X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Walt Disney World Studios Gemini

Originally posted by Swimpro737 View Post
    3. Phineas and Ferb? I was happy that most of these plans did not include Disney Channel shows. I am not of a fan of Disney Channel. I am,however, a fan of old Disney Channel shows, ( Kim Possible, House of Mouse, Sutie life, hotel version, etc) I think putting a Phineas and Ferb attraction would ruin Disney.
    Well I would love for Disney to put in a Phineas and Ferb attraction. I love that show and it and Fish Hooks are the only good shows Disney Channel still has. Anything made by Have A Laugh Productions is complete crap to me. That's why I hate Hannah Montana, Jonas, that Charlie show, Cory in the House, That's so Raven, Suite Life, Suite Life on Deck, Hannah Montana Forever, Jonas L.A., Zeke and Luther, I'm in the Band, Sonny with a Chance, etc. Those shows aren't funny at all and they only attract tween girls when Walt wanted his shows to entertain all ages. If only Disney would fire that idiot Ann Sweeny from running ABC and the Disney Channel all of those shows would go away and leave me happy. Anything to stop advertising the female Justin Bieber and smoker Miley Cyrus.

Comment

Well you have your opinion and I have mine. I don't watch Disney channel anymore except when they show GOOD Disney movies. Not when they show Disney Channel movies.

E.P.C.O.T- The Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow

Comment

Well you have your opinion and I have mine. I don't watch Disney channel anymore except when they show GOOD Disney movies. Not when they show Disney Channel movies.
        Yeah. Those Disney Channel Original Movies are horrible (especially High School Musical-a rip off of Grease). I like it when they show things like the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Dumbo. Anything else I just skip.

Comment

I have been looking at these all days.
          Thoughs:

3. Phineas and Ferb? I was happy that most of these plans did not include Disney Channel shows. I am not of a fan of Disney Channel. I am,however, a fan of old Disney Channel shows, ( Kim Possible, House of Mouse, Sutie life, hotel version, etc) I think putting a Phineas and Ferb attraction would ruin Disney.
          ROFL those are new as far as I am concerned. To me old Disney Channel is "Welcome to Pooh Corner" "Dumbo's Circus" "Mousercize" ... sigh
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
            ROFL those are new as far as I am concerned. To me old Disney Channel is "Welcome to Pooh Corner" "Dumbo's Circus" "Mousercize" ... sigh
            Between the ice age and the stone age when Disney was at it's best...

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
              Amen brother! Disney Channel circa 1983/84 when it was at its all time BEST! Plus, you got a monthly magazine with interviews and schedule. I loved waking up to "Welcome To Pooh Corner", "Dumbo's Circus", "Mousercize", "You And Me, Kid", etc. and then coming home to the news format show @ Epcot w/Erin Moran and sometimes late at night watching "Vault Disney". What happened to these classics? **SIGH**

Comment

Originally posted by ryran75 View Post
                Amen brother! Disney Channel circa 1983/84 when it was at its all time BEST! Plus, you got a monthly magazine with interviews and schedule. I loved waking up to "Welcome To Pooh Corner", "Dumbo's Circus", "Mousercize", "You And Me, Kid", etc. and then coming home to the news format show @ Epcot w/Erin Moran and sometimes late at night watching "Vault Disney". What happened to these classics? **SIGH**
                They went when Ann Sweeny came to be replaced by what's on Disney Channel and ABC today.

Comment

I would most emphatically LOVE to see a new "Muppet Vision 4-D" film, along with a stage show. Maybe when the new Muppet Movie is released in November 2011? The current Muppet Vision is in desperate need of a rehab!! And who doesn't want to jam along to Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem ala the old outdoor stage show? My only suggestion would be to make the walkaround costumes 20 times more realistic and similar to the actual "puppet". You can YouTube the originals and the dimensions are plain creepy.

Also love the idea of a "Princess & The Frog" stage show, but waiting for that to possibly go in behind HM at MK per a reliable rumor I heard via Disney Store CMs. A great backwater bayou, Mama Odie stage and environment would kick a$$!

