X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Phase 2 of fantasyland

A few new tidbits of unreleased info for you --

Seven Dwarves coaster is 100% confirmed. It will be placed right in the center of the land, roughly where Dumbo currently stands, extending out into the center of the midway. It will NOT be completely indoors, though at some point in the ride you do enter the mine. It was described to me as "roughly 2/3 outdoors, 1/3 indoors."

Dumbo is definitely still moving to his new Dumbo's Circus mini-land. The existing Dumbo *will* be one of the two ride systems. Aladdin's Carpets will *not* take the place of the other as originally planned. Zamperla is currently building the second ride.

The Barnstormer looks to be keeping its name, though it will somehow be tied into a Goofy as a circus performer theme.

Pixie Hollow, as well the Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella meet and greets are scrapped completely.

Snow White's Scary Adventures, the exising dark ride, will close forever sometime around February 2011. The space will be repurposed as a meet and greet location to make up for the lost spaces cut in favor of the new coaster.

Fantasyland will still be completed in two phases, with Dumbo's Circusland likely to be the first section finished (even though it's about the only section not even started as of yet.)

I have to admit, I'm devastated to learn that Snow White's Scary Adventures really will be gone forever. I think it's one of the most enjoyable classic dark rides you'll find anywhere. This is truly a loss for The Magic Kingdom.

re: Phase 2 of fantasyland

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Comment

I might be the only on who is really excited to see what they do with the Mine Car ride, I think it could be a HUGE improvement over the current ride and the Q could be really well themed (I'm thinking using the Wishing Well area for where you enter then do to the dungeon)
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I'm still opposed to the notion of Snow White closing to be a meet and greet. It's not like there can't be two Snow White attractions.

Snow White still draws a decent crowd at the Magic Kingdom, and that park needs more capacity. There's no excuse for shuttering any attraction at the MK. Surely they can find space for character meet and greets somewhere else?
        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

^I do agree with that maybe want to be cheap and "reuse" stuff from the now White ride and put it in the Mines...Disney can br cheap sometimes.
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Nothing described above will be competition for Harry Potter at IOA.

I have never been a fan of the MK's version of the Snow White ride, but I would have liked to see it revamped and freshened up instead of being gone altogether. The dwarfs coaster... hmmm.. seems like a crappy idea to me.

Needless to say... I am not all that hopeful this project will improve fantasyland.. except in cosmetic changes.

Comment

nuh uh! they're getting rid of Snow White!? that's crazy! and for a meet and greet too. Very disappointed/
              Imagination is more important than knowledge.--Albert Einstein

Comment

Sad that the Snow White dark ride is going away, the meet and greets could as much have been placed elsewhere.

I wonder if the Dwarfs coaster is going to be MK`s long-awaited answer to Matterhorn?

Comment

I called it! I knew the Snow White Roller coaster was coming.

Comment

Sorry, I'm gonna have to be this guy... Sources? This just doesn't seem like much of anything.
                    ON a side note: guess I need to stop hoping for a bald mountain/villains land.
                    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

To be honest, the additions all sound great. Let's not forget that.

However, the loss of a classic dark ride, especially one based on the very first Disney film, featuring the definitive princess, is a great, great shame. And quite tragic.
                      BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                      October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                      October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                      July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                      July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                      February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                      February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                      TRIP REPORTS

Comment

I'll second the request for sources.

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                        Nothing described above will be competition for Harry Potter at IOA.

I have never been a fan of the MK's version of the Snow White ride, but I would have liked to see it revamped and freshened up instead of being gone altogether. The dwarfs coaster... hmmm.. seems like a crappy idea to me.

Needless to say... I am not all that hopeful this project will improve fantasyland.. except in cosmetic changes.

Agreed. Doesn't MK already have a "runaway mine" ride? Does it need another? I love the current snow white ride and ride it several times every visit. I am not a purist and don't believe everything Walt touched was golden and stands the test of time, but, if you are tearing out an original attraction you better make sure that the replacement is an improvemnt. A meet and greet? No. A mine ride? Probably not.

