This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] College Program part 2

As the other topic was closed (due to post count), it's time to start a new one. Here is the place to post if you plan on doing the college program, are about to do the college program, have done the college program, ect. Happy posting!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Re: College Program part 2

Just got accepted for my second program starting in August, I will be working in attractions. Hopefully something like Jungle Cruise of GMR, I put in requests for both of them, so maybe that will be enough initiative to get me on one of them.

Comment

Got accepted for Attractions for Fall Advantage starting this May.
      It'll be my second time around doing the CP.

Comment

My son is doing the 2011 Spring Advantage working Kilimanjaro Safari and loves it!
        MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

Comment

Originally posted by migitmouse88 View Post
          Just got accepted for my second program starting in August, I will be working in attractions. Hopefully something like Jungle Cruise of GMR, I put in requests for both of them, so maybe that will be enough initiative to get me on one of them.
          I hope you are able to get one of your choices (and if you get GMR, we would work together).

Originally posted by j2249 View Post
          Got accepted for Attractions for Fall Advantage starting this May.
          It'll be my second time around doing the CP.
          Fun! What did you do for your first CP?

Originally posted by Fairy Godmother Travel View Post
          My son is doing the 2011 Spring Advantage working Kilimanjaro Safari and loves it!
          Oh nice! I think if I didn't do GMR, I'd work at Safari
          Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

That would be awesome to not only meet someone from micechat finally, but work on the same ride. I'm looking forward to my program regardless but I'm hoping to get a performance ride, its something I have always wanted to do and I think that now may be the right time.

Comment

Hey all,

So after perusing the disneyauditions website, I came across this:

Disney Character Performers for the WDW College Program
              For: Walt Disney World
              Audition City: Orlando, FL
              Looking For: Disney Character Look-alikes and Disney Character Performers
              Wednesday, March 30, 2011
              09:00 AM
              **NOTE: These auditions are open to current college students interested in the Disney College Program. Performers who are not in college, should attend the Thursday open call auditions.
              ^
              I currently reside in Orlando and am a college student; however, I am not a part of the Disney College Program currently. The way I interpreted this audition notice is that if I were to audition on this day and get a role, I would be accepted into the Disney College Program. Am I misinterpreting?

All of the other DCP auditions in other cities do not have that note and simply direct you to apply for the DCP. The one in Orlando does, however. If this is the case, this would be ideal for me because I live about 45-1hour driving distance from WDW and working at WDW has never been ideal for this reason; however, if the DCP houses me, I could realistically work this out.

I do not have any interest in working at WDW unless it is in Entertainment, however, so I do not want to apply for the College Program unless I am certain I will get a role. This audition seems too tailor-made for me to be true, haha. Can anyone let me know if I am misreading something?

Thanks!

Comment

I applied for the normal fall program. I interviewed in mid January. Any idea on when I might be hearing back from them?

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
                  I applied for the normal fall program. I interviewed in mid January. Any idea on when I might be hearing back from them?
                  Usually it takes 2-4 weeks for them to respond, but there are times where it can take longer than that.

Comment

I also told them that I might be able to audition for a character but auditions aren't until March. Could that affect the response time as well?

Comment

I also told them that I might be able to audition for a character but auditions aren't until March. Could that affect the response time as well?
                      Depends on if you pick any other roles. If you only picked performer, then you will have to wait until after the audition. But if you picked other roles, if you are accepted you will get placed in one of them first. Then if you pass the audition, you will get placed in performer (but if you don't pass, you will keep the original role).

May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

Originally posted by v-13 View Post
                        I do not have any interest in working at WDW unless it is in Entertainment, however, so I do not want to apply for the College Program unless I am certain I will get a role. This audition seems too tailor-made for me to be true, haha. Can anyone let me know if I am misreading something?

Thanks!
                        I know that when it comes to these auditions, most people get cast as fuzzies (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc.) and not face characters. I have no idea if you are to apply before or after you go, but I just wanted to make sure that you understood this

Comment

Originally posted by v-13 View Post
                          Hey all,

So after perusing the disneyauditions website, I came across this:

Disney Character Performers for the WDW College Program
                          For: Walt Disney World
                          Audition City: Orlando, FL
                          Looking For: Disney Character Look-alikes and Disney Character Performers
                          Wednesday, March 30, 2011
                          09:00 AM
                          **NOTE: These auditions are open to current college students interested in the Disney College Program. Performers who are not in college, should attend the Thursday open call auditions.
                          ^
                          I currently reside in Orlando and am a college student; however, I am not a part of the Disney College Program currently. The way I interpreted this audition notice is that if I were to audition on this day and get a role, I would be accepted into the Disney College Program. Am I misinterpreting?

