Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Do You Like The Pixie Hollow Fairies That Have Just Moved To EPCOT?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Do You Like The Pixie Hollow Fairies That Have Just Moved To EPCOT?

I think the entire notion of a Fairy Hollow fairy meet and greet at EPCOT is completely rediculous. I don't mind Mickey and friends, or a few other walk around characters here and there. But cheesy cheese whiz, are they trying to turn EPCOT into freakin' Fantasyland?

This brings to mind the question, "What would you like to do with them?" I know what I would do. A poll will soon be up.
    Send the fairies back to Fantasyland where they belong.
    27.59%
    Make them ride Mission: Space Non-Stop Until They Begged For Mercy
    13.79%
    Have them wash dishes at the Coral Reef Restaurant
    3.45%
    Hire a photographer to photograph their photographer's camera being smashed by an unidentified hero.
    3.45%
    Make the fairies each eat three bowls of navy beens each day.
    3.45%
    Throw them into the aquarium and see if they can fly out.
    6.90%
    Have them mud wrestle each other.
    13.79%
    Let them stay. Are you Tinker-phobic?! A little pixie dust never hurt anyone.
    20.69%
    Please don't be mean to the faries. I want to ask one out.
    3.45%
    I'd like to sing disney songs with them - and play Disney Trivia and musical chairs
    3.45%
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Do You Like The Pixie Hollow Fairies That Have Just Moved To EPCOT?

Where exactly in the parks do the Fairies have their Meet N Greet?

I don't think it's really a bother that much if they have their M&G in the garden area. Just as long as they keep away from the World Showcase.

Comment

I hate when they bring in any characters to begin with. The Seas With Nemo & Friends? The new reworking of the Mexico ride? They may be fun, but a huge violation of the tone of the park.

Don't get me wrong I love the characters in the Magic Kingdom, I just also love the fact that Epcot was to have the same amount of fun but with a different experience and vibe. Making the park an extension of MK is an issue I've had with WDW for a long time.

Comment

I don't know what the Seas was like before Nemo, so I can't complain about that. I do like the reworking of the Mexico ride to fit with the three Caballeros. But what I DON'T like is Fairies inside Epcot. I can't think of a single place that would be a good location for them inside that park. Met Snow White in Germany? fine. Meet Beauty and the Beast in France? Ok. Find Pinocchio in Italy? Great! But where would you put fairies in a park that is themed to the future and different countries of the world? The ONLY place I can think of is the Land. And it doesn't even fit that well, even there.

Bottom Line Disney: Move the Fairies back to Fantasyland. Either that, or build Beastly Kingdom inside Animal Kingdom and move the fairies there.

Comment

The fairies are usually in the Magic Kingdom but they only go to Epcot during the flower/garden festival. They have a specific meet and greet area that is a flower garden towards the front, so they're not a park of the world showcase or really any part of Epcot. I don't think they'll stay there throughout the year because once the festival is over, they lose what little connection they have with Epcot. They used to be in Toontown area and once that closed they really didn't have anywhere else to put them. I like the fairies in the garden area while the festival is going on, but once the festival is over I think they should go back to Fantasyland.

Comment

Originally posted by harpist1991 View Post
            The fairies are usually in the Magic Kingdom but they only go to Epcot during the flower/garden festival. They have a specific meet and greet area that is a flower garden towards the front, so they're not a park of the world showcase or really any part of Epcot. I don't think they'll stay there throughout the year because once the festival is over, they lose what little connection they have with Epcot. They used to be in Toontown area and once that closed they really didn't have anywhere else to put them. I like the fairies in the garden area while the festival is going on, but once the festival is over I think they should go back to Fantasyland.
            Where would they go in Fantasyland? They obviously wont be moved into the expansion and the princess meet and greet area is only for princesses. I think the cheapest way out for the fairies is for Disney to just put them in the Honey I shrunk the kids playground. It makes the most sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch626626 View Post
              I think the cheapest way out for the fairies is for Disney to just put them in the Honey I shrunk the kids playground. It makes the most sense.
              The Studios "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" is an excellent suggestion. The fairies probably like bugs a lot, and this would be a great place for each of them to add to their collections.
              Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-21-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Where would they go in Fantasyland?
                Fantasyland has a perfect place to put them - I'm talkin' It's A Small World. The fairies could just wing it in their new role as boat loaders and ride operaters. Since they are in excellent physical condition, they could also motivate overweight riders to lose some weight by recommending healthier diets and exercise regimins.
                Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-22-2011, 05:50 PM.

