This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disney Nacho Cheese Lawsuit: Family of 4yr old Sues Over Burns

Disney Nacho Cheese Lawsuit: Family of 4-Year-Old Sues Over Burns from Meal at Magic Kingdom - Crimesider - CBS News

A family is suing Walt Disney Parks and Resorts after they say their 4-year-old son was badly burned by dangerously hot nacho cheese that spilled on him at the Magic Kingdom.
    I don't know, on one hand I feel bad for the boy, accidents happen and it sucks this happened to him.

On the other hand, accidents happen, it sucks it happened to him but most intelligent people know that nacho cheese is hot.

I really don't think they deserve to sue for that, its common sense, like understanding that coffee is hot.

Re: Disney Nacho Cheese Lawsuit: Family of 4yr old Sues Over Burns

Us People In America are so Sue Happy these days.....What would have happen if he had nacho cheese at home would they sue the company that made the cheese?

Comment

Ugh. Is parenting really that much harder than filing a lawsuit?
      A signature should go here.

Comment

Cahill also said the nachos did not come with any warning of their temperature.
        Oh, please. How about if you can't check your very young child's food for him before he eats, you should have your children taken away from you.

Sound ridiculous? So is the lawsuit. Bad things happen. It's a shame it happened to that little boy. Placing blame doesn't do anything except pass the guilt from the parents to someone else.

Those parents should be adults and deal with their bad situation, not try to point the finger anywhere away from themselves. Way to teach your kid that it's never your fault if there's someone that can be sued.

Sorry, I just think too many people sue nowadays. My family has had many excuses to sue various places over the years, but we never have. I can understand wanting Disney to pay the cost of the medical bills, I guess, but at the end of the day, you should really watch your kid.

I wasn't allowed to use a steak knife on my own til I was like 7. It drove me crazy and you could say it was overprotective of my mom, but I never got burnt by hot nacho cheese, either, so she did something right.

Comment

I'm hoping that nacho cheese can only be served cold. That's the only way to get people up in arms about rediculous lawsuits.

Comment

.... they not gonna get money because they mostly caused it to happen being careless..
            Here come's the bride.
            As long as we live.
            Till death do us part.
            You may kiss the bride.

Comment

If the kid spilled the nacho cheese on himself. Disney is automatically not involved. It's his fault own fault. I think they are just looking for a reason to sue Disney and make some money, those burns will heal in a week.

If I am not sueing a certain brownie company for putting a rusty staple in my brownie causing me to stay in the hospital for 4 days (which was misdiagnosed by the doctor btw, that could have killed me). Then they should have no right sueing for this accident.

Comment

next - we will have viscosity laws for cheese.. cheese must only be the consistency of water so if it spills, it does not stick to you.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                  Ugh. Is parenting really that much harder than filing a lawsuit?
                  Hint: Nachos is not a proper meal.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                    Hahaha, I actually was gonna say something about that but I decided not to, in light of all the other mean things I said.

But yeah. Especially for a 4 year old! I don't think I even had nachos til I was much older. It's kind of a messy food, and definitely not the kind of healthy thing a kid that young should be eating.

Comment

Disney is very much operating the way it should. Hot foods have to be kept hot (specifically, over 140 degrees F), or else bacteria form that can sicken or kill humans.

The usual acceptable range is 140-160 degrees. If the nacho cheese were served up boiling (212 degrees), that might be a problem, but I am betting they can't even get the cheese that hot in the storage/serving receptacle.
                      Kevin Yee
                      MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                      Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                      Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                      Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                      Mouse Trap
                      Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                      101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                      Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Originally posted by jupitertronic View Post
                        Hahaha, I actually was gonna say something about that but I decided not to.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                          Ding ding ding, winner! That would be a great place to start.
                          A signature should go here.

Comment

As a mother of a 4 year old, he would never be eating nacho cheese for dinner. He has never had nacho cheese.
                            Was he drinking it? What the hell was he doing with all that nacho cheese that it burnt his lip like that? I am guessing he put it on his hot dog, fries or nuggets or something. But so much that it would have burnt his lip like that. I honestly never experienced it being that hot

BUT, why did mom and dad check the temp of the food? I feel bad for the little boy, his lip looks awful, but seriously, the parents neglected their role in being parents.
                            Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
                              As a mother of a 4 year old, he would never be eating nacho cheese for dinner. He has never had nacho cheese.
                              Was he drinking it? What the hell was he doing with all that nacho cheese that it burnt his lip like that? I am guessing he put it on his hot dog, fries or nuggets or something. But so much that it would have burnt his lip like that. I honestly never experienced it being that hot

BUT, why did mom and dad check the temp of the food? I feel bad for the little boy, his lip looks awful, but seriously, the parents neglected their role in being parents.
                              From what I have read, he slipped on the chair, and grabbed for something to stabilize his fall, catching the nacho cheese.

If the nacho cheese wasn't hot, who would want to eat the large nachos/cheese landmass that would have formed/solidified in its place?
                              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X