• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Indiana Joe
    AKA: Indyiluvu
    • Aug 2006

[Question] EPCOT: Drinking arround the world

I am planning my second ever WDW trip and ever since my first trip with my family I've wanted to try and have one drink from each country in world showcase. Since it will be just my sister this time, I can't wait to try this! It sounds like a lot of fun (if either of us remembers it, lol). Has anyone ever done this before? Were you successful? Any Tips? Starting country? Where/when to eat? I would probably want to stick to one type of drink (for me beer, not sure about my sister) and try and pace myself. What are typical world showcase hours? If the drink places are open 11 hours, we could do one drink/country an hour. Anyone have a list of the different types of drinks at each pavilion?

Thanks!
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?
  • Coastierox
    Mostly Harmless.
    • Apr 2005

Re: EPCOT: Drinking arround the world

I spent a night drinking around the world once... Started in Mexico and ended at Pleasure Island with a midget in tow. Not too sure how that happened. Stuck with the beers though. German beers are dammed fine, but when you hit the Rose and Crown in Jolly ol' UK make sure you get a snake bite or four. Good stuff. Gets expensive though.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

• Dapper Dan
      Metro-Retro Historian
      • Feb 2010

I've done this a couple times during the food and wine festival (which makes it harder). At least that's my excuse for why I nearly dislocated my shoulder falling off a garbage can while listening to Starship playing at the American Adventure stage. As stated above, this can get expensive, so be mindful of your funds. Also remember that drinking heavily under the hot Florida sun amplifies the effects. Don't forget to eat and get some regular hydration.

Incidentally, this kind of endeavor is the main reason I dislike the new version of the Mexico ride. You used to be able to drink on the boats. The pavilion does have a tequila bar now, so there's that.
      It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
      sigpic

Comment

• Pinkflutterby
        • Jun 2006

My husband did this last time we went to Food and Wine. I, however, did not due to having to drive us home. We started in Mexico , ate in Germany and he gave up in the UK when we hit home turf.

He was not well the next day lol!

Comment

• lily23
          MiceChatter
          • Dec 2009

Drink a big glass/bottle of water for every two drinks. Pace yourself. Have fun!

Comment

• ORD84
            MiceChatter
            • Jul 2009

I usually start in Jolly Ole UK and work my way around that way...usually by the time I hit Germany I pretty good and sloppy by the time it's time for tequila at Mexico I'm usually ready to take the Disney Buses home...

Funny Story last time I did this my buddy was asking the ladies at the German Pavilion about the steins trying to figure out what they were for, and I was translating...he kept getting me to ask them if they were like a German tea pot..

It's pretty easy to get ahead of yourself playing the game, so make sure that you pace yourself, and enjoy little snacks along the way...
            The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
            -George S. Patton

Comment

• Dapper Dan
              Metro-Retro Historian
              • Feb 2010

The excessive drinking in World Showcase helps me cope with what's become of Future World. I also find that Test Track is only fun when I'm hammered, and even then only the outdoor part.
              It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
              sigpic

Comment

• aimster
                Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Tip: Stick to one type of drink. Don't have a margarita in Mexico, then a beer in Germany then wine in France (and so on...). You WILL get sick.

Comment

• Indiana Joe
                  AKA: Indyiluvu
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                  Tip: Stick to one type of drink. Don't have a margarita in Mexico, then a beer in Germany then wine in France (and so on...). You WILL get sick.
                  Thanks! I will try to stick to beer. My Sister probably will drink liquor/ mixed drinks. Does every country offer some type of beer as well as hard alcohol? Of course if we start in Mexico, I may want to make an exception and start my day with a shot of tequilla. Liquor before beer, you're in the clear right?
                  FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

• KingEric
                    is in Antarctica
                    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                    • Oct 2007

sigh... I passed out in Japan once thanks to this... also known as the BEST DAY IN EPCOT EVER! However I did embarrass myself by marching in Germany singing "It's mein Fuhrer's world after all" to the nice poka band playing "it's a small world"

Drunk Eric thought it was hilarious, sober Eric realized how horribly insensitive it was.
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

• Coastierox
                      Mostly Harmless.
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                      sigh... I passed out in Japan once thanks to this... also known as the BEST DAY IN EPCOT EVER! However I did embarrass myself by marching in Germany singing "It's mein Fuhrer's world after all" to the nice poka band playing "it's a small world"

Drunk Eric thought it was hilarious, sober Eric realized how horribly insensitive it was.
                      Yup... I've had days like that...
                      He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                      follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                      DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

• BC_DisneyGeek
                        Seasick
                        • Oct 2007

It's simultaneously hilarious and insensitive! Mostly hilarious though.
                        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

• KevinYee
                          • Jan 2005

hahhahaha!! Having met Eric, I can totally appreciate (and picture) this -- wish I'd seen it!
                          Kevin Yee
                          MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                          Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                          Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                          Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                          Mouse Trap
                          Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                          101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                          Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

Comment

• aimster
                            Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Bwahahahaha!!! :lmao: I would have gladly PAID to have seen that.

Originally posted by Indiana Joe View Post
                            Thanks! I will try to stick to beer. My Sister probably will drink liquor/ mixed drinks. Does every country offer some type of beer as well as hard alcohol? Of course if we start in Mexico, I may want to make an exception and start my day with a shot of tequilla. Liquor before beer, you're in the clear right?
                            Everyone is different. You might be ok (while I would get seriously sick).

Oh... and prepare to have a MONSTER hangover the next morning after all that drinking.

Comment

• SkittleKicks
                              Another trip down I-4
                              • Mar 2007

If you do decide to go down this path, watch what you're eating, also. Those French pastries sound really good, but the high sugar content has been many a contestant's downfall.

Comment

• ORD84
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Indiana Joe View Post
                                Ya each country has their own little thing I think England had Harp, Bass, and something else(beer wise) France had Koenigsberg, Germany had Spaten and Warsteiner..

thats all I can remember off the top of my head..

:rofl: classic
                                The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                                -George S. Patton

Comment

• aimster
                                  Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
                                  France had Koenigsberg
                                  Ummmm... that would actually be Kronnenbourg 1664. My all-time favorite beer.

BTW... anyone know if they sell Peroni in the Italy pavilion? I love that one too.

Comment

• ORD84
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Jul 2009

Ummmm... that would actually be Kronnenbourg 1664. My all-time favorite beer.

BTW... anyone know if they sell Peroni in the Italy pavilion? I love that one too.

Sorry I was alittle tired while typing that at work yesterday morning... and personally I didn't like it...guess I like my German pilsners and my English Ales too much..
                                    -George S. Patton

Comment

• Duck44
                                      Kerplookee

• May 2006

I disagree. The proper way to drink around the world.......

Tequila & Taco in Mexico
                                      Beer & Maelstrom in Norway
                                      plum wine & pot stickers in China
                                      dark beer & pretzel in Germany
                                      Wine & street entertainment in Italy
                                      Sam Adams & Funnel Cake in American Adventure
                                      Sake & sushi in Japan
                                      Beer & baklava in Morocco
                                      Champagne & Crepe in France
                                      Snake Bite and British Invasion in UK
                                      Beer and Off Kilter in Canada.
                                      Originally posted by Grumpee
                                      I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

• Dagobert
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Feb 2007

We did that during our trip, too, and it was a lot of fun.

In Germany you should try the Spaten beer. In my opinion it is better than Warsteiner.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X