Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Stitch Compare to Alien Encounter Attraction?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How does Stitch Compare to Alien Encounter Attraction?

I was going through some old pictures of my very latest visit to Walt Disney World. I noticed a picture of me in front of the Alien Encounter Attraction in Tomorrowland. I was about 12 in the picture which was years ago. I remember boarding the attraction and being immersed in a dark room. I remember feeling that a Alien was right next to me. I thought it was both scary and awesome.

I went to Walt Disney World to notice the attraction had been replaced by Stitch Great Escape. Now I loved the movie and thought it was a wonderful story. So I board the attraction and realize that it was not as interesting or exciting to me as its predecessor. Plus I smelled like chili dog for a few minutes lol. (Those of you who have rode this attraction did you smell like it too?)

I was wondering how others feel about the Alien Attraction. Did you enjoy it and would you ride it again if you could. Also what do you guys think of the Stitch Attraction?

I think it would be wonderful if they could change the smell to something more pleasant such as cotton candy or caramel apple.

Re: How does Stitch Compare to Alien Encounter Attraction?

First off: I think the chilli dog smell is nasty on purpose.
    Second: Please, everybody, pray to the Disney Gods, make sacrifices, or whatever to get Alien Encounter back.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

I know it is suppose to be nasty but you can smell sometimes in the park.
      I would LOVE to see it come back even for a limited run.

Comment

I think I might be more okay with Stitch's Great Escape if it at least was not a blatant attempt to push a marketable character (like Stitch calling himself Stitch before he has met Lilo) and if it really achieved its goal of being more family friendly or stayed true to being more for older audiences. It is one of those cases where they tried to please everybody and ended up pleasing nobody. We have an attraction that still takes place in a lot of darkness and scares younger children, but is too hokey to offer the psychological thrill of its predecessor.

Comment

How does Stitch compared to Alien Encounter? Buy a regular coke (Alien) dump about 2/3 of it out, and then fill it back up with water (Stitch), that's a pretty good comparison.

I went on Alien Encounter many times. I've done Stitch twice, and never again.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh I would have gone a different way. I thought you were going to say, "Buy a regular coke dump about 2/3 of it out, and then let a kangaroo kick you in the face." That's about where I'd rate Stitch.
            It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
              Oh I would have gone a different way. I thought you were going to say, "Buy a regular coke dump about 2/3 of it out, and then let a kangaroo kick you in the face." That's about where I'd rate Stitch.
              Like!
              He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
              follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
              DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Stitch sucks. It doesn't live up to ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. Alien Encounter was created after Eisner took his son to Disneyland and telling him "this place is for babies". It was this that Eisner had imagineers come up with 2 plans for Disneyland and Disney World. For Disneyland - Tomorrowland 2055, this was where Alien Encounter would premiere. And for Disney World - Tomorrowland 1994. Both were similar, the only difference was with the failure of EuroDisneyland Disneyland's plans got cancelled. However, 2 years later Disney World would get it's long awaited redo. One of the new attractions - Alien Encounter - right in spot of the former Mission to Mars. This attraction was the one meant to bring the teens and adults into the park. And it succesfully did. Since teens and adults like to face their fears the attraction was made to be scary and anyone younger than 12 couldn't go on. The only thing telling guests this was a crapload of signs all over the place. But, this didn't stop parents from ignoring them and taking even 5 year olds on the ride. From 1994 - 2003 it succesfully scared guests, but because the parents complained it scared kids, the attraction was shut down (closed for people who weren't supposed to be there!). Imagineers came up with a more family friendly ride featuring Stitch, which opened a year later. Stitch is useless. It STILL scares kids and it's to silly for adults giving it no re-ride ability. So while Alien Encounter did what it was supposed to Stitch does nothing it was made to. Changing the alien does not change the experience for children. Strap them down in a dark room with something bouncing all over the place and they're instantly scared. Stitch is just awful. So Alien Encounter (and other attractions that were in that building) beat Stitch by miles. By the way, if you click the "Alien Encounter Fan" thing in my signature it will bring you to a petition to bring it back.

/endhistorylesson/review

EDIT: I have more! Stitch is totally breaking the theme of Tomorrowland! Alien Encounter fit because XS TECH was supposed to be a company run by aliens in the future. Plus the motto for Alien Encounter was "Sieze the Future". We all know that Stitch takes place in present day. Plus there is a mistake in Stitch's Great Escape, it's supposed to take place before he met Lilo, who named him Stitch, but Stitch calls himself "Stitch" throughout the attraction.
                At least they kept Skippy in the preshow.

Comment

Skippy was the best part. lol!

Comment

Stitch's Great Escape is just, well, awful! I agree with what everyone here has been saying. It's too scary for kids, too stupid for adults. Its like the antithesis to Walt's dream, because its an attraction where the parents and the children can hate it together!
                    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

I wonder if I started a petition a friendly one showing how much Disney fans miss this attraction how many signatures I would get

Comment

Here is a trailer made for the ride. It makes me wish it was still there

Comment

I loved Alien Encounter, it was something brand new for a Disney 'castle' park: a horror/sci fi hybrid. It wasn't perfect in execution but it was fascinating and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Stitch was painful to see, the level of pandering lowest common denominator "humor". Dreadful attraction replacing something truly atmospheric and original. I hate Stitch's Great Escape.
                          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Boy did you touch on a hot-button issue here. Alien Encounter was pretty cool. Stitch is the worst attraction in the history of time. One time on the peoplemover, my family and I yelled down to people waiting in the Stitch line "save yourselves while you still can..."

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
                            How does Stitch compared to Alien Encounter? Buy a regular coke (Alien) dump about 2/3 of it out, and then fill it back up with water (Stitch), that's a pretty good comparison.

I went on Alien Encounter many times. I've done Stitch twice, and never again.
                            Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                            How about, buy a regular coke, dump all of it out, fill it with your worst enemy's vomit, and have someone force it down your throat

Comment

Originally posted by lily23 View Post
                              How about, buy a regular coke, dump all of it out, fill it with your worst enemy's vomit, and have someone force it down your throat
                              How about, by a poisoned Coke, dump all of it out, put three bombs in it, fill it with toilet water AND your worst enemy's vomit, have someone force it down your throat, have them punch you 10 times, wait for the 3 bombs to explode at different times, have you ashes fly into a valcano, and go to the deepest depths of hell.

I love how in the video, the alien in the tube is shaped nothing like the alien that was in the actual ride.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X