Sunset Boulevard was always sadly lacking to me. I always anticipated more ride through attractions here, possibly even themed to film noir of the late 40's/early 50's- especially the actual film classic, "Sunset Boulevard" starring William Holden and Gloria Swanson. There is a lot of room for ride development in this specific area.

Comment

I count 32, and I love this Gemini. It's everything that the Studios NEEDS, plus everything I like about the park.

Comment

Fantasmic!

Here is an overview for Fantasmic!.

Mike Brassell: Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. Disney and Coca-Cola would like to inform you that the thrilling spectacle of Fantasmic! is now fifteen minutes away. So that you may more fully enjoy Fantasmic!, the lights inside The Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre will be dimmed. For your own safety, and that of others, we request that you remain in the same area until the lights return to normal. Also of the comfort and safety of those around you, we ask that you refrain from smoking before and during the performance, as well as taking any flash photography. Now, get ready for the sensation you'll never forget: Fantasmic! Starting in just ten minutes. Coca-Cola: Open happiness.

Mike Brassell: Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. The Disney and Coca-Cola families would like to inform you that the thrilling spectacle of Fantasmic! is now just ten minutes away. So that you may more fully enjoy Fantasmic!, the lights inside The Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre will be dimmed. For your own safety, and that of others, we request that you remain in the same area until the lights return to normal. Also of the comfort and safety of those around you, we ask that you refrain from smoking before and during the performance, as well as taking any flash photography. Now, get ready for the sensation you'll never forget: Fantasmic! Starting in just ten minutes. Coca-Cola: Open happiness.

Mike Brassell: Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. Disney and Coca-Cola would like to inform you that the thrilling spectacle of Fantasmic! is only five minutes away. So that you may more fully enjoy Fantasmic!, the lights inside The Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre will be dimmed. For your own safety, and that of others, we request that you remain in the same area until the lights return to normal. Also of the comfort and safety of those around you, we ask that you refrain from smoking before and during the performance, as well as taking any flash photography. Now, get ready for the sensation you'll never forget: Fantasmic! Starting in just ten minutes. Coca-Cola: Open happiness.

Morgan Freeman: Welcome to Fantasmic!. Tonight, our friend and host Mickey Mouse uses his vivid imagination to create magical imagery for all to enjoy. Nothing is more wonderful than the imagination for in a moment you can experience a beautiful fantasy or an exciting adventure! But beware, nothing is more powerful than the imagination for it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare. Are the powers of Mickey's incredible imagination strong enough, and bright enough, to withstand the evil forces that invade Mickey's dreams? You are about to find out for we now invite you to join Mickey, and experience Fantasmic!: a journey beyond your wildest imagination.

A very faint musical note is heard, swelling and growing into a dramatic chord in the complete darkness. Once the chord strikes, two tall columns rise on stage left and right, with roving spotlights, until finally Mickey appears center-stage. He conducts various water fountain effects, until bringing up the giant water-mist "screens", which, in conjunction with a few flares, fade into the famous "Sorcerer's Apprentice" scene from Fantasia.

From there, the falling stars of the Sorcerer's Apprentice scene morph into flowers, and after a brief interlude, Figment appears inside Mickey's imagination. He throws a dash of sparks onto the water screen making animals such as elephants, monkeys, alligators, chickens, dogs, cats appear on the water screens. Figment then makes clips of The Lion King and The Jungle Book appear as the transition into a large bubble montage of Disney movies and TV shows, where scenes and characters from major classic animated, live action, Pixar movies, and Disney Channel shows appear in floating bubbles. Scenes from Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, The Emperor's New Groove, The Little Mermaid, Who Frammed Roger Rabbit?, Who Blacklisted Roger Rabbit?, The Princess & the Frog, Playhouse Disney shows, The Black Cauldron, The Muppet Movie, Beauty & the Beast, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Bolt, Cars, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Up, Toy Story, and Phineas & Ferb pop and float across the screen.

Jiminy Circket appears inside a bubble when he pops it trying to get his hat back. An animated Monstro then appears onscreen, accompanied by a heavy musical score as he crashes through the waters. This leads to Mickey being stuck in a whirlpool that make him land in darkness. After a few seconds, we see a cannon go off, which marks the beginning of a recreation of the war scene in Mulan. This scene leads to Mulan and Li Shang standing one top of the mountain sharing a little dance.

