X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wumbology
    replied
    Re: Good times spot now Open at DAK

This isn't bad. They just needed something to soak up some crowds, so they used an existing space that would otherwise sit empty. Plus, more accessible characters for these kids. It's fine as long as this doesn't become a trend nor does it become a reason for them to not build more actual attractions.

Leave a comment:

• LuckyJack65
    replied

For the love of Walt, put some damn attractions into that park!!! Did you ever see the original plans for DAK? Crammed full of themed attractions for each "land" (weren't they designed by the great Imagineer Joe Rohde?). I've visited DAK 3 time since it opened, and aside from ExEv, which I can't ride for medical reasons, and the Nemo stage show, I've seen enough to last me a lifetime. It's basically: see some animals, fill your autograph book, and head to Typhoon Lagoon for the rest of the day...

Leave a comment:

• sbk1234
    replied

Agreed completely, Lytum.

Leave a comment:

• toonaspie
    replied

You know I could swear that my local zoo has about the same # if not more rides than DAK actually has!

Leave a comment:

• Lytum Hyde
    replied

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
    If they really want some "good times" at DAK, they should build Beastly Kingdom finally.
    .. and redo Dinosaurland USA to what was in the original plans, The Excavator and the Jungle Cruise type family ride.

Leave a comment:

• sbk1234
    replied

If they really want some "good times" at DAK, they should build Beastly Kingdom finally.

Leave a comment:

• KingEric
    replied

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    They have been doing this for a while now, about a year or 2, seasonally.
    doesn't change how lame it is.

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
    DAK is debuting a new area called "The Good Times Gathering Spot at Camp Minnie-Mickey at Disney’s Animal Kingdom"

It seems this is just a seasonal thing. So has this happened before, and I just didn't hear about it?
    They have been doing this for a while now, about a year or 2, seasonally.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 11-24-2010, 04:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sbk1234
    replied

Except for The Lion King show, isn't that entire land simply meet 'n greets?

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied

OMG - that is so lame. Come on Disney, put a show or something in that theater. The last thing DAK needs is another character meet-n-greet. This is a park high on charm but low on attractions. Get with the program!

Leave a comment:

• KingEric
    started a topic News Good times spot now Open at DAK

Good times spot now Open at DAK

Good Times Gathering Spot open this week at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – A Mom and The Mouse – Orlando Sentinel
Working...
X