X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WDW1974
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Cory Mitchell
    Amen Dusty. I was thinking the exact same thing when I was writing my post.
    And I so wanted to make a snide comment about how obesity is so prevalent at WDW (both guests and CMs) nowadays ... and how it isn't beautiful and it kills. And how it's an addiction just like booze or pills or anything else ... but you don't read the boards here for a few days and you get beat to the punch or paunch... am I allowed to say I'm tired of getting run over at WDW by triple-wide parents pushing double-wide strollers with fat, lazy, overage brats in them?

(I ask 'cause I once got in trouble at another 'place' for speaking da truth.)

Comment

• Nephythys
      Original Mice-Chatter
      • Jan 2005

Ok- I am not happy with the way this thread has been going lately. There is no need to slam ANYONE- not "fat" people or "gay" people or PEOPLE in general.

Bill- I am still going to WDW. I will be there May 19-24 and Rose won't miss her dance recital 2 weeks later. Works out for both of us (you don't just take away a little girls dance recital!)

Comment

• TDLFAN
        Banned User
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dustysage
        Ummm, actually, they do. If you've been to WDW, you know that almost every day is fat people day (Americans have gotten bigger over the years).
        How come every time I have said the same thing (at other Disneyfan web sites) I get linched and nailed to the cross?!?!?

:bow: to Dustysage.

Comment

• RonNYC
          Wishin' I was at WDW.
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TDLFAN
          How come every time I have said the same thing (at other Disneyfan web sites) I get linched and nailed to the cross?!?!?

:bow: to Dustysage.
          Probably because fat people have no sense of humor about being fat or the truth that a large portion (bad pun intended) of Americans are. And before I get lynched, I used to be REALLLLLLLLY fat. (But not anymore)

Comment

• WDW1974
            • Apr 2005

TDLFAN, I thought you got lynched and nailed to the cross at the other place because you always tell it like it when it comes to TDR's superior guest experience to that offered at WDW? But it could also have to do with the fact that many folks that go to Disney and frequent Disney websites (where the owner 'might' need to lose half his body weight to start on the road to recovery) are overweight and it can be a touchy subject.

I need to drop 25 pounds myself and was told the same by a sibling today in not so nice terms, and it did bother me. Even though he was 100% correct. So I understand folks being touchy about it.

Comment

• massimo
              Main Street Maniac
              • Jan 2005

nothing bad

Hi!
              I'm Italian and worked in Epcot in the Italian Pavilion in 1997.

As cast member I didn't witnessed any bad behaviour, unless you put in this category two men or women walking hand in hand or mouth kissing (just to be precise, NO french kiss, just mouth to mouth kiss).

Since straights can hug and kiss in public I guess that shouldn't be a problem for gay couples too. But I understand somebody can find this kinds of behaviour offensive.

Hope that helped!
              Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
              2007: World of Disney New York City
              2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
              1992: Euro Disney Resort
              2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
              1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
              1997: Walt Disney World
              1993: Disneyland

Comment

• Labuda
                Uber Disney freak! �O�
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by WDW1974
                I need to drop 25 pounds myself and was told the same by a sibling today in not so nice terms, and it did bother me. Even though he was 100% correct. So I understand folks being touchy about it.

I dream of the day when I only need to drop 25 lbs. Which is exactly why I'll be leaving property at least twice during my upcoming trip to get to the nearest Curves location so I can work out.
                -Ann

WDW:
                July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
                Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a :monkey:?

Comment

• BigDaddyKyle
                  Miranda Lambert and Me!
                  • Jan 2005

^Here, Here! Except I am a man and will not get to visit the Curves location. I will get my Workout from all of the walking!
                  Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
                  Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

• WDW1974
                    • Apr 2005

Labuda, there are some great ways (honestly) to work out at WDW. Some of my faves are taking a few laps around the World Showcase Lagoon after Illuminations, walking/and/or renting bikes from the WL to/from FW is sheer bliss and MAGICAL too, walking from Epcot to MGM is quite a good little workout too ... and I used to love going to the Disney Institute spa and working out before it closed. It's now open again as Saratoga Springs, but I haven't been back.

But you really can get some great exercise in at WDW!

Comment

• columnwest
                      Disney Parks Fan
                      • Apr 2005

I'm coming all the way from the other side of the continent (Seattle), and I know someone who's coming all the way from the other side of the planet (Australia) for gay days! It's my first time ever, and his second. And we're both Disney parks nuts as well. So, I think a meetup is a great idea!

Hey, maybe I can even find someone to go have brunch with in Celebration (so I can take pics afterward of all the architecture)! So far as I can tell, I'm the only Disney parks geek (gay or straight) in the whole city of Seattle, so meeting some like minded folks would be loads of fun!

Dusty? InnerSpaceman? You're the moderators, right? How do we go about setting this up?

Comment

• Momzilla59
                        LoisAlene
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by columnwest
                        So far as I can tell, I'm the only Disney parks geek (gay or straight) in the whole city of Seattle.
                        No, no you're not. There's Lot's of us up here. My family's going to be checking in at PP on October 2, and I am looking forwards to the people watching.