Comment

I think the cheapest way out for the fairies is for Disney to just put them in the Honey I shrunk the kids playground. It makes the most sense.
                  I never thought of that. I really hated that place, even as a child, so having the fairies hanging out in there wouldn't be too bad. And I don't know where they'd go in Fantasyland. I just figured since that's where they've always been and they've got the interior "Pixie Hollow" decorations they'd find an empty building somewhere to put them. I think the festival runs through May so Disney has some time to find a new place for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                    The Studios "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" is an excellent suggestion. The fairies probably like bugs a lot, and this would be a great place for each of them to add to their collections.
                    Meh to that idea. Perhaps they should've just gone ahead with building Pixie Hollow in that northern part of the former Toontown area like it was originally planned. The Circusland in MK doesn't need to be that massive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                      Meh to that idea. Perhaps they should've just gone ahead with building Pixie Hollow in that northern part of the former Toontown area like it was originally planned. The Circusland in MK doesn't need to be that massive anyway.
                      What's so "Meh" about it? That area of the park is rotting away. Nobody goes over there anymore. Everyone goes to ride Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Rock'n'Roller Coaster Midway mania. If anyone sees shows its either the Indiana Jones stunt show, or the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast show. And Fantasmic. They need to do SOMETHING to that area. The closest people get to that playground is to see the Muppets show. If they were to remodel that area just a bit and add the Fairies there, it would draw in the little girls who want to see the fairies. And that forces parents to come along for the ride and dish out cash for tickets, food and merchandise. I don't see any negatives here.

What would you do with area? Copy the Bugs land from California adventure and put it here?

Comment

That area is really cool to just walk around in since it's all set up like a movie set, but honestly there are no attractions there. They need to put something in over there, even if it is just characters.

Comment

What's so "Meh" about it? That area of the park is rotting away. Nobody goes over there anymore. Everyone goes to ride Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Rock'n'Roller Coaster Midway mania. If anyone sees shows its either the Indiana Jones stunt show, or the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast show. And Fantasmic. They need to do SOMETHING to that area. The closest people get to that playground is to see the Muppets show. If they were to remodel that area just a bit and add the Fairies there, it would draw in the little girls who want to see the fairies. And that forces parents to come along for the ride and dish out cash for tickets, food and merchandise. I don't see any negatives here.

What would you do with area? Copy the Bugs land from California adventure and put it here?
                          I agree with that. I only said "Meh" because having a Fairy Meet n Greet in Streets of America is just too unusual and off-theme. What Streets of America REALLY needs right now is an actual ride (aside from the Tram which barely constitutes as a ride anymore). Besides, they already do enough several meet and greets in that area already.

In fact, I'm actually surprised that TSMM was not built over in that area because the ride's theme would've probably fit better in Streets of America instead of being boxed in a studio building with Pixar slapped on the side.

Comment

So they change remove the playground from that land and create a totally unique land specifically for Fairies.

I don't know. I'm just putting out ideas. I really don't know what they should do with them.

Comment

I chose Fantasyland. But if moving them to the studios was one of the options I would've chose that.

Comment

So they change remove the playground from that land and create a totally unique land specifically for Fairies.

I don't know. I'm just putting out ideas. I really don't know what they should do with them.
                                This idea of yours is so simple that it's brilliant, Stitch. A new movie-based Pixie Hollow could be built in place of Honey, I Shrunkl The Kids Interest In Disney Hollywood Studios. Pixie Hollow would freshen things up considerably. I'm beginning again to get excited about the possibility of sitting in Tinkerbell's lap and flirting with her during a pic/autograph session.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
                                  I chose Fantasyland. But if moving them to the studios was one of the options I would've chose that.
                                  I wish that I would have had the good sense to suggest the studios as a legitimate option for the fairies. But, "Oh No!!!!!" Yours truely instead went on a crazed tyrade creating options that demonstrated how disgusted I am with fairies fluttering about in the world of cutting edge science and technology - EPCOT.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post

I second this idea. Re-theme the Honey I shrunk the kids play ground. Good suggestion Stitch.

Comment

Plus, it wouldn't be that hard to imagine you've "shrunk" to their height since everything is blown up anyways. You'd pretty much just have to get rid of the giant bugs and put in bigger versions of pencils and stuff. Excellent idea!

Comment

I don't like it and don't think it thematically fits anywhere in the park. However if it has to be shoehorned in, it fits best in the UK pavilion. The gardens there are a decent enough setting and Peter Pan was written and set in England. It is about the best you can hope for.
                                        It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X