This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SPLASH! Love it or hate it - It's happened - LAPBARS

i'M ACTUALLY FOR THEM...they look like they add more knee room and with my long legs I need it...

and we got new logs outta the deal the old ones were starting to look scummy
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Comment

Yea! Now people will have to stay for the last drop.

Timekeeper
      sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Off the record, yes, people were getting out of the logs - that's what prompted the change.

On the record - the new logs are nowhere near "bad". It's all but invisible to have a bar there, and it doesn't change the experience or the drop at all.

In short, not a big deal, and probably a change for the better.
        Kevin Yee
        MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
        Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
        Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
        Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
        Mouse Trap
        Tokyo Disney Made Easy
        101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
        Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

I'd actually want this at DLR as well! I've seen people try to get out of that one as well. UGH.

Comment

I like them! I was always floating up out of my seat during that drop and I'm too short to brace myself in the seat so whoever was riding with me got to hold me in. I knew I would never fly out of the boat, but it was unnerving!

Comment

This doesn't bother me much as most of the rides have them... I'm glad I saw this though as we couldn't figure out why Splash Mountain was closed a few weeks ago when we were there.

Comment

Working...
              X