Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

This Summer You can use a Fastpass to Meet Mickey on Main Street!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News This Summer You can use a Fastpass to Meet Mickey on Main Street!

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Magic Kingdom officials have a hunch a really "hot ticket" in their realm this summer is going to be something other than a ride, a snack or a show. Rather, it's a first-ever opportunity to nail down a time to meet with Mickey Mouse.

When meet-and-greets with Mickey move into a permanent new location in Town Square later this spring, Magic Kingdom guests will be able to obtain a Disney's FASTPASS ticket specifying a one-hour window when they can return to see the popular character for hugs, photos and autographs -- without waiting in the standby queue. It will mark the first time the complimentary, computerized service has been available for a character meet-and-greet at any Disney Park.

Since spending time with Disney characters is at the top of the "must-do list" of many guests, the FASTPASS ticket will allow them to experience their Mickey Mouse meet-and-greets more conveniently. As a result, guests will be able to devote more time enjoying other Magic Kingdom experiences with family and friends.

The new meet-and-greet location, Town Square Theater, will be located inside the current Exposition Hall area just inside the park entrance. Imagineers already are working to completely transform the space for the new experience. "This isn't just remodeling Expo Hall; it is completely re-imagining this entire venue as a beautiful Victorian-era theater and the new home for Mickey Mouse," Jon Georges, WDI Director, Senior Show Producer, said.

"Mickey and Main Street, U.S.A. are great examples of pure Americana that complement each other very well," Concept Designer Jason Grandt said. "We drew a lot of inspiration from classic Mickey animated shorts such as The Nifty Nineties and Mickey's Grand Opera. Many of the scenes in these shorts look like they take place right on Main Street."

Guests arrive at a building befitting Mickey Mouse's stardom -- with a grand-Victorian-theater elevation, including a marquee that glistens with gold-leaf trim and sparkles with lights. Inside, there's a mosaic floor, lush curtains with gold rope tie-backs and polished-brass chandeliers. Imagineers are creating new elements and surprises for Magic Kingdom guests, including an interactive queue -- with an extra touch of Disney magic -- and highly themed retail shops.

The queue takes guests "backstage," where Mickey is waiting to greet them in a rehearsal-room environment amid posters, steamer trunks and stage props.

In addition, during the New Fantasyland construction, royalty will be visiting as the Disney Princesses will be in Town Square Theater to meet and greet their loyal subjects.

Currently, guests can visit with Mickey Mouse in Tomorrowland, in a location to the right of Space Mountain. Meet-and-greet experiences with the Disney Princesses are currently at Adventureland Verandah.
    I am sorry WDW fans but I have to laugh at this one....whats next fast passes on food? Balloons? T-shirts???

Lets...hope not
    Happy Halloween!!!

Re: This Summer You can use a Fastpass to Meet Mickey on Main Street!

I am actually ok with this if you have ever stood in line at a meet and greet location a fast pass would be welcomed! I am still of the mind set I would just rather the characters be out and about but if they are doing it meet and greet style I think a fast pass is a great idea!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Good lord...
      DisneyTwins
      Since May 2003

Comment

It's the wave of the future. FastPass on a low capacity attraction doesn't end well. This we know.

However, Disney's interactive queue solution at Soarin', Space Mountain, and Pooh have all been met with very positive reviews. This will only encourage Disney to build FastPass/Interactive Stand-by attraction queues whereever they possibly can. This is where the future is going, and NextGen is only going to send this trend into light-speed. Once all the FP's have been acquired remotely via online/smart phone reservations, you'll get the interactive queue Disney has provided for you, and you'll like it.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

O_O What tha....

Do people really need a fastpass to meet a character? This is ridiculous.

Comment

Didn't Staggs say himself that in the future you could get a fastpass for a character or even a ride before you leave home? --_--

Comment

Interactive queues are all dandy until the line starts moving. Everyone is too busy playing games and your stuck there for even longer.
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

There are already fastpasses on food at WDW, they just don't refer to reservations for meals as fastpasses, but the concept is the same. Heck, they're more of a requirement for dining than they are for attractions.

As far as a fastpass to meet Mickey? Why not? It's just another attraction. Think of Mickey's House in Toontown. You wait in a line, then you have your character experience. No different than waiting in a line, then going on a ride.
                My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

"This Summer You can use a Fastpass to Meet Mickey on Main Street!"
                  Or, you can go to Epcot, wait in one line for about fifteen minutes, and see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto!

Seriously, enough with the Fastpasses. It's getting annoying

Comment

This isn't a horrible idea for the families that HAVE to meet Mickey at MK while they are there (have been with these people in the past). This won't really change anything and should make guests happier in the long run.
                    I have worked:
                    T-Land Attractions - Speedway, Space Mountain, Training Facilitator May 08- April 09
                    Fantasyland Attractions - Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White's Scary Adventures April 09- May09
                    Icon Attractions (studios) - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Fantasmic May10- Aug10

Have lived in Chatham and Patterson.

Comment

i feel theres a good news bad news situation here:

good news, i love the concept for exposition hall. if you want that disney experience and you have time on your hands theres an interactive que, you were gonna wait all that time at toon town fair anyways might as well have a good time. for the familys on a mission theres a fastpass line, run in smile and bolt to your next attraction without waisting a precious second.

bad news, i HATE the concept of getting fast passes at home. i dont know about you guys but i dont want to plan every second of my vacation 6 months before it happens, and i thought that restaurant bookings 100+ days in advance was ridiculous! this process will simply slow everything down for the 90% of people who wont plan things and make things that much harder for people who just wana go with the flow.

Comment

so there are 2 different mickeys?
                        a standby mickey and a fp mickey? if they just had one then this wont make sense

Comment

Working...
                        X