Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Ideas on how WDW can compete w/ Potter (Star Wars?)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ideas on how WDW can compete w/ Potter (Star Wars?)

Disney doesn't have the theme park rights to Avatar. Universal already does and there is word that once they lose the rights to Spider-Man, they're going to change The Amazing Adventures to an Avatar-themed attraction. I personally am surprised Disney didn't pick up the rights to the Tolkien stories when they could have. Having a large, immerisive world based on Middle Earth would have easily off-set any potential loss to Potter.

Comment

Disney has to be careful, look at the boat they would be in if they had done a big, immerisive park/section on the "Swiss Family Robinson" all those years ago! At least now we are only stuck with a tree Don't get me wrong, I still climb that tree everytime I'm down there, but in todays draws, it's not a big one.

The same goes for Harry Potter, who's to say what the draw will be in a couple of years. The series is done, and this summer the last movie will be out. Old Harry might just drop off the map and Universal is stuck with a whole section dedicated to an old book and movie series.

Comment

Originally posted by maddogjoe View Post
        Disney has to be careful, look at the boat they would be in if they had done a big, immerisive park/section on the "Swiss Family Robinson" all those years ago! At least now we are only stuck with a tree Don't get me wrong, I still climb that tree everytime I'm down there, but in todays draws, it's not a big one.

The same goes for Harry Potter, who's to say what the draw will be in a couple of years. The series is done, and this summer the last movie will be out. Old Harry might just drop off the map and Universal is stuck with a whole section dedicated to an old book and movie series.
        Like Jurassic Park.
        It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IndyFan1 View Post
          Disney doesn't have the theme park rights to Avatar. Universal already does and there is word that once they lose the rights to Spider-Man, they're going to change The Amazing Adventures to an Avatar-themed attraction. I personally am surprised Disney didn't pick up the rights to the Tolkien stories when they could have. Having a large, immerisive world based on Middle Earth would have easily off-set any potential loss to Potter.
          Has this been confirmed, I've only heard rumors that Universal picked up the rights, and that they were planning on using it as a replacement for Terminator, not Spiderman.

If I had to guess, I would say that Universal is going to replace Spidey with Transformers once the time comes. Considering they are only building Transformers attractions in parks without Spidey, this would make sense.

Personally, I always thought that Universal would pick up the Avatar rights (based on the Terminator connection to James Cameron), I just thought it would be cool to see Disney do something with the franchise.

There are franchises that go through peaks and valleys. Jurassic Park is on a low note, IMHO because of JPIII (an awful movie), but a solid fourth film could easily bring that franchise back from extinction.
          In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

Here's a different idea. While this wouldn't be a draw to rival Potter, it could still be a great addition with a large established fan-base. What if Disney brought Doctor Who to the United Kingdom at Epcot?

The experience could include entering the TARDIS, with a cleverly hidden show building as the interior. The adventure could feature the Doctor's greatest foes, including the Daleks and Cybermen. I could think of half a dozen great adventures that could be created in attraction form.

Potter is not the only mind-blowing adventure to come out of Great Britain!
            In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

An Avatar 4D attraction is expected to replace Terminator 3D, not Spider-Man.

I for one, would be very sad to see Spidey go, no matter how great its replacement will be. I think they should have both Spidey and Transformers.

Comment

Beastly Kingdom would definitely bring a lot of people in. I also think most of the Future World pavilions could be updated. Imagination! (the Imagination Institute tie-in with Eric Idle is no longer relevant. Or good), UoE, WoL, and the Seas, and Test Track definitely need huge changes or replacements. I don't think The Land or SPACE needs to change though. Also a new country with a huge ride, like others have said, would be good. Maybe some new scenes in the Great Movie Ride?

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Comment

Any day now Davy Crockett is going to come back in a big way.
                  It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                    Agreed about Disney not needing to 'out-do Potter'... they just need to go back to doing things the RIGHT way and the rest will follow.
                    Bingo.
                    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X