Do you think with WDW ripping out "classics" that DL is being relegated to the nostalgia ghetto? (ghetto in the classic sense).

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
                          To be honest, the additions all sound great. Let's not forget that.
                          Some of the additions sound great. Some sound like cost cutting measures and total lack of imagination. And all depend on execution. Let's not forget that.
                          Last edited by flotsam_mike; 10-18-2010, 05:51 AM.

Comment

I can't imagine a roller coaster type ride going in where Dumbo sits right now, as described above. There is no room for it. I would also have to ask, What are your sources? Re-theming the Barnstormer to a 7 Dwarfs theme makes more sense then building another small coaster with a mine theme in the middle of everything,. A nime theme needs a mine setting, smack dab in the middle of Fantasyland isn't the place with a castle to the south and Pinocchio's Village Haus to the south with the soon to be Be Our Guest Restaurant and Little Mermaid ride next to that.

If any dark ride needs to be torn out it should be Winnie the Pooh, not Snow White.

Comment

Originally posted by flotsam_mike View Post
                              Some of the additions sound great. Some sound like cost cutting measures and total lack of imagination. And all depend on execution. Let's not forget that.
                              I agree. I think that WDI can do better, but it seems like TDO is too cheap.
                              Originally posted by ti2gr View Post

If any dark ride needs to be torn out it should be Winnie the Pooh, not Snow White.
                              Ha!
                              He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                              follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                              DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

I've said it before, but I don't get it. Weren't the problems with the previous version:

1) Too many princesses, not enough boy-appeal
                                2) Not enough rides

This doesn't solve either of these problems:

1) The new addition is still princess themed
                                2) One ride is added, but another attraction now gets closed. No net gain compared to the previous plans. In fact, if Pixie Hollow was going to include a ride (and the plans kind of looked like it was going to). This now means one less attraction!

Comment

Don't act like this is a surprise people. Myself and others were saying this a few months ago.

For those who are not fans of the mine "coaster." Please know that I think it is an amazing successor to the Snow White Scar Adventure, which was old, and pathetic. This is not a run-a-way mine train either. Think of gliding and mild dips with show scenes. When it was originally in the plan about 3ish years ago, it was supposed to replace the kinetic energy that was lost when they closed 20k leagues. So I welcome this with open arms. I was heart broken when this was originally cut from the plans, as this was the concept that I felt made the biggest change to Fantasyland.

That being said, like TDLFAN said this is no competition to Wizarding World which Universal is actively developing Phase 2 for.
                                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                                    Please know that I think it is an amazing successor to the Snow White Scar Adventure, which was old, and pathetic.
                                    Well.. the MK's version of the Snow White is pathetic and features the worst, most poorly designed loading/unloading area of ALL C-tickets in ANY DL park, which causes horrible backups, allowing guests more time to see the bad quality of it. Still.. we are talking SNOW WHITE here.. the princess that built the Disney empire to what it is today. The character and story deserves much a much better re-do of the ride as opposed to a coaster, which I have a hard time even envisioning as explained.
                                    On the other hand.. see how deligthful the Snow Ride is.. at DL, TDL and DLP... and continues to be popular.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                      Well.. the MK's version of the Snow White is pathetic and features the worst, most poorly designed loading/unloading area of ALL C-tickets in ANY DL park, which causes horrible backups, allowing guests more time to see the bad quality of it. Still.. we are talking SNOW WHITE here.. the princess that built the Disney empire to what it is today. The character and story deserves much a much better re-do of the ride as opposed to a coaster, which I have a hard time even envisioning as explained.
                                      On the other hand.. see how deligthful the Snow Ride is.. at DL, TDL and DLP... and continues to be popular.
                                      TDLFAN if you are going to any of the micechat events I will draw a diagram for you. I think this will end up receiving your 2 thumbs up.
                                      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

They could do a really good job of a SW coaster if was 90 percent inside...but it sounds like a cheap off the shelf coaster that will go into one show scene. And while the WDW version of SW is pathetic compared to the DL version, it is sad to lose a dark ride!!!

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                                        We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                                        Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Working...
                                        X