All of the other DCP auditions in other cities do not have that note and simply direct you to apply for the DCP. The one in Orlando does, however. If this is the case, this would be ideal for me because I live about 45-1hour driving distance from WDW and working at WDW has never been ideal for this reason; however, if the DCP houses me, I could realistically work this out.

Thanks!
                          You can still apply to the program, and I would advise you do so before you attend the audition. When you fill out the application, you can only put entertainment down as your major choice(s). That way, if you don't get accepted into the entertainment department, you won't have another major to fall back on and you won't be able to attend the college program. I would advise against just showing up to the audition without applying first because they might not take you seriously or not let you audition at all if you don't show an interest in the college program first.
                          joanna71985-Can you double major while down there? I would like to double major in costuming and entertainment (provided I get into entertainment at all) and when I sent an email to the CP asking about this I got a standarized email.

Comment

I got an email today about the fact that my status is pending a final decision and that I'd receive a final decision by April 30th. Is this a normal occurrence and what does it usually mean?

Comment

Originally posted by harpist1991 View Post
                              joanna71985-Can you double major while down there? I would like to double major in costuming and entertainment (provided I get into entertainment at all) and when I sent an email to the CP asking about this I got a standarized email.
                              No unfortunately. You can only do one role

I got an email today about the fact that my status is pending a final decision and that I'd receive a final decision by April 30th. Is this a normal occurrence and what does it usually mean?
                              It's not rare, but not common (it's in between), as not everyone gets a pending letter. It's not a bad thing- it just means they need more time to make a decision

May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

Originally posted by harpist1991 View Post
                                You can still apply to the program, and I would advise you do so before you attend the audition. When you fill out the application, you can only put entertainment down as your major choice(s). That way, if you don't get accepted into the entertainment department, you won't have another major to fall back on and you won't be able to attend the college program. I would advise against just showing up to the audition without applying first because they might not take you seriously or not let you audition at all if you don't show an interest in the college program first.
                                That makes sense. I didn't know you could only put one major down, that helps a lot. When is the deadline to apply?

Originally posted by BeautyandtheBeast View Post
                                I know that when it comes to these auditions, most people get cast as fuzzies (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc.) and not face characters. I have no idea if you are to apply before or after you go, but I just wanted to make sure that you understood this
                                That's fine - I was actually more intrigued by the stiltwalking roles mentioned in the auditions than anything. I just want a job in entertainment - fuzzy, face, parade, anything, as it is what I've been pursuing for a while now and currently work in elsewhere. Thanks for making sure though - I'm sure this is a dealbreaker for a lot of people.

Comment

I tried out for entertainment only last semester, and as I didn't get accepted for an entertainment role, I didn't get in the program.

However, I did go through the whole application process last semester before the auditions came.

I'm also currently in the process of applying again. I need to call and ask two questions before I completely go through all the web interview and phone interview, etc. I've decided that it's next fall is my best option, so I'm putting more than entertainment down for my roles this time around!

Comment

v-13, I'm not sure when the final deadline is. From what I've heard, it's whenever they fill up their spots. Auditions start in exactly one month so I would hurry to complete it! You also have to complete presentations and interviews before they make their decision. https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sa...wcp/index.html
                                    joanna- Do you know why they won't let you major in more than one role? The reason why I asked originally is because when I was on vacation recently I met a guy whose nephew did the program and he thought the guy double majored in entertainment and attractions. He was even able to describe the costume (it sounded to me a lot like the old Hunchback of Notre Dame show costumes) and his attractions outfit (I couldn't place that one, sorry!). Could it be that they let you double major if the entertainment part is a show or was the person I talked to really confused and maybe the nephew did two programs?

Comment

Here is my question.
                                      I am a british citizen in college and i am wondering could i still apply for this even in britain?
                                      thank you
                                      Here come's the bride.
                                      As long as we live.
                                      Till death do us part.
                                      You may kiss the bride.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomBoy View Post
                                        Here is my question.
                                        I am a british citizen in college and i am wondering could i still apply for this even in britain?
                                        thank you
                                        They do have an international program. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I know you can only work in the United Kingdom section of Epcot. I would suggest you check their website and see if you can find the international section. They do have a special housing unit too for the international students so you will still be able to live on campus! Good luck and keep us updated! https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sa...wcp/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                        X