Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

differences in rides that both disney world and disneyland has...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: differences in rides that both disney world and disneyland has...

belleariel: Try to see as many attractions as you can since most have slight differences, but for sure you can cross these off if time becomes an issue: Pirates (too short), Buzz Lightyear (DL's is better), Raceway/Autopia (no theming), Captain EO (same show both places), MuppetVision3D (same show, more crowded at WDW), and It's Tough to be a Bug (same show). Enjoy your trip!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
      Nope, they are exactly the same.
      Not counting the queue, which is much better themed than the one in DCA.
      Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
        Congratulations on going to see WDW. Even for a long time Disneylander, you will love WDW.

There is no debate on which Space Mountain is better. Many, like myself refuse to ride WDW's Space Mountain again until it gets rebuilt like Disneyland's. I suggest still riding Space Mountain to see for yourself, just like I would say see Stitch once at the Magic Kingdom, just to appreciate the better attractions even more. I think if you have the time, see everything at least once. I have several one-time was enough WDW attractions, but none of those at Disneyland, though Innoventions at DL is pretty close.
        Fine, I'll debate it. Disneyland's Space Mountain is an outer space themed rollercoaster. Walt Disney World's Space mountain is a spaceport attraction that has a rollercoaster in it. 70% of the attraction isn't on the ride. It is far and away a much more immersive overall experience. Florida's Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean invented the themed cue, and did so masterfully.
        It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
          Fine, I'll debate it. Disneyland's Space Mountain is an outer space themed rollercoaster. Walt Disney World's Space mountain is a spaceport attraction that has a rollercoaster in it. 70% of the attraction isn't on the ride. It is far and away a much more immersive overall experience. Florida's Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean invented the themed cue, and did so masterfully.
          I disagree. Disneyland's Space Mountain's track goes all around the building instead of 2 tracks and each one takes up only 1/4 of it while another 1/4 is the gift shop. I say DLR's music is better and the light tunnels are better. Disneyland's also goes faster than WDW's. WDW's goes 28 MPH while DLR's goes 32 MPH. DLR also gets Ghost Galaxy for Halloween. Although not completely themed to a Space Port when you first enter the baording area you have entered the Space Port. And I thought attractions like DLR's Haunted Mansion invented the themed queue. At DLR's you go through a graveyard, into the Mansion and the ride begins in the elavator. I would also say DLR's Adventure Thru Inner Space had a themed queue where you saw the Mighty Microscope, the screen with the snowflake, and the panels around the room also with snowflakes on them. I would say that Disneyland's Space Mountain beat's Disney World's in a lot of ways and WDW's PotC and Space Mountain did not invent the themed queue.

Comment

Originally posted by belleariel412 View Post
            Thanks all! I wasn't necessarily asking which was better though I find it interesting to know...i was simply wanting to know specific differences...
            So, was your question answered? Anything in particular you'd like more info on?

Comment

Oh by the way, belleariel, if you don't mind me offering a piece of advice: Rent a car, if you can. The buses are terrible

Comment

i think so...but i don't know if those are all the rides that are different yet disneyland and disneyworld both have...thanks for asking

Comment

The safe bet is to assume that unless the attraction is a film, there will be differences. They may not be as big as how the Liberty Square's Haunted Mansion pawns the one in New Orleans square, or how the California Mr. Toad only has one track while Florida's is called The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, but they are there. It's better that way too. If you are used to one version of a ride, seing it slightly different is like riding it again for the first time.
                  It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                  sigpic

Comment

To actually attempt to answer the original question, here's a list of the notable differences I could think of off the top of my head:

Haunted Mansion has a portrait gallery and Library while you are in the Doom Buggy.
                    Splash Mountain has an additional small drop.
                    The Peoplemover track has a ride on it.
                    The guns on Buzz Lightyear are attached to the vehicle, so you actually have to use the spinning controls.
                    Pirates has a much shorter boat ride but a much better queue.
                    Space Mountain is more like the Matterhorn in its layout.
                    Dinosaur and Indy are completely different.
                    Tom Sawyer Island has no pirates.
                    Nobody ever camps out for Fantasmic on the Rivers of America unless they are severely deranged.
                    The Railroad has no dioramas unless you count Splash Mountain.
                    Small World has no hello room, America room, or any Disney characters of any kind.
                    Snow White’s Scary Adventure starts with the Queen’s transformation and she chases you for the entire ride..
                    Peter Pan’s flight spreads out the pirates, mermaids, lost boys, and Indians throughout the entire ride instead of cramming them all into the end.
                    Pooh incorporates the book device from the film and has a flood scene as well as doing just about every other scene with much more detail.
                    Big Thunder Mountain goes through the town of Dry Gulch after the second lift.
                    Astro-Orbiter is on a platform.
                    Mad Tea Party has a roof.
                    Mr. Lincoln has all the other presidents and a totally different show.
                    Epcot’s Innoventions is enormous.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                      To actually attempt to answer the original question, here's a list of the notable differences I could think of off the top of my head:

