Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My June plans just went KABLOOIE in my face. Rose has her dress rehearsal and dance recital that weekend (unless by some miracle it has been changed)- so I am going to try to come down the weekend before Memorial Day weekend.

Now everyone really cross their fingers because if I can't get the days off I am pretty much screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
      Sounds like a lot of you will either already be there, or want to go. Perhaps we should just set up a meet. I'll call the Disney Vacation Club on Monday and see what the availability looks like. I want to stay at the Boardwalk.
      I am game for tha Dusty!!

Comment

That would be cool, considering I work at WDW I will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
          My June plans just went KABLOOIE in my face. Rose has her dress rehearsal and dance recital that weekend (unless by some miracle it has been changed)- so I am going to try to come down the weekend before Memorial Day weekend.

Now everyone really cross their fingers because if I can't get the days off I am pretty much screwed.
          Good luck! I must agree with this thread. I have never attended an event but I have only heard good things. I must also agree that Dusty is quite attractive. Let us all know how the event goes!

Comment

Looks like I will be trying to get down there May 20th through the 24th- *sigh* sorry that I will miss some of you. It would still be nice to meet up with some east coast Disney fans though!!!

Comment

Well, too bad, there's no way I can get down there this year. There's just too much going on for me during the summer. I won't even get to Disneyland until Christmas, which stinks!

It would be fun to hang out with people on the boards, as I tend to stay away from the party crowds.
              Meow

Comment

Hey everyone; I stumbled across this very sane and pleasant thread just searching around for Gay Day mentions and thought I'd say hi. As mentioned over and over, behavior-wise, Gay Day is just like most other days in the theme parks. Except for crowd-potential there's little reason to worry about it much. During these next few months all the plans for Gay Day 2005 will start coming together in great detail so if you check at www.gayday.com periodically, you'll get the latest info about what's going on.

Comment

Hey folks,

I'm not typically a responder, I'm typically the read-and-absorb type, but this topic caught my eye and I thought I'd add my two cents, even if I get change back. ;-)

I attended Gay Days in 2004 with some typically preconceived notions based on horror stories I heard and my own basic assumptions on how such an event would play out.

However, I thought it was played out nicely, and although its been said, i will reiterate that it was a pretty good event. In every crowd, there are always folks that go above and beyond, sometimes to annoyance, but the crowd was very well-behaved, friendly and it really had a good sense of family to it.

I think the event systematically added a sense of unity for the gay community with the community as a whole with such an event.

My only concern was the folks who had no idea what the event was, who may have been witness to the above-and-beyond displays, but for the most part, if you are there to enjoy yourself, you will -- your own power to control your enjoyment is in your hands. I think folks were generally aware that their presence in such an event places a weight on image and perception.

However, after attending in 2004, I plan to gather a group and attend in 2005. I had a pretty good time, and would recommend the experience. My family has actually asked to come down for that week in May/June to attend the festivities themselves!

Some more information at gaydays.com.

Conversely, the other side is available at stopgaydays.com. (Be forewarned that the "examples" shown are extremes, and I never saw such things in my experience -- I think a lot has been taken completely out of context.)

:-D
                  Ric
                  Director, Concierge Services
                  HOLLYWOOD TOWER HOTEL
                  established 1939

and featuring
                  TIP TOP CLUB

on the top floor

Comment

Sounds like a lot of you will either already be there, or want to go. Perhaps we should just set up a meet. I'll call the Disney Vacation Club on Monday and see what the availability looks like. I want to stay at the Boardwalk.
                    Dustysage - a meet would be a lot to fun at Gay Day to meet other gay Disney fans. Just let us know if you line something up.

To confirm what the other's have said, Gay Day at Disney (and now Universal IOA) is nothing to be concerned about for anyone attending the parks on the same day. Yes, it's a lot of red shirts on the big day at the MK, but 99% of the crowd is well-behaved and considerate of others. Also remember that Disney has perfected crowd control and maintaining a familiy-oriented atmosphere at the parks. You won't see anything too off-color (gay or straight) because Disney will not allow it. If you see something that bothers you, just let a CM know and it will be taken care of.

Comment

I dont understand why gay people get their own days?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                        Now now...we got this far without a fight. Let's not start now.
                        That Guy!

Comment

A part of me wants to say something lurid and atrocious to get this discussion rocket-firing up like something on the MouseInfo boards just for the heck of it...

But I won't, for I am civil and polite. *repeats as mantra*

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                            I don't really get it either. They don't have fat people days or short people days or any other group that gets special days. It doesn't bother me , I don't care one way or the other. I think that most people that oppose it are just afraid of public diplays of affection that they may have to explain to their young children, and they really don't want to have to do that while on vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by karliebug
                              I don't really get it either. They don't have fat people days or short people days or any other group that gets special days. It doesn't bother me , I don't care one way or the other. I think that most people that oppose it are just afraid of public diplays of affection that they may have to explain to their young children, and they really don't want to have to do that while on vacation.

mmmmmmmmmmm
                              Gets up and goes for a cup of coffee...
                              Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

Sometimes groups that are in the minority, or have been treated like second hand citizens by society, gain comfort by getting together with groups of people who have experienced the same hardships. If a bunch of fat people wanted to organize "Fat Days" at Disneyland it would be fine by me.
                                That Guy!

Comment

It's kind of like waiting for a tornado to come over your house. *drags patio furniture into garage*

Comment

What are you guys worried about? Nothing bad is going to happen. Come on out from the cellar. Don't be scared.
                                    That Guy!

Comment

I don't really get it either. They don't have fat people days or short people days or any other group that gets special days.
                                      Ummm, actually, they do. If you've been to WDW, you know that almost every day is fat people day (Americans have gotten bigger over the years). And groups hold all sorts of special events at the parks, religious festivals, Magic Music Days, Cheerleader Days, Autism Days, Happy Hearts (Special Needs) Days, even mega-family reunions. This is just one more non-official event that is organized by a group un-associated with Disney, but for which disney gets to collect the $$$$$

The event has grown so popular that it now spans an entire week (including Universal and sometimes Sea World).

I wish I could make it this year. But DVC is all booked. So I'm going two weeks before.
                                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                      Save

Comment

If you've been to WDW, you know that almost every day is fat people day (Americans have gotten bigger over the years).
                                        Amen Dusty. I was thinking the exact same thing when I was writing my post.
                                        That Guy!

Comment

If you're (or anyone else for that matter) is still worried about gay days, just don't worry about anything. Just don't go to the Magic Kingdom on Sat or Sun and you won't even notice anything. The only reason you shouldn't go to the Magic Kingdom on the weekend is because of crowds. That's about it.

Sorry to hear about your girl's dance thing... honestly, if it were up to me, I'd just skip the dance thing and go to Disney. Dances at 5 years old will never get her anywhere. LOL Have her dance at Disney.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X