This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Premier Passport Upgrade

Has anyone had experience upgrading to a Premier Passport? I currently have a Disneyland Premium Annual Pass, and we are planning a trip to WDW. I read that in order to upgrade you need to go to Guest Relations. I want to make sure I can do this in Florida, that I do not need to do this in California.

Thanks

Re: Premier Passport Upgrade

Here at DLR they upgrade them at the AP centers NOT the ticket booths. I would assume you can do it in Florida as well - anytime you are going to give Disney your money, I'm sure they will find a way to "make magic" happen. Have Fun!!!
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

It's easier to do in California, but you'll be able to do it in Florida.
      -Bill

Comment

Here's my thought: Already have the DLR premium AP. Coming to WDW at the end of January and buying a 7 day park hopper as part of my package. What are the chances of applying that cost toward a Premier?
        Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Just got back from WDW and had no problem obtaining the premier gold annual pass. Guest Relations has all passes, not ticket booths or hotels. There are Guest Relations at every entrance to all theme parks with plenty of cast members. We did not have to wait for processing at all. You get a gold plastic card with your full name but no photo ID. WDW does not require photo ID because many guests lose their passes and it would be costly to replace. At DLR guests are required to go to AP center for the photo ID. Not many cast members are familiar with the gold pass and usually have to ask for processing information (Code 64 when purchasing items). Also, get a 20% discount on everything, regardless of dollar amount. Good deal and great savings!

Comment

Originally posted by Lanmon View Post
              Also, get a 20% discount on everything, regardless of dollar amount.
              This is not actually a permanent benefit. This is a temporary promotion that has been going on for a year now simply because it keeps being extended, but be aware it can end at any time. I would assume it will stay for a while more though, as feedback has been good about it. But saying "everything" isn't accurate either. It is only valid at merchandise locations, and there are quite a few items that the discount isn't valid on, like the Walt Disney Classics Collection and pretty much all electronics.

Not sure what you're talking about with the photo ID, we do require you to show a government issued photo ID when using the pass unless you elect to do a bio-scan with your finger. No photo is ever printed on a Premier Pass (even in Disneyland). Plus, if anything with the bio-scan goes wrong, we'll still ask you for a photo ID.
              -Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill for the info. We were at WDW for 10 days and I got 20% off whenever and wherever I used my Premier Passport. I did not know it was a promo and could not purchase certain Disney items with the discount.

I got the Premier passport on the first day and went to all theme parks more than once and was never asked my photo ID at the entrance/turnstiles. Come to think of it, not even when I purchased items in the parks, DTD and the hotels was I asked to see my photo ID. I always had my govt ID just in case it was requested.

Many cast members had not seen the passport and had to ask their manager for assistance at DTD, Mouse Gears at Epcot, Beach Club and Boardwalk Villas. I was told there are not many Premier Passports holders.

I did ask Guest Relations about having a photo on the Passport and it is not required at WDW. However, at Disneyland a photo ID is required. So, when I go there next week I must go to the Annual Passport Center for the photo.

Also, WDW will replace lost passport cards at no cost but at Disneyland there is a fee for all lost cards.

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
                  Here's my thought: Already have the DLR premium AP. Coming to WDW at the end of January and buying a 7 day park hopper as part of my package. What are the chances of applying that cost toward a Premier?
                  You can usually apply any ticket toward another... just ask.
                  Author of MiceChat Column:

View all Mice Munchies.

Comment

I did ask Guest Relations about having a photo on the Passport and it is not required at WDW. However, at Disneyland a photo ID is required. So, when I go there next week I must go to the Annual Passport Center for the photo.
                    No Premier Pass, including the ones in Disneyland, has a printed photo on it. You were misled by our crack team of Guest Relations Hosts, and I apologize.
                    -Bill

Comment

Bill, here is the latest info regarding annual passes and photos per the Disney website. I will be going to Disneyland in a few days and will let you know what happens.

Disneyland Resort Annual Passport Terms and Conditions
                      Updated 04/13/2010
                      GENERAL: Each Annual Passholder and Disney Premier Passport holder (individually, a "Passholder") must report to the Disneyland Resort Annual Passport Processing Center in order to receive and have a photo identification affixed to the Passport, unless the photo identification was affixed at the time of sale. A Passholder must have his/her valid Passport in hand for theme park admission.

Comment

Bill, here is the latest info regarding annual passes and photos per the Disney website. I will be going to Disneyland in a few days and will let you know what happens.

Disneyland Resort Annual Passport Terms and Conditions
                        Updated 04/13/2010
                        GENERAL: Each Annual Passholder and Disney Premier Passport holder (individually, a "Passholder") must report to the Disneyland Resort Annual Passport Processing Center in order to receive and have a photo identification affixed to the Passport, unless the photo identification was affixed at the time of sale. A Passholder must have his/her valid Passport in hand for theme park admission.
                        Must be due to Disneyland's on-going issue with a large amount of Passholders incorrectly using their passes. Sorry for all of the run-around, I feel for you. Hope you enjoyed your time at WDW regardless.
                        Author of MiceChat Column:

View all Mice Munchies.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X