Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

    I don't know if I should put this on here. I feel it is important to discuss, since it goes hand in hand with a lot of discussions, but it is so sad and dark, I hate to share it.

    Disney worker arrest: Disney worker accused of at Caribbean Beach Resort - OrlandoSentinel.com

    If ou want to read the story you can read it.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

  • #2
    Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

    Something seems a bit fishy with the whole thing.

    1. If someone offered me a cheap room, I would not go out of my way to say that I would not perform sexual favors for this deal.
    2. He tried to pull her pants down and the next day she let him take her to epcot?

    IDK, not saying that it isn't terrible and all, just...fishy.
    I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

    Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

    You know best :-)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

      sort've surprised it wasn't another CM getting arrested for child porn.

      it sounds like the sheriffs had enough evidence to do something about it.. Just a very weird account of the scenario though. He wouldn't leave and she finally fell asleep, then woke up when she felt him trying to take off her pants and stopped him, told him to leave again, and then feels him sexually assaulting her suggesting she'd gone back to sleep again with him there anyways.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

        After seeing the responses on the Nacho Cheese Lawsuit thread, I have a $5 bet with my wife that by the end of five days, at least 75% of the posts in this thread will be those that automatically assume the accusation is suspicious, if not outright bogus.
        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

        - Walt Disney

        "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

          Originally posted by Meville View Post
          Something seems a bit fishy with the whole thing.

          1. If someone offered me a cheap room, I would not go out of my way to say that I would not perform sexual favors for this deal.
          2. He tried to pull her pants down and the next day she let him take her to epcot?

          IDK, not saying that it isn't terrible and all, just...fishy.
          I wouldn't jump to conclusions over this just yet. The man did steal her debit card and room key placing the victim in an overnight predicament. That mixed with the trauma of sexual assault, I could see why she did not report to police right away. Plus she had her two kids to think about who were probably oblivious to what was going on in the room or were asleep when the incident happened. She probably did not want to ruin the vacation so soon for her children either until she was ready to report to the police.

          A smart move by the police to check for any possible other victims involve since only a small amount of them would actually ever report their cases of assault.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

            Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
            After seeing the responses on the Nacho Cheese Lawsuit thread, I have a $5 bet with my wife that by the end of five days, at least 75% of the posts in this thread will be those that automatically assume the accusation is suspicious, if not outright bogus.
            Isn't that the short definition of our legal system - innocent until proven guilty?

            "Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

              I'm not sure how appropriate this is to be posted and discussed here. Not because of the subject matter, but because of the fact that it's a Disney employee specifically mentioned by name. I know these forums are meant to discuss Disney-related items, but it seems weird to me that we'd be discussing a crime simply because it involved a Disney employee. If it didn't involve one, no one on here would've known, and the fact that this man is/was a Disney employee has no real bearing on the discussion of the crime itself.

              Maybe it's just me, but I feel like this is an inappropriate way to use MiceChat's bandwidth... :unsure:
              *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
              *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
              *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

                Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                Isn't that the short definition of our legal system - innocent until proven guilty?
                Absolutely.

                In Disney fan forum discussions of new lawsuits, accidents, safety code violations and other major allegations against Disney, however, the most common assumption is that Disney is by definition innocent no matter the circumstance. As is demonstrated by the history of such threads, the most common fan opinion is that such allegations must be invalid, because they are by definition opportunistic cash grabs and the like. The most common attitude is one that mocks and casts aspersions on the accuser, no matter the available evidence -- