Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

How long does it take to get to WDW from MCO by Magical Express?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How long does it take to get to WDW from MCO by Magical Express?

So I get in at 6:32 p.m. on a Tuesday (march 22nd). Im trying to figure out how much time Ill have at the MK that night (open til midnight). So if my plane gets in at 632, what time do you think I could reasonably expect to get to MK?

thanks for any assistance from those experienced with this service.
    aloha
    Cedar

Re: How long does it take to get to WDW from MCO by Magical Express?

It depends on what hotel you are at, if there are any other hotel stops on your way. Overall I would budget about and hour, to an hour and fifteen minutes.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Hi,
      thanks KingEric! Im finally gonna come check it out for myself. Remember 2 yrs ago my post "Epcot Then and Now."? Im staying at POR but Id like to skip the checkin and go straight to the MK!!!! Hey I am gonna be there from 3-22 to 3-26 and partial day on 3-29. Im also gonna get a 2 park pass to Universal. Do you want to meet on any of those days? It would be great to have a local perspective.

aloha
      Cedar Soberman

Comment

Well I am always down to play tour guide at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure! lol PM me so you can add me on FB.
        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

To drive direct from airport is about 30 to 45 minutes.

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

Add on baggage claim (30 minutes), waiting for bus (30-45 minutes), drop off at hotel (30-45 minutes).

Total time 2 hours to 3.5 hours.

Comment

The last time I used ME, I was at the hotel in 1 hr and 15 minutes (we were the 2nd stop). Last time I rented a car (and picked up my own luggage) I was at the hotel in roughly the same amount of time.
            WDW-'73,'76,'77,'78,'79,'80,'81,'82,'86,'91,'95,'96,'9 7,'99,'00,'01,'02,'03,'05,'06,'07,
            Jan'08,Feb'08,Sept'09,'10x3,'11x5,'12x4,'13x4,'14x 2
            DL-
            '79,'81,'84,'91,'05,'07,'10,'14

Comment

Originally posted by StevenW View Post
              To drive direct from airport is about 30 to 45 minutes.

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

Add on baggage claim (30 minutes), waiting for bus (30-45 minutes), drop off at hotel (30-45 minutes).

Total time 2 hours to 3.5 hours.
              If it ever takes anyone 2 to 3.5 hours via Magical Express then that would be a horrible exception to the rule.

First of all, I guess you don't understand that guests using DME don't have to go to baggage claim because DME automatically delivers checked luggaage to the inside of the guest's resort room.

Secondly, a 30 minute wait for a bus would be a maximum, since they run about every 30 minutes. For everyone who waits 30 minutes, there's someone else who walks up as the bus is about to leave (0 minutes of wait time).

The average time from deplaing to resort drop-off is 70 minutes.

MY average time has been 60 minutes (range 56-63 minutes).

Comment

If you have the extra money for a limo, it is so much fun and you will get to your resort much quicker. I think it took us about 35 minutes. The kids just loved the ride...it was their first time in a limousine. The driver met us right at the baggage claim and he took care of it all. He dropped us off right in front of the resort check-in and there were people right there to check your luggage in and they took care of it from there to make sure it arrived in your room. When we go back, we will definitely get a limo again. It makes the experience even more magical.

Comment

Originally posted by CleveRocks View Post
                  If it ever takes anyone 2 to 3.5 hours via Magical Express then that would be a horrible exception to the rule.

First of all, I guess you don't understand that guests using DME don't have to go to baggage claim because DME automatically delivers checked luggaage to the inside of the guest's resort room.

Secondly, a 30 minute wait for a bus would be a maximum, since they run about every 30 minutes. For everyone who waits 30 minutes, there's someone else who walks up as the bus is about to leave (0 minutes of wait time).

The average time from deplaing to resort drop-off is 70 minutes.

MY average time has been 60 minutes (range 56-63 minutes).
                  DME This is find If you Only Stay At WDW Not Resort hopping.

Or going outside WDW anothere park or Space center.

