This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Character Auditions: Undesirable features, College Program

Hey guys! Just a few questions about the audition process for Face Characters at Disney World.

First off: What are ideal female faces for one of the princesses? Like, how big can your nose be? How crooked could your teeth be? What are the most important features for the princesses?

Secondly: I was thinking of auditioning for a face character role when I would attend the International College exchange program, but on Disney's Audition calendar, many of the face character audition info said that current participants are unable to apply for the job. However, on the exchange program website, it says that characters are one of the jobs a participant could have. Why the differences in information? Is it because of the time of year? Is there only a certain time in which exchange students can audition?

Thanks for the info, guys! I'd really appreciate if these questions can be answered.

Re: Character Auditions: Undesirable features, College Program

all the information you need is here Disney Auditions - Audition Experience
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
      all the information you need is here Disney Auditions - Audition Experience
      I've seen this page before, but it doesn't answer all of the questions I have asked here.
      Thank you anyway!

Comment

You would have to attend a audition that is for ICP/CP students. When my friend got face character as a CP she attended the audition in Ohio and was offered face character. Her first few months at WDW she was costumed and was eventually face trained.

On the ICP/CP website it should show upcoming audition locations

Comment

Thanks, that helps a lot! Do you know when that information would go up on the website?

Comment

Well, the auditions that they usually post for CP members are the ones that say something about Parade Movers. If you read the post for the audition on the actual audition website, it will have one towards the beginning of the spring (I assume, don't quote me on it) to audition the people who will be applying for the Fall 2011 CP.

As for the princess look, I've looked at plenty of pictures and the princesses have noses that are proportional from what I can tell. Disney Cast Magic has wonderful closeups of Disneyland princesses, which can give you an idea of what they're looking for. Walt Disney World is a bit different in what they look for, as they have more park to fill with characters, but DL gives you an idea of the better of the choices. I've never seen super-crooked teeth, but I'm sure that they'll overlook minor details if everything else works for them, but I'm guessing that it's a big fat IF. The princesses just have to be graceful and kind, and while any good actor can pull that off, it's all about how you present yourself at the auditions. If you come across as a confident girl who knows that she's a princess, they'll probably consider you more.

I hope I helped some, but I just want to make sure you know that I'm getting most of this information from other things I've read on the web. I've never auditioned before, let alone worked for the company, so I've just got the information others have provided from their experiences.

Comment

Working...
            X