Twelve small floats now arrive, with Cinderella and Prince Charming, Belle and the Beast, Ariel and Prince Eric, Tiana and Prince Naveen, Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, Hercules and Megara, and Snow White and her Prince each contained in their own float. As each float reaches the center, the spotlight shines on it, with the accompanying signature melody from each movie like So This is Love, Part of Your World, A Whole New World, and Go the Distance.

The Queen appears to the Magic Mirror, who tells her that Mickey's imagination is very strong and cannot be penertrated. The Queen then turns into the witch, and then uses magic to put her plans in place. The villains here are Ursula, Jafar, Hades, Zurg, Oogie Boogie, Mother Gothel, Scar, Judge Doom, The Horned King, The Smile-Away Reformatory School sergeant, Yzma, Cruella De Vil, Hades, and Maleficent.

Mickey then arrives in Agrabah at the destroyed palace, where Jafar awaits. Jafar turns into his snake form and tries to capture Mickey, before turning into his genie form to take drastic measures. Jafar then alters reality, causing Mickey to fall through into another dimension. In Space, Mickey finds himself in a mysterious scientific laboratory that belongs to Yzma, who puts Mickey on the Roller Coaster of Doom. Hades appears to Mickey at the end of the coaster before unleashing Cerberus on him, before Cerberus is defeated Mickey, but the Hydra and Hades get on the drop on him, and throw him out of the Coliseum. Then, Oogie Boogie scares Mickey, and then has him play a sinister game of cards, while he sings a version of the Oogie Boogie song. Oogie, however, wins the game and traps Mickey in a playing card, which takes him to the shadow's realm. Mickey then is swarmed by gray blobs and lifeless children before The Smile-Away Reformatory School sergeant taunts Mickey, who runs away while Scar appears on a nearby rock and taunts Mickey, before all of the villains disappear and Mickey is surrounded by green flames and Chernabog with the latter summoning the spirits from the dead.

Then, Mickey encounters Maleficent and uses the powers of his imagination to turn into the dragon. Mickey is surrounded by flames and is unable to escape at all. All of the villains laugh sinisterly, as their worlds begin to be destroyed. Mickey then tells Maleficent "This is my dream!" The villains are destroyed in this order: Scar, Chernabog, Hades, Judge Doom, The Smile-Away Reformatory School sergeant, Mother Gothel, Jafar, Zurg, Ursula, The Horned King, Yzma, Hades, Cruella De Vil, The Queen and Maleficent. All is quiet, until we see Figment fly to restore the mountain. Magical stars sparkle in the mountain as the worlds were to be fine again. Mickey then appears as his 1920s self on the Mark Twain Riverboat sailing on the waterfront with the Disney characters onboard. Just then, Mickey appears as the Sorcerer's Apprentice on the rocks and shoots fireworks everywhere. He then says "Some Imagination, Huh? Haha!", before the show ends. and disappears in a flash. A final burst of pyrotechnics is accompanied by searchlights placed around the amphitheatre.

Director: And cut. What a take, Mickey! It was perfect! Let's have our guests know that we want them to have a good-night.

Mickey Mouse: Good night, everybody. Ha-ha!

Mike Brassell: Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. The Disney and Coca-Cola families hope that you have enjoyed the thrilling spectacle of Fantasmic!. We're kind to ask that you make sure your party is together, take small children by the hand, and take all your personal belongings. For your own safety, and that of others, we request that you slowly walk to the exit of the ampitheatre. Also of the comfort and safety of those around you, we ask that you refrain from playing with any birghtly lit items you may have purchased. Disney and Coca-Cola now wish you a good night! Coca-Cola: Open happiness.
                      Last edited by kermitdefrog; 04-18-2011, 10:36 AM.
                      A year that holds the challenge of truly bringing Earth into the 21st Century.

Comment

Re: Fantasmic!

I like this because its gives DHS what it is sorely missing: rides

My only issues are:
                        Hollywood Studios should be the park's name
                        Avatar, Millionaire, and Princess and the Frog don't belong in Pixar Place and aren't that appealing of ideas IMO.

Other than that, I like this gemini. I just don't think EVERYTHING has to be changed.

Comment

Working...
                        X