This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Art of Animation Resort Rooms - Sneak Peak

Found a sneak peak of the rooms online. Though the outside looks pretty immersive,

the inside of these look really bad IMO. These don't look like a place I would want to stay at all.

Preview of new Disney Art of Animation Resort
    Last edited by Dustysage; 12-20-2010, 04:42 PM. Reason: Photos added
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Re: Art of Animation Resort Rooms - Sneak Peak

The "Cars" rooms actually look really nice but "The Lion King" and "Finding Nemo" rooms are tacky tacky tacky!!!! Why the cartoony headboards?! I'm shocked by the huge differences between these rooms. It's almost as if they had a different designer do the "Cars" suites.

Comment

I actually hate the Cars rooms. I don't want to pay more than I should in a Disney value resort themed to a run down motel. I realize that it's themed to the Cozy Cone, but it still looks sparse and cheap.

Comment

Well I prefer the Cars simplicity in theming. I think they went completely overboard with The Lion King rooms.

Comment

I do not understand why Disney assumes that people on a smaller budget have bad taste.

Comment

I'm the kind of guy who uses those value resorts. I don't know why you guys hate this, but I love it! All of the outdoors areas look GREAT! Especially the Lion King part! The insides do look a bit cheap, but I out of all of them I think the Lion King one looks the best. Please don't say I have bad tastes, but I just really like the film, and I think the style of the rooms fit the style of the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch626626 View Post
              I'm the kind of guy who uses those value resorts. I don't know why you guys hate this, but I love it! All of the outdoors areas look GREAT! Especially the Lion King part! The insides do look a bit cheap, but I out of all of them I think the Lion King one looks the best. Please don't say I have bad tastes, but I just really like the film, and I think the style of the rooms fit the style of the film.
              I think the outdoor portions look great too, I am more concerned about the insides. Though, I also think the Pirates rooms at the Caribbean Beach are a little too much too, so maybe I'm not the right audience for this?

Comment

I really like the Cars themed-room. I wasn't picking up a cheap hotel fee at all; it looks much more like a cartoonish twist on the retro "mid-century modern" style that's really popular right now. The colors look well balanced, and I would even say very nice-looking. The Nemo rooms look good, a little on the cutesy side, but colorful and certainly managing to look aquatic without going overboard. But really, is this what the Imagineers see when they watch the Lion King? It's so garish and over the top. Even though it's clearly inspired by the "Can't Wait to be King" sequence animation style, I'm disappointed they didn't go with some of the more serious/subtle African stylistic look of the rest of the film. We've seen Disney do wonderful African inspired hotel rooms before (AKL), why couldn't they do something more like that?

Comment

I dig the Cozy Cone! Having Zazu (whatever) watch over me while I sleep... not so much.
                  He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                  follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                  DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

I know plenty of kids who will eat this type of theming up. These are all family suites, right? I don't think their goal is to appeal to the parents (aside from the multiple rooms). I think it's to steal from the Nickelodeon Family Suites right down the road - which have the same over-the-top room theming.

Comment

This is how detailed the value resorts should have always been.
                      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I am not sure how I feel about these rooms. the outside pics look great. i know the kids will get a real kick out of them. But the inside, yeah I am not so sure. I guess I will wait until the rooms are open and I can see completed pictures. Right now I actually like the tacky over theming of the Lion King room. I think that would really appeal to the kids.
                        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I think that kids will really eat up the Nemo and Lion King rooms as well, however I personally find the cars room to look the absolute best, though my styling and that of my own personal rooms is really very sparse as well. I find the Cars room to flow quite nicely between theme and colors... The other rooms are a bit garish and over the top, but I can see the kid really eating it up.
                          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                          -George S. Patton

Comment

The Nickelodeon hotel down the road called... they want their look back.
                            DisneyTwins
                            Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by disneytwins View Post
                              the nickelodeon hotel down the road called... They want their look back.
                              oooooooh snap!
                              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X