Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

College Program part 2

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Program part 2

^Ok thank you!
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

Comment

Originally posted by harpist1991 View Post
      joanna- Do you know why they won't let you major in more than one role? The reason why I asked originally is because when I was on vacation recently I met a guy whose nephew did the program and he thought the guy double majored in entertainment and attractions. He was even able to describe the costume (it sounded to me a lot like the old Hunchback of Notre Dame show costumes) and his attractions outfit (I couldn't place that one, sorry!). Could it be that they let you double major if the entertainment part is a show or was the person I talked to really confused and maybe the nephew did two programs?
      I don't know the reasoning. But unfortunately you're only allowed to do one role on the CP (unless you extend the CP and transfer then). It could be because of training reasons. It could be because of pay rates. But I'm not really sure.
      Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
      May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
      May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
      May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
      Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
      Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
      May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
        I got an email today about the fact that my status is pending a final decision and that I'd receive a final decision by April 30th. Is this a normal occurrence and what does it usually mean?
        I also got this same message and I was wondering what the odds are of getting accepted after receiving this message.. I mean do only a few people get accepted?

Comment

Originally posted by harpist1991 View Post
          They do have an international program. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I know you can only work in the United Kingdom section of Epcot. I would suggest you check their website and see if you can find the international section. They do have a special housing unit too for the international students so you will still be able to live on campus! Good luck and keep us updated! https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sa...wcp/index.html
          I've seen many a CM who were in the college program from overseas working in the MK. I'm sure they try to get people into Epcot when they can, but they definitely have em placed everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by csmart1 View Post
            I also got this same message and I was wondering what the odds are of getting accepted after receiving this message.. I mean do only a few people get accepted?
            Unfortunately not everyone who applies can be accepted (there's only room for aprox 5-6 thousand people). People will be rejected every semester

Originally posted by isny View Post
            I've seen many a CM who were in the college program from overseas working in the MK. I'm sure they try to get people into Epcot when they can, but they definitely have em placed everywhere.
            There are 2 different international programs- one is the year-long program (those participants stay at the Commons) and they generally work at Epcot World Showcase, AK, and AKL. Then there is a regular international program (where the participants can work in regular locations around property). The different programs can be seen here: https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/
            Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
            May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
            May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
            May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
            Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
            Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
            May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
              I got an email today about the fact that my status is pending a final decision and that I'd receive a final decision by April 30th. Is this a normal occurrence and what does it usually mean?
              Originally posted by csmart1 View Post
              I am also pending. Currently on day 18 of waiting, only day two pending, but I am optimistic. There is a facebook group of over 650 peolpe for the Fall/Advantage 2011 Program and A LOT of people in that group got pended, and this past week Feb. 15th A LOT of pending people got accepted. Try to keep those hopes up and just know pending doesn't mean you are any closer or further from getting it. It means just what it sounds like "pending" the mouse just wants a closer look at us

Here's the Facebook group:
              http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=89150725687
              Last edited by Maverick; 02-19-2011, 07:17 PM. Reason: Add Link
              Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

I joined the group! I haven't even made it to my presentation yet, nor my audition. Plus, I'm changing colleges right now and my new college (surprisingly) is not wanting me to do the internship so I don't know what to do now.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomBoy View Post
                  Here is my question.
                  I am a british citizen in college and i am wondering could i still apply for this even in britain?
                  thank you
                  Like someone said above, they do have the "International Program" in which you will be housed in The Commons with 3 or 4 other internationals of differing origins. You can switch between housing units if you do not like your mates.

In this program you will either be placed in food service or merchandise at EPCOT's UK pavilion. In food service, you work quick service jobs until a table service spot opens up later in your program. The servers at EPCOT make BIG bucks on tips. In merchandise, you just work in the shops for your year long program.

The lifestyle for the international program is pretty good. Most internationals respect eachother and get to know eachother pretty well. It definitely gets wild sometimes. You'll also quickly find out what a "Happy Monday" is...

Now, they do have another international college program for custodial and merchandise jobs in the other parks, but you do not have the same representation and perks as the IP.

Comment

The ICP's can live in any of the complexes, but the ones that work at epcot mainly live in the commons. Last summer I was living at chatham and the building across the way was almost all brazilian girls (win)... most of which I was really good friends with and worked with at studios.

Most of the pending stuff usually has to do with people leaving/extending from other programs and casting not knowing exactly how many people are going to be needed for the next CP wave. =(
                    I have worked:
                    T-Land Attractions - Speedway, Space Mountain, Training Facilitator May 08- April 09
                    Fantasyland Attractions - Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White's Scary Adventures April 09- May09
                    Icon Attractions (studios) - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Fantasmic May10- Aug10

Have lived in Chatham and Patterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                      I am also pending. Currently on day 18 of waiting, only day two pending, but I am optimistic. There is a facebook group of over 650 peolpe for the Fall/Advantage 2011 Program and A LOT of people in that group got pended, and this past week Feb. 15th A LOT of pending people got accepted. Try to keep those hopes up and just know pending doesn't mean you are any closer or further from getting it. It means just what it sounds like "pending" the mouse just wants a closer look at us

Here's the Facebook group:
                      http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=89150725687
                      All this pending stuff has me nervous! I haven't finished filling out the interview or had my phone interview (or the audition, but no one has has that)! But I would really super like to get in next fall to prove some things to some people. (I might have been the reason I didn't get into a sorority, so not going next fall would devastate me twice :/ ) But good luck to all of you still pending!

Comment

^it scared me when I clicked on that to check it out and the first discussion I click on is called "CP Love" and realize that I worked with the person who is mentioned in the discussion...
                        I have worked:
                        T-Land Attractions - Speedway, Space Mountain, Training Facilitator May 08- April 09
                        Fantasyland Attractions - Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White's Scary Adventures April 09- May09
                        Icon Attractions (studios) - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Fantasmic May10- Aug10

Have lived in Chatham and Patterson.

Comment

ICP's can also work in attractions for the record.
                          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Working...
                          X