Haunted Mansion has a portrait gallery and Library while you are in the Doom Buggy.
                      Splash Mountain has an additional small drop.
                      The Peoplemover track has a ride on it.
                      The guns on Buzz Lightyear are attached to the vehicle, so you actually have to use the spinning controls.
                      Pirates has a much shorter boat ride but a much better queue.
                      Space Mountain is more like the Matterhorn in its layout.
                      Dinosaur and Indy are completely different.
                      Tom Sawyer Island has no pirates.
                      Nobody ever camps out for Fantasmic on the Rivers of America unless they are severely deranged.
                      The Railroad has no dioramas unless you count Splash Mountain.
                      Small World has no hello room, America room, or any Disney characters of any kind.
                      Snow White’s Scary Adventure starts with the Queen’s transformation and she chases you for the entire ride..
                      Peter Pan’s flight spreads out the pirates, mermaids, lost boys, and Indians throughout the entire ride instead of cramming them all into the end.
                      Pooh incorporates the book device from the film and has a flood scene as well as doing just about every other scene with much more detail.
                      Big Thunder Mountain goes through the town of Dry Gulch after the second lift.
                      Astro-Orbiter is on a platform.
                      Mad Tea Party has a roof.
                      Mr. Lincoln has all the other presidents and a totally different show.
                      Epcot’s Innoventions is enormous.
                      Wow!! Nicely done Dapper Dan! How about Jungle Cruise? I haven't been on Disneyland's version since I was a small child so I have no clue...

Comment

wow thank u so much!

Comment

Originally posted by lily23 View Post
                          Wow!! Nicely done Dapper Dan! How about Jungle Cruise? I haven't been on Disneyland's version since I was a small child so I have no clue...
                          Holy cow you're right, I forgot the Jungle Cruise. The Orlando version has an indoor temple ruins section, but no piranhas.
                          sigpic

Comment

WDW's TSMM has a much better and more charming queue, and offers Fast Pass (which is needed unless you show up first thing in the morning...which is highly recommended. Get a Fast Pass for later, then get right in line!)

At WDW, Fantasyland rides offer Fast Pass. Pooh is better, and Snow White has a real ending! See it while you can, it will be replaced by a new mine train attraction as part of the Fantasyland expansion.

As others noted, HM is better on the east coast, and the facade is very different, too. I love it's creepy, gothic look.

WDW has the "real" TOT! This version is a must, with the Fifth Dimension scene and randomized drop sequences. One of the top attractions in the world.

WDW's retro Space Mountain is more of a real coaster, while the DL version is snazzier and more high tech. Personally, I give a slight edge to the east coast SM.

The Pirates queue is better at WDW, but the ride doesn't compare to the Disneyland masterpiece.

Splash: Both versions are great. The dark ride portion is better at WDW. At DLR, the final drop is more hair raising, and will get you wetter.

Buzz: Both are fun. The DL version gets the edge because of the removable ray guns. The ending is different at WDW.

Comment

You should go on them all so you can see the differences. Being a person who has been to Disneyland so many times in my life it was fun to ride everything in WDW and point out the differences.

Space mountain in WDW < Dl to me by a lot. the WDW one seemed so sloooooowwwww
                              Buzz looked better in WDW but the guns are horrible
                              The people mover is awesome I really miss it
                              Autopia or whatever it is called in MK is horrible and very short
                              The way WDW TL looks is very nice and one of the best pars of MK imo
                              The JC is longer I believe in WDW but I prefer the DL one
                              POTC is really short and missing scenes in WDW DL is way better there
                              Swiss family Robison treehouse is a nice nostalgic feel for me and better tan the Tarzan one we have
                              DL Haunted mansion and WDW are very close IMO I like the outside look of the DL one
                              BTMRR in WDW is the exact same except the track runs backwards to it's DL counterpart. I hate walking to it though seems out of the way
                              Splash Mountain to me is better in DL but similar to the WDW one. Obviously the logs are different as stated.
                              They have the country bears in WDW! that's a plus
                              Fantsayland as a whole is was better to me in DL, but the refurbs going on should help the WDW one a lot. No Alice or Mr toads really is puzzling to me as they have lots of room. They could have added poh instead of taking out Mr toad.
                              I like the size of Mainstreet in WDW better but I like the feel of the DL one better. that could be because Walt's apartment is there and I feel his presence in our park

At Epcot Soaring is identical I don't think anything else in that park is a clone from DL. I guess the nemo ride could be compared to the Subs ride in CA. I don't like either of them

Hollywood studios has the ToT I like our ride better but their outside look better. Feels more abandoned.
                              Star Tours when they had it was the same.
                              TSMM is the exact same.
                              Muppet 3d the same although the area around it is waaaaay better than DCA

Animal kingdom has no clones that i know of except for it;s tough to be a bug. Well Dinosaur is the same layout as Indy but you can't even compare the two.
                              AK is by far my favorite theme park outside of Disneyland and has Expedition Everest one of my favorite Disney rides I have been on. Be sure to catch the Safari ride as well as the footprint of that ride alone is bigger than the Disneyland park!
                              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                              My company had a special night at the park
                              WdW trip report with WWoHP
                              NYE 2011 trip report
                              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                              Leap year 24 hour report
                              New DCA trip report
                              NYE 2012
                              HKDL trip report

Comment

Working...