Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

Am I the only one that doesn't like Finding Nemo: The Musical?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I the only one that doesn't like Finding Nemo: The Musical?

You are definitely not alone!

I was a HUGE fan of Tarzan Rocks, so when they ended that show, my expectations were high for it's replacement.

Instead, I was very disappointed and just plain bored...even more so since I loved Finding Nemo the movie.

I wish they'd just bring back Tarzan Rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Terese View Post
      You are definitely not alone!

I was a HUGE fan of Tarzan Rocks, so when they ended that show, my expectations were high for it's replacement.

Instead, I was very disappointed and just plain bored...even more so since I loved Finding Nemo the movie.

Tarzan Rocks > Finding Nemo the Musical
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Ditto!

Comment

I really enjoy Finding Nemo the Musical. As someone heavily involved in theatre, I know how much skill it must take the actors to fly around on wires, sing, and maneuver puppets. I have no problem with the whole actor and puppet formula, The Lion King on Broadway does the same thing, and it's a creative solution. I especially appreciate the technical aspects of the show. The songs are cheesy, but they're passable.

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
          Il faut payer de sa vie.

Comment

As much as I love puppets and the overall Nemo story, I really enjoyed the Tarzan Rocks! show. I have to give them credit for creating a strong opening Cast and utilizing the same individual who worked on Avenue Q for Nemo. However, 45 minutes (air-conditioning or not) is a LONG time for young kids to watch any show. (Can you say Ellen's Energy Adventure?) I just sit patiently and wait for the turtles and hope Dory isn't overly annoying.
            Author of MiceChat Column:

View all Mice Munchies.

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
              Really? Where? There's only one post by Stitch626626 in this thread, and he said nothing about 2007.

Not that it really matters or anything . . .
              He said that the songs "probably suck", which is like complaining about a restuarant you've never been to because the food "will probably be overcooked". Rather pointless, really.

I liked the show, although the only song that was memorable for me was the "In the Big Blue World" finale, which I loved.

I didn't have a problem with the live-action performers visibly operating puppets.

Overall, it wasn't as great as say, a Broadway show, but it was more than adequate for a theme park offering. Certainly a step-up from the Lion King show in the same park.
              My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

ORDDU: Yes, let them bring back Tarzan Rocks!!! My favorite man in loin cloth was MUCH more interesting and entertaining than a fish! (Also, Phil Collins wrote much better music for Tarzan than did the clowns who wrote these embarrassing tunes for Nemo.)

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                  Personally speaking, I know a few people in the show. I enjoy it, but it isn't my favorite show on property.

If I were to rank the WDW shows, it would be as follows.

1. Festival of the Lion King
                  2. Beauty and the Best Live on Stage
                  3. Finding Nemo the Musical
                  4. Lights Action Motors
                  5. Voyage of the Little Mermaid
                  Lights, Motors, Action ranks number 4? - below Nemo? I don't fully understand that but to each their own.
                  As to the original question of this post - I wasn't overjoyed with it either. I'd heard great things about it - I thought some of the visual aspects of it were good - but overall....I fell asleep. However, given what I try to cram into a week at the World, that's not entirely surprising that I would nod off in a dark room.

Comment

@Celticdar - as cheesey as LMA is, I love explosions, and the rumbling in the seats gets me going.
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I personally have never seen it. Or Tarzan Rocks, while it was there. We never spent more than half a day at the Animal Kingdom so we didn't spend much time watching shows.

Comment

I don't miss Taran Rocks (it wasn't that impressive to me).
                        Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
                        May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
                        May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
                        May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
                        Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
                        Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
                        May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                          @Celticdar - as cheesey as LMA is, I love explosions, and the rumbling in the seats gets me going.
                          LOL!!! Well there's something you don't read everyday! Somehow I don't think my nieces and nephews like it for the same reason - I think they just like to see them drive really fast and blow s#*t up - that and Herbie the Love Bug.

Comment

I give Disney a LOT of credit for utilizing composer/lyricist Robert Lopez. He co-wrote the off-color, raunchy "Sesame Street" spoof & Tony Award winning, "Avenue Q", which after a very lengthy Broadway run has transferred to off Broadway.

It's nice to see Disney utilizing current Broadway talent.

Comment

I thought it was great! For a theme park show, it's defiantly on a higher scale. I love the "Go With the Flow" part.
                              "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

I saw it for the first time in 2009 and liked it, then saw it again last month. The entertainment value felt much diminished since the first time, so it's going to have little repeatability to me. Whereas, FoLK I could watch every day and never become bored, so I think that says a lot about the difference between the two shows.
                                Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Working...
                                X