This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Witches of Morva
    ORDDU: Oh, we understand where you're coming from, Nephythys, duckling. That's because you're a very fair-minded gosling who knows what's important in life. Hugs!!!
    quack quack

Comment

I was in the Magic Kingdom 3 years ago on that park's designated attendance day. I saw no more bad behavior by gays than I see by straits on any given day in the park. I would take the kids without any fear.

Comment

You'll have a great time. I went two years ago and had a blast. The only downfall was the official Magic Kingdom day was packed and the lines were long. It was just as crowded as Christmas time.

Comment

my sister and husband work at nearby WDW restuarants. they said "gay week" by far is their best time of the whole year. they get the best tips and have the most fun with those customers.

Comment

I went last year during Gay Days and I had no problems with anything I saw.

Comment

I don't think Gay days at Disney is any more shocking than finding out Max is Goofy and Minnie Mouse's son. So big deal. :botox:

Comment

Wow, it's really amazing how reactions are so different on various Disney boards...glad this one is sane!

I can only echo what everyone else is saying here. It's mostly like any other day at the parks, only really crowded. That would be my only reason for staying away...the crowds. However, the vibe is so much fun! This is a time when most of the adults are actually there to enjoy themselves, and show it. It's like a park full of great big kids.
                Meow

Comment

We were there last year at EPCOT and it wasn't different than any other visit. We only saw one concentration of red shirts who seemed to be havig a great time behaving like any other group of varied color shirts at the Rose and Crown. One guy's shirt said, "Plays well with others". Otherwise I wouldn't have known there was a gay days.
                  "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    I don't think Gay days at Disney is any more shocking than finding out Max is Goofy and Minnie Mouse's son. So big deal. :botox:
                    I'll bet that Mickey wasn't too pleased when that news broke. :lol:

Comment

Here's a funny story: My first Gay Day at WDW was about 5 years ago and I didn't even know it! I was in the park all day with a friend. Both of us happen to be gay, and NEITHER of us realized that there was a special gay event going on. I seem to recall commenting on all the "sisters" in the park, but never made the connection in my mind. It wasn't until my friend emailed me later with a link to the web site that I realized that we were there and missed the whole thing! I was so busy keeping to my schedule of running from ride to ride while making all my restaurant reservations, that I missed out on all the fun. UGH.

Since then I have attended the event about every other year at WDW and every year at Disneyland. Not that I wear the red shirt or participate in the special events (only wore red once) but it really is a fun and festive atmosphere. Mamabot and I went last year and just lurked around. Except for our awesome night at Pleasure Island.

Have fun Nephythys. I may be there that week. I'll PM you if I am and we can meet up for lunch or something!

TTFN,
                      -Dusty
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                      Save

Comment

I'll start off by saying that 1) I'm gay and 2) I've never been to WDW on gay day. I hear that the main day to avoid (for a person not visiting WDW for gay day) is the Magic Kingdom day. I say this because that is the day when the park is going to be the most crowded and I'm assuming a prime objective of yours is going to be to avoid the crowds. As others have said, you can go to the gay day website and they will tell you which days the red shirt days are in which parks. As mentioned previously, the Magic Kingdom Day is the one that attracts significant crowds. Other than that, I hear that the worst you can expect is to maybe see same sex couples holding hands.

Apparently the only time the spring break party atmosphere really takes over is at the Mannequins and 8Trax at Pleasure Island, which I believe are 21 and over clubs . . . and you can see that type of behavior between opposite sex couples the other 364 days of the year. There is also a private beach party (requires a special ticket purchased from gay day organizers) held after hours at Typhoon Lagoon. Certain anti-gay day organizations have taken photos of couples kissing or shirtless men at the beach party and other private parties and have posted these pictures on the internet claiming "all pictures taken inside Disney themeparks, don't expose your children to this." Don't be deceived by these tactics and keep in mind which photos were taken at the 21 and over clubs, and the private beach party..... places where either young children aren't going to be or events not open to the general public.

Someone posted an interesting story on another website one time about visiting on gay days. A European toursist asked what all the red shirts were for. This person explained to the tourist, at which point the European tourist responded "Oh, you Americans have a holiday for everything."

I must also say that I am very impressed at how civil this topic has remained compared to other places on the net. YAY FOR MICECHAT! :bow:

Cris

Comment

Dusty!! Will you be coming back to WDW on Gay days this year?? I would love to say "hello! Nice to meet you!" in person!! Let me know!! I will be there with my partner on those days!

Comment

And may I interject, Dusty, you're a hottie! Ahem..I had to get that out....

Ahem...back to the topic at hand...
                            Meow

Comment

Private After Hours Shirtless Photographed Beach Party at Typhoon Lagoon?!?!? How come no one ever told about that part of the gayday festivities?

Oh dusty, you hotty you, are we going this year???

Comment

I would love to see you guys down there if you go! I am SO close to having all my ducks in a row to get down there for 5 days, I am just beside myself with glee.

Comment

My partner and I may be there as well. Would be great to meet up with all you.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of you will either already be there, or want to go. Perhaps we should just set up a meet. I'll call the Disney Vacation Club on Monday and see what the availability looks like. I want to stay at the Boardwalk.
                                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                    Save

Comment

Wow, it's really amazing how reactions are so different on various Disney boards...glad this one is sane!
                                      I second that. I'm amazed at the sanity here. Bless you all, haha.

Comment

I'll be staying off property- I am doing this on the cheap and since I own a timeshare I might as well use it. But I am sure I can work out time to meet everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
                                          Sounds like a lot of you will either already be there, or want to go. Perhaps we should just set up a meet. ...
                                          That's sounds like a great idea. It would be good to meet some fellow MiceChatters at WDW at this year's GayDay.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X