Fast way is a Car.
                  AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                  Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                  Older photo
                  New Photo

Member of
                  MiceChat WDW Trip
                  Next trip
                  2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Last time we flew in, our flight landed @11:15. We took the magical Express, and had done the advance check in... we got to MK at about 2 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brittney View Post
                      If you have the extra money for a limo, it is so much fun and you will get to your resort much quicker. I think it took us about 35 minutes. The kids just loved the ride...it was their first time in a limousine. The driver met us right at the baggage claim and he took care of it all. He dropped us off right in front of the resort check-in and there were people right there to check your luggage in and they took care of it from there to make sure it arrived in your room. When we go back, we will definitely get a limo again. It makes the experience even more magical.
                      Now THAT is a magical express! Congrats on beating Disney at their own game!

bespinally, it's going to take at least 90mins to get from MCO to your Resort. Then, you're going to have to check in and acquire your tickets, which will take another 30mins at least. After that, you're going to need to catch a bus from your Resort to the Magic Kingdom, and waiting plus moving could take another hour. You might be lucky to get into MK before closing.

I personally would not have that travel day included in the amount of days I had theme park admission.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

^ What a surprise...

Take note that the times above are the maximums if you're plan is to go from MCO to Port Orleans to the MK. People are going to tell you all their horror stories of how long it took them, but just know that is not how it goes for everyone. Sure it's possible that it may take 90 mins to go from MCO to Port Orleans, but I have personally made that trip in much less time.

I always schedule park time on travel days and have never run into any problems, and have always had plenty of time in the parks.

(It has also never taken me an hour to get from Port Orleans to the MK, again I'm sure it's possible, but I've stayed there and made that trip and it never took that long.)
                        Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Keep in mind that it is Spring Break for many schools that week. I would expect it to take 3 hours from landing until you are able to get into the park.
                          -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                            ^ What a surprise...

Take note that the times above are the maximums if you're plan is to go from MCO to Port Orleans to the MK. People are going to tell you all their horror stories of how long it took them, but just know that is not how it goes for everyone. Sure it's possible that it may take 90 mins to go from MCO to Port Orleans, but I have personally made that trip in much less time.
                            Oh, sorry for painting a realistic picture of what's in store for the OP rather than a picture that would've stemmed from an overly optomistic viewpoint & likely fortunate circumstances that allowed you to make the trip in much less time. Not everyone is as fortunate. No one should "plan" to get lucky with the WDW buses or anything else. It's not a wise way to plan.

Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

We stayed at All Star Music and once we were on the road, it took roughly 30-40 minutes to get to the resort. We were the second stop, too.

Comment

Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                                Oh, sorry for painting a realistic picture of what's in store for the OP rather than a picture that would've stemmed from an overly optomistic viewpoint & likely fortunate circumstances that allowed you to make the trip in much less time. Not everyone is as fortunate. No one should "plan" to get lucky with the WDW buses or anything else. It's not a wise way to plan.

Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
                                Do you honestly think it is going to take an hour an a half to get from MCO to WDW at 7pm at night with little to no traffic? I am with you on the hope for the best, plan for the worst, but I don't think the OP needs to expect the worst either.

Comment

I gave a time range from 2 hours to 3.5 hours. One person confirmed he spent nearly 3 hours to get there. I think my timeline is reasonable for planning for the worst. If you can get there in 1 to 2 hours, consider yourself fortunate.

Comment

^ You also don't have a full grasp on the Magical Express concept. DME is meant to cut down on those times. You don't have to worry about luggage or any of that. You literally walk off the plane then down two flights of stairs and line up for a bus.

Comment

Can you get magical express and still rent a car and drive there? I'd like to use Magical Express just for the sure fact of not having to wait for my luggage and having it delivered to my room.

Is it then possible to not check in at the hotel first, but just drive your rent a car to DHS or Epcot,
                                      and expect your luggage to be there in your room when you get back from DHS or Epcot at 11:00 or 12:00 at night?
                                      Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                                        ^ You also don't have a full grasp on the Magical Express concept. DME is meant to cut down on those times. You don't have to worry about luggage or any of that. You literally walk off the plane then down two flights of stairs and line up for a bus.
                                        Yeah, when it works.

Comment

Working...
                                        X