Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

DISNEY RESPONDS TO CRITICISM FROM ABIGAL DISNEY

Disney has responded to Abigail's recent comments and they can be discussed in this thread - https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...neyland-resort
2 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

See more
See less

World of Motion Future City

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World of Motion Future City

I think being an omnimover helped that however. Just like Spaceship Earth; that rarely has a line and I think that's more because of the frequent slow/break downs than the ability not to continually load.

While I don't disagree that TDO thought thrill rides were needed in EPCOT, I do think sometimes the queue wait is used too heavily in basing opinions on what makes a popular ride. I can't remember the World of Motion being as empty as Imagination is now, for example. Also, sometimes I think the wait time is artificial in terms of how popular an attraction is. Mission: Space comes to mind. I haven't seen the ride that crowded lately when I go, and that's a slow loading attraction. Yet, wait times seem to be artificially high because of this.

I don't have any real evidence this is true, I guess the ride count would matter most, and I agree Horizon at the end wasn't attended much (though I think partially having it taken off the maps and being opened almost on a whim is part of that), I do think there were more people on those attraction than some attraction get now, especially Imagination (I bet that got more before the refurbs) and even Gran Fiesta.

Just my opinion, but could be I'm a bit biased. As much as I do enjoy Test Track (and I do) I miss World of Motion and Horizons more.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
      I think being an omnimover helped that however. Just like Spaceship Earth; that rarely has a line and I think that's more because of the frequent slow/break downs than the ability not to continually load.
      Well, your memory and mine differ on this one. I can remember during the latter years of WoM and Horizons when both of them not only had no line, but I was the only person in the loading area, with empty cars ahead and behind me as far as the eye could see. I've rarely been on Spaceship Earth when there wasn't at least a short queue, and most mornings it's a 10 to 20 minute wait. I know, some of that is the positioning of SE right at the entryway. But still, to the bean counters at Disney, WoM and Horizons weren't cutting it as far as ridership numbers.

Comment

I too did not get a chance to ride WoM, I did get a chance to ride Horizons, but I was too young to remember. My parents remember it and did get a chance to ride Mission:Space, and compared the two, their choice: Horizons was better, because it was more cheerful, hopeful and not so blantly over-the top serious.

Timekeeper
        sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
        Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

I completely agree with Dusty. Those original attractions had a soul and really drew you into the story. I miss them every time I visit Epcot. The Imagineers today, as talented as they are, just don't seem to have the story telling ability as the long time Imagineers do/did.

sigpic
          May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

Comment

I wish I got to ride Horizons, World of Motion, and the original Journey Into Imagination. Mission: SPACE and Test Track are good. But I don't think they could live up to those attractions. And EVERYONE thinks that the original Journey Into Imagination is better than the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyJack65 View Post
              I completely agree with Dusty. Those original attractions had a soul and really drew you into the story. I miss them every time I visit Epcot. The Imagineers today, as talented as they are, just don't seem to have the story telling ability as the long time Imagineers do/did.
              I don't know if it's the Imagineers, or the execs with the calculators who are holding them back. They can't build anything without the money to do it.
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Wow, would have loved to see CenterCore. Didn't even pay attention to the ride in 1996, thinking it would always be there Similarly, does anybody have good pictures of "Glitter City" from SSE? That's a tough one to photograph as well.
                Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

This model was my favorite part of the attraction. I always hoped that the ride would stop while I was in that part so I could spend more time watching it and all of its moving lights. It's sad that it was so difficult to photograph. None of the existing images or video that I've been able to find come close to doing it justice. Now that it is gone it's like some sort of mythical creature that you can try to explain to someone, but unless they've seen it for themselves they'll never really understand.

As a kid I always wanted that model; not knowing how big it was. It's sad to think that now it's probably buried in some landfill.
                  It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X