Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

differences in rides that both disney world and disneyland has...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] differences in rides that both disney world and disneyland has...

hey all! i am so excited to FINALLY post in the disneyworld area! i have never been to disneyworld, but i am a californian so i have been to disneyland a bunch of times . i would not be surpised if this topic has been brought up before, so just kindly give a link if i somehow missed it. otherwise...my question is...obviously disneyworld and disneyland has some of the same rides. i know some of them are exactly the same or very close to the same, but i was wondering which ones are the most drastically different and how are they different? you can just list the ones that are drastically different or mention them all and what sets them apart. i would like to know so i can put the ones that are identical to disneyland slightly lower on my list. i want to hit all the rides iv never been on after all! thank you!

Re: differences in rides that both disney world and disneyland has...

WDW: Snow White has a happy ending. Winnie the Pooh is different but still crappy. Astro Orbiter is on a platform and looks different. Splash Mountain has a western theme. Tower of Terror has more scenes. Hall of Presidents is basically the Lincoln us in the west have. Radiator Springs Racers is going to be like Test Track. Pirates is shorter. Autopia is under a new name and has a shorter track. Space Mountain is different. Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management is a disgrace and we in the west are lucky to have the original. Innoventions is better.

Comment

Definitely catch our Haunted Mansion. It had a nice refurb a few years back, and has some elements that Disneyland does not. I think WDW Haunted Mansion is better (except for the area between the stetching room and where you board the doom buggy...you'll see).

Splash is a little different, it has logs that seat two people next to each other, four rows, so eight per log. Some of the elements are a little different. Personally, I don't think one is better than the other.

Thunder is basically the same, but Disneyland's effects are all working and WDW's are not.

Pirates is MUCH shorter, no Blue Bayou, missing many scenes. I'd put it lower on the priority list.

Space Mountain is different. Check it out, then join us for a "which is better, Disneyland or WDW space mountain?" debate

Personally, I think Pooh, Peter Pan, It's a Small World, and Buzz are inferior at WDW, but there are those who would argue.

Soarin' (at Epcot), I am pretty sure, is exactly the same.

Regarding Fastasmic!: It's at Hollywood Studios. It has plenty of stadium seating, and you can get food, drink, and alcohol right in the theatre to keep occupied and comfortable while you wait for the show. Very nice. The show itself is widely regarded as Not As Good.

Enjoy!!

Comment

I am curious too as I only been to both WDW and DL once and I can't remember well enough to compare. Is there anything different between TSMM in WDW and DL? What is specifically different about Pirates? and Space? and Splash? Specifics are important!
        Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Space Mountain is completely different make of coaster. You'll find that it is more like the imagineers put the Matterhorn tracks inside of the building. In line seating and dual tracks, set WDW's Space Mountain apart from DL's.

Speaking of in-line seating, you'll find the seating arrangement on WDW's Splash Mountain to be two abreast. There are subtle differences throughout the ride.

At WDW there is a flooded town scene before the second lift of Big Thunder Mountain.

I believe Jungle cruise is missing the temple tunnel. In fact most of the differences you'll find are things are missing from Magic Kingdom. Fantasyland attractions are missing. The diorama's are missing from the train. The castle walk-through, and the list goes on and on.

Snow White's ending is the best improvement to an attraction in the Florida parks. Well, that and the At-At Walker and Ewok village outside of Star Tours.
          "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
            Is there anything different between TSMM in WDW and DL?
            Nope, they are exactly the same.

Comment

my 2 cents, is ride them all and form your own opinion! Make your vacation and memories your own!

Congrats, and have the time of your life!
              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
                Is there anything different between TSMM in WDW and DL?
                Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
                Nope, they are exactly the same.
                I don't believe that's the case... The surrounding area and the queue are extemely different, are they not?

Let's see... Definitely see Hall of Presidents AND American Adventure. I doubt Mr. Lincoln can be compared. Many people believe Splash Mountain is superior in WDW because of the longer and easier to understand indoor scenes. The Jungle Cruise has the indoor sequence but has no piranhas. Winnie the Pooh will soon be opening with the next-generation queue and it has a slightly different storyline, as well as different vehicles. The updated Haunted Mansion is usually thought of as a step-up from Anaheim, but both really have strengths. Don't miss Space Mountain- they're different. Indy Speedway- never done it: it seems boring and bland.

Hard to compare Seas w/ Nemo and the Submarine Voyage. Don't miss Seas because of the other stuff inside and the queue. Innoventions is worth a walk-thru and supposedly Sum of All Thrills is a can't-miss. Tower of Terror is preffered by most in WDW. Dinosaur is worth going on but remember that it is far different from Indy: they are only twins in structure. Usually people prefer Indy- I haven't even seen the Indiana Jones Adventure but I think I'd prefer it.
                -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by lily23 View Post
                  Personally, I think Pooh, Peter Pan, It's a Small World, and Buzz are inferior at WDW, but there are those who would argue.
                  I enjoy Small World and Pooh at WDW better; Small World for the flooded show scenes. The flume I find jarring.
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
                    Usually people prefer Indy- I haven't even seen the Indiana Jones Adventure but I think I'd prefer it.
                    I do! Dinosaur is to scary for me but I still kinda liked it. But on my trips to DLR I can never miss Indy, I love it!
                    Oh, and about Toy Story. I forgot about the queue and entrance. I was only thinking about the actual ride.

Comment

I've never considered Dinosaur and Indy the same ride, any more than Haunted Mansion and Adventure Thru Inner Space were.

Most have already been mentioned, but I'll add the Rivers of America have different scenes in both parks, as well as asthetic differences in the river boats. Also, their Tom Sawyer Island is still Tom Sawyer Island.

A word of warning, though, if you do brave the island. It tends to lightning and thunder in central Florida. I was once stuck on the island for nearly 45 minutes because they wouldn't run the boats in an electrical storm.
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

in short, DL Rules, and WDW drools lol!

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                        We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                        Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

All I have to say is this: Most rides at DL are better (in theme, show and execution) over their clones at WDW. Plus DL has some very unique offerings making DL park a great deal over the MK at WDW.

There is only one way to go here and that is WEST!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                            I enjoy Small World and Pooh at WDW better; Small World for the flooded show scenes. The flume I find jarring.
                            I have to say yoyo.. I disagree. You obviously do not appreciate what you have in your backyard. I love the colorful sets in DL's Pooh Ride, and love the intimate feel of DL's IASW. At WDW, both of those rides are colorless and simply horrible. How can anyone, especially YOU of all people, love the WDW version of those rides over DL's ... is besides me.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
                              I do! Dinosaur is to scary for me but I still kinda liked it. But on my trips to DLR I can never miss Indy, I love it!
                              Oh, and about Toy Story. I forgot about the queue and entrance. I was only thinking about the actual ride.
                              Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                              I have to say yoyo.. I disagree. You obviously do not appreciate what you have in your backyard. I love the colorful sets in DL's Pooh Ride, and love the intimate feel of DL's IASW. At WDW, both of those rides are colorless and simply horrible. How can anyone, especially YOU of all people, love the WDW version of those rides over DL's ... is besides me.

And...there it is! The disagreeing, I mean.

I think the bottom line answer to the original poster's question is: None of the attractions are exactly the same, with the possible exception of Soarin'. I don't know how much time you're spending in WDW, hopefully several days, and you can see everything for yourself. Then come back on here and tell us what you thought!

Comment

WDW still has the People Mover...
                                He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                                follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                                DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by belleariel412 View Post
                                  i was wondering which ones are the most drastically different and how are they different? you can just list the ones that are drastically different or mention them all and what sets them apart. i would like to know so i can put the ones that are identical to disneyland slightly lower on my list. i want to hit all the rides iv never been on after all! thank you!
                                  Congratulations on going to see WDW. Even for a long time Disneylander, you will love WDW.

Originally posted by lily23 View Post

Space Mountain is different. Check it out, then join us for a "which is better, Disneyland or WDW space mountain?" debate
                                  There is no debate on which Space Mountain is better. Many, like myself refuse to ride WDW's Space Mountain again until it gets rebuilt like Disneyland's. I suggest still riding Space Mountain to see for yourself, just like I would say see Stitch once at the Magic Kingdom, just to appreciate the better attractions even more. I think if you have the time, see everything at least once. I have several one-time was enough WDW attractions, but none of those at Disneyland, though Innoventions at DL is pretty close.
                                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
                                    <snip>

There is no debate on which Space Mountain is better. Many, like myself refuse to ride WDW's Space Mountain again until it gets rebuilt like Disneyland's. <snip>
                                    Well, I happen to agree with you, but I've seen several posts of people saying they prefer WDW's version

Comment

I think the bottom line is the answer to the question: Which is better, the Magik Kingdom or DIsneyland? The answer is YES.

It is all personal taste.

As a fan of DL, and being very familiar with it, what I loved most about Magic Kingdom was the fact t hat there was so much that wasn't the same. I got a kick out of there being a lake in front, instead of a parking lot ( a long time ago), I loved how you had to look in different directions to see stuff in the Jungle Cruise, I loved how Small World had an entirely differnet opening room/entry. I loved the colonial motif of Haunted Mansion and the extra rooms.
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Thanks all! I wasn't necessarily asking which was better though I find it interesting to know...i was simply wanting to know specific differences...

Comment

Working...
                                        X