantasticDuck; 10-08-2010, 12:08 PM. Reason: spacing
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Re: Fantasticduck takes her Prince Charming to WDW! (Photo Heavy)

Great TR so far! Keep it coming!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Noice! I can't wait to see all the duck pictures.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

LOHVE it.

Comment

We wanted to fly out of Cinci (since it's closer) but couldn't find decent airfare, so we are flying out of Indy.

Food looks soooo good!!!!

Can't wait to see more of your pics!
          Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

nice trip report.

Comment

very nice and any more update?
              I am traveling now.

Comment

Super cool! did you guys go to mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party?

Comment

No, we didn't do that party and now I'm REALLY wishing we had. Maybe next year as we are contemplating getting annual passes.

And I'm working on day two right now. I had to steal Prince Charming's memory cards to get his pictures (he had some of the food pictures on his camera)

Comment

I love that you took your Prince Charming to WDW for his first trip. I want to do that for someone, so for now I will live through your great TR.

More ducks please.

Comment

DAY 2: HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!
                      We had lunch reservations at Sci-Fi Dine-In so we slept in a bit before heading to the park. We skipped breakfast and caught the bus around 1030.
                      Heading in to the park

First view of the hat

Horsing around on the play horse in front of a shop

Prince Charming on the Speed Bike

Finally we make it to Sci-Fi Dine-In!!

Menu

Yummy chocolate shake

One of the clips on the screen

I got the onion rings as an appetizer

Prince Charming for the artichoke & spinach dip

We were cracking up at the old movies, Tom and Jerry cartoons and the old movie ads. It reminds me of Mystery Science Theater that used to run on TV. Then our meals came!
                      I got the pasta (chef replaced the shrimp with chicken)

Prince Charming got the club

And on to dessert!
                      Prince Charming got the sundae

And I got the chocolate cake

Completely stuffed we decided to just wander. We headed over to Muppet Vision 3D and walked right in.

Heading over to the Animation Academy was next. On the way there we stopped by the Great Movie ride

Then we walked around the shop and I found some Duckies!

On to Pixar land for Toy Story Mania!
                      But one more Duckie first:

This was the longest wait we had all day at about 30 minutes. This ride is completely worth the wait in my opinion and I have the video games based off of it. The queue theme is so much fun!

Hidden Mickey!

While we were waiting the people behind us had 2 children that were running wild. They were kicking us, ducking under the bars and climbing on the decorations and screaming at each other while the parents paid no attention. I was scared one of them were going to get hurt from climbing on the decorations and jumping off, especially as some of their jumps were landing them close to the bars for the line. That was the only bad part of the day.
                      We grabbed our glasses and headed down for our car. The ride did stop for a few minutes and we got to play a couple extra rounds of one game, but all the more fun for us!!
                      Prince Charming beat me!

Salad with lime dressing

Potstickers with dipping sauces

Chicken wings

Stir-fried veggies and thai pan noodles

My dish of plain food (skewers of beef, pork and chicken and rice with broccoli)

As we were heading out to catch the bus we decided to play with the statues

We headed back to CBR as we had to be up really early for the Keys to the Kingdom tour the next day. Prince Charming has been taking it all in so far and enjoying it, but the next day is when another Disney fan is really born!
                      Up next: Day 3: Keys to the Kingdom tour & Magic Kingdom/Tutto Italy for Dinner at EPCOT

Comment

Nice pictures. It's nice to experience someone's first time. It helps me remember my first.
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Great so far!

(And as an FYI...Scrooge is out in the Magic Kingdom during the holidays. They have Donald's Christmas Tree Stand set up and I saw him there last year. No sure if the construction has changed it, but that's where I've seen him. However, the line was so long I didn't get to meet him. )
                          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Awesome! Nice to see what has changed since my last visit in 07'.

Comment

Wow. That's a really nice trip report. I always stay in the Deluxe resorts like the Polynesian and Contemporary and the Grand Floridian, but maybe I will check out the resort you guys stayed in next time I go.
                              "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Comment

Working...
                              X