[rant] As far as the "fat" quotient in this thread...my goodness - y'all condemn homophobia but endorse fatophobia. Speaking as a FAT woman - it can happen to anybody, it can happen to You - and it ISN'T catching or contagious. I'm fat but fit. I can out walk and out work most of my skinnier colleagues. As I like to say "I come from a long line of famine survivors". [/rant]

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

• columnwest
                          Disney Parks Fan
                          • Apr 2005

Glad to know I'm not the only one in Seattle! However, I don't to lose the idea of a Gay Day / Micechat meetup. So I'm gonna start a new thread just for that.

Comment

• pussnboots
                            is satisfactual.
                            • Jan 2005

Well, there's a difference between saying "Americans have got bigger over the years" and insulting them or being afraid of them. I mean, It's hard to deny the first part. But stating that doesn't make you a fatophobic, I think. And I doubt anyone here has anything against fat people. I certainly don't.

Comment

• LSPoorEeyorick
                              Love!
                              • Feb 2005

Regarding a few things:

1) I know some very funny fat people. Some of the funniest people I know are fat people. Many of them make fun of themselves. I am fat. And I am funny. And I am writing a book that is, in turn, funny, entitled "Yoga For Fat Girls." This issue is not about not having a sense of humor, yo. It's about desiring basic respect.

You can acknowledge my weight. You can tease me about it, if you want to be hurtful, the way that I'd tease you about something that's 'abnormal' about you if I wanted to be hurtful. But generally, I don't want to be hurtful. I want to laugh. Better to laugh with than to laugh at: I am quick to acknowledge my frog-faced torso and make the people around me laugh about it. But it doesn't mean I'm laughing at the "triple-wide" remark. I don't generally laugh at other people's infirmities, unless they're the first ones making the joke.

By the way: there IS a big difference between acknowledging a rise in obesity (a la Dusty, who loves me exactly as I am) and being snide about it.

2) I didn't have anything against Gay Day initially, and have always meant to go in my red shirt to support my friends. I didn't, until recently, really realize why a Gay Day would so need to exist. My SigO and I met up with our best gay friends at the park last month. He and I held hands all day. Our friends rarely touched each other. By afternoon we started to feel sad for our friends, whose relationship is as loving and affectionate as ours is, but who felt that the simple act of holding hands would draw unpleasant attention and ruin an otherwise fun day in the park. They admitted that they would be more apt to hold hands on Gay Day, because there would be other couples around and they would feel more free to be who they are surrounded by supportive red shirts. So the four of us will go to the DL day this year, all red-shirted, both couples holding hands.

As well, there are all kinds of privately-organized days that feature meet-ups and shirt-wearing. On that very day, the Hearing-Impaired organizations hosted some meets and activities, and there were all kinds of deaf children and adults enjoying their day in the park together. I say all's well with meet-ups organized off-site.

Comment

• Witches of Morva
                                Minion
                                • Jan 2005

ORDDU: My sisters and I have long hoped for a Witches Day at a Disney Theme Park.

ORWEN: I suppose that would REALLY scare people away.

ORGOCH: Not the witch part. But yer glutton 'n gobblin' ways--along with all her smuttin' 'n sluttin' ways--would sure do it. Just ONCE I'd like ta go ta a theme park with sisters who didn't embarrass the frog legs outta me!!!

Comment

• innerSpaceman
                                  Social Imagineer
                                  • Jan 2005

I'm the only Disney parks geek (gay or straight) in the whole city of Seattle, so meeting some like minded folks would be loads of fun!
                                  Dusty? InnerSpaceman? You're the moderators, right? How do we go about setting this up?
                                  Well, I really don't know what the point of Dusty having a timeshare is if he can't wangle time during Gay Days. And really, what can possibly be the point of it if, after all the public and private hinting I've done, I can't wangle myself an invitation either way?

So, to put it more bluntly, columnwest -- I think Dusty and I are not gonna be in the meet making or match making business for this event; he's not gonna be there during Gay Days, and (sniffle, sniff) I'm not gonna be there at all.

Comment

• RonNYC
                                    Wishin' I was at WDW.
                                    • Feb 2005

Glad to know I'm not the only one in Seattle! However, I don't to lose the idea of a Gay Day / Micechat meetup. So I'm gonna start a new thread just for that.
                                    Please do. I'll keep my eyes open for it. I'll be there for my second annual Gay Day this year with a group of friends from around the country. It's a good idea to have a MiceChat meet and greet during Gay Day. It'll be cool to meet even more new people and put faces to names from the board!

Comment

• TDLFAN
                                      Banned User
                                      • Feb 2005

I am SO THERE!!!

Comment

• RonNYC
                                        Wishin' I was at WDW.
                                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                                        I am SO THERE!!!
                                        Cool! You post really interesting messages and your photo albums are great.

Comment

• WDW1974
                                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ron10036
                                          Cool! You post really interesting messages and your photo albums are great.
                                          He also comes bearing TDL gifts and makes a VERY good first impression ... you'll also not find many who know as much about WDW as he does!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X