Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

DISNEY RESPONDS TO CRITICISM FROM ABIGAL DISNEY

Disney has responded to Abigail's recent comments and they can be discussed in this thread - https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...neyland-resort
2 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

See more
See less

Phase 2 of fantasyland

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Phase 2 of fantasyland

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Two new rides instead of one, but losing one in the process for a net gain of still only one ride. Also both these rides are based on princesses, so the new rumored plan still fails to be any less princess centric.
    The former bothers me more than the latter.

Here's the thing, I prefer if Disney already had a plan as to what's going into SWSA's spot before they even build the Dwarves mine coaster. I dont like the idea that that area will be a "temporary" meet and greet until they have an idea for a dark ride that will go into that building. There are plenty of empty spaces throughout the parks to have Princess Meet and Greets but having them in a massive place where a ride can be built = giant waste of space for much needed rides.

Comment

I'm happy about the alleged changes. When I was little, there were no meet-n-greets, you ran into the characters by chance, which made the experience ever so more magical and if you missed them, you missed them - just like the news. Today's youth is spoilt to no end. I say save some space for real attractions and make people walk and look for their favorite characters if they have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Lamp View Post
        I'm happy about the alleged changes. When I was little, there were no meet-n-greets, you ran into the characters by chance, which made the experience ever so more magical and if you missed them, you missed them - just like the news. Today's youth is spoilt to no end. I say save some space for real attractions and make people walk and look for their favorite characters if they have to.

I completely agree. I recently just watched a home movie from my first Disney trip back in '94 and it was so fun to see my cousin and I's face light up when we happened upon characters. My trip last year seemed weird to have a designated spot for each character or group of characters and specific times they would be there. Some may argue that is helps make sure kids get to see their favorite characters but I couldn't agree more that it does take a little of the magic out of it. And characters also didn't have elaborate set ups just to get an autograph. They were just milling about the parks which I loved. All of these spaces could house a great ride and it does seem just like a waste of space.
        "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
          Two new rides instead of one, but losing one in the process for a net gain of still only one ride. Also both these rides are based on princesses, so the new rumored plan still fails to be any less princess centric.
          The difference is that Princess meet and greets have limited appeal for anyone besides young girls, while rides have much broader appeal. And a new ride will likely be a step up compared to a very old and dated (although still enjoyable) FL dark ride.
          Last edited by disneyfann121; 12-14-2010, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
            The difference is that Princess meet and greets have limited appeal for anyone besides young girls, while rides have much broader appeal. And a new ride will likely be a step up compared to a very old and dated (although still enjoyable) FL ride.
            The part that makes me nervous is there are rumors this is only temporary while the meet and greet (new location) is completed. After completion, this will become a new dark ride. While Disney World has been reluctant to keep things temporary, I hope in this case it remains so.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Working...
            X