X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To resurrect from Yesterland?

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
    ^^^^Because there's too much from Yesterland that I really miss, and it's not being replaced with new things of just as high a quality.
    I agree. Tiki Room-ruined, Alien Encounter-ruined, TimeKeeper-ruined, Horizons-ruined, World of Motion-ruined. Let's see about the new Fantasyland, and then we will see what it classifies as.

Comment

Tomorrowland Water Falls (minus the side wing falls)

Here what it could look like today...

Last edited by Timon; 12-20-2010, 02:48 PM. Reason: Oops wrong picture

Comment

Check out the project I'm working on: Horizons: Resurrected | Rebuilding EPCOT Center's Lost Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
          Tomorrowland Water Falls (minus the side wing falls)
          Here what it could look like today...
          Good idea. If onlt Disney would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbwallace View Post
            That's an amazing project you're working on! I'm especially fascinated by the early interior work. Bravo!

Comment

Skyway
              Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Comment

Horizons
                The Skyway
                Timekeeper
                World of Motion

Comment

Kitchen Kabaret
                  El Rio De Tiempo
                  20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
                  Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
                  Mickey Mouse Revue
                  Jose Carioca & Panchito walkarounds in Adventureland at MK
                  Diamond Horseshoe Revue

Comment

1. Wonders of Life Pavilion with Cranium Command (don't bring back Body Wars--too many similators IMHO)
                    2. Timekeeper
                    3. ALIEN ENCOUNTER! I thought this ride was fine and a little controversy is great advertising.

Peace,
                    Roo
                    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Originally posted by RooBear View Post
                      3. ALIEN ENCOUNTER! I thought this ride was fine and a little controversy is great advertising.
                      Don't really know how Alien Encounter was controversial. Eisner took his son on a trip to Disneyland trying to get his opinion. His 14 yr. old son said "this place is lame". Eisner got scared thinking all teens felt the same. A poll was taken for every teen who exited Disneyland and Disney World what they thought. Most of them thought the same as Eisner's son. So he had imagineers come up with 2 plans, Tony Baxter's Tomorrowland 2055 for Disneyland and Tomorrowland 1994 for Disney World. Unfortunatley, us in the west didn't get 2055 and got the lame 1998 plans. But you guys in the east had Tomorrowland 2055 built and the attraction made to lure more teens and adults into the park was the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. Signs at the entrance warned it was not meant for children under the age of 12. However, parents ignored these signs and even took 4 yr. olds on the attraction. Parents complained to Disney so much they closed it on October 11, 2003 and was replaced with Stitch's Great Escape in 2004. The attraction closed because Disney didn't want to scare the kids who weren't even supposed to be on it. I find that unfair which is why I want it back too. The only thing that could be considered controversy is that the man who played Chairmen Clench had some innopropriate pictures of children.

Comment

I agree with Eisner's son in many aspects. Being the uncle of two 14yr old nieces, they do not want to join me at MK because they are seeking more 'scare' and 'thrill' type rides that will both shock and challenge them.

That is why I would anticipate at least some minor revisions in Fantasyland that are geared towards those brought up on the "Kingdom Hearts" and "Epic Mickey" videogames- classic Disney animation with a dark, goth edge. It could work appropriately if enough thought & care was put into it. There IS a way to maintain a delicate balance that will appeal to both school age children who scare easily and those a bit older who are up for the dare. I say, "Bring it on!!".

I LOVED Alien Encounter because it scared the hell out of me and was a well thought out attraction. Stitch? Not so much...and a little grating on one's nerves.

And yes..a little controversy is always great advertising! I couldn't agree more! So c'mon Imagineers...show us your saucy side and get a little controversial!!

Comment

Working...
                        X