This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedition Everest Opening Crew Selected

The Expedition Everest Opening Crew was selected today. Congrats to the CMs who got the positions!

They start training in Early Jan.

Soft openings with the opening crew should be in Jan.

Though I know some people who insist that WDI wants to get some people on this thing before it's turned over to the opening crew...

So, soft openings are less than two months away.

Re: Expedition Everest Opening Crew Selected

God it's mid-Nov..."Spring 06" is not too far...
    Oh I can't wait for AP weekend...

Comment

Pretty soon CM previews will be coming around. Can't wait.

Sean

Comment

So this is probably going to be Disney Worlds type of Matterhorn. It will be interesting to see.

Comment

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Comment

Actually it is going to be better than the Matterhorn. Although I love the Matterhorn. It is the first ride I go on at DLR. It is just a classic. Even with the cheesy Yeti in the turn.

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
              So this is probably going to be Disney Worlds type of Matterhorn. It will be interesting to see.
              Well yeah...except that this is 50ft larger, goes 40mph faster, goes backwards & fowards, has a 10" higher hieght requirement and has a 100+ft drop.
              “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by askmike1
                Well yeah...except that this is 50ft larger, goes 40mph faster, goes backwards & fowards, has a 10" higher hieght requirement and has a 100+ft drop.
                The only real similarities are that it's a roller coaster on an icy mountain and there is something furry inside...roughly like comparing Haunted Mansion at Disneyland to Phantom Manor (perhaps even less similar than those two).
                -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
                  roughly like comparing Haunted Mansion at Disneyland to Phantom Manor (perhaps even less similar than those two).
                  Exactly.

Everest feature's a Yeti (someone points out that so does the Matterhorn)...yeah, but does the Matterhorn's have the same force as a 747 airplane? If it touches the mountain's structure, will it cause the mountain to essentially crumble into many pieces?
                  “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

psh! Such technicalities! LONG LIVE THE MATTERHORN! Even if this is the WDW "style" of it.

Oh! And I know someone that made the opening crew, so I'm excited! [for him of course!]
                    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 11-19-2005, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Expedition Everest = The Matterhorn 3000-Supreme-O-Deluxe-47th-Anniversary-Edition!

(The actual working title for EE at WDI)

Comment

Well I thought I would have to wait two more years to ride EE but it looks like I will be riding it this October now instead - bRiNg It On!
                        BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                        October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                        October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                        July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                        July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                        February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                        February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                        TRIP REPORTS

Comment

I'm glad, because as much as I like the Matterhorn, it just isn't as smooth as it used to be. I don't enjoy it much. Actually, apply that to any Disney coaster at either of the domestic parks, save for RnRC at MGM and maybe Space Mountain at Disneyland (since it was re-tracked and everything). The other ones are just too rough. BTMR and SM at Magic Kingdom are some of the roughest roller coasters I've been on. They got so much worse between 2002 and 2004 for some reason.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I think California Screamin' was still pretty smooth in 2003...
                          Last edited by Twist_of_Fate; 11-29-2005, 03:56 PM.

Comment

ORWEN: Us Cauldron girls are with you, BigPigletFan, duckling! We don't care about all those technical differences inside the two mountains. They're still BOTH rollercoasters inside mountains. That makes them close enough to be related as far as we're concerned.

Comment

Exactly.

Everest feature's a Yeti (someone points out that so does the Matterhorn)...yeah, but does the Matterhorn's have the same force as a 747 airplane?
                              I dunno...DL's Yeti is pretty strong. It's got those eyes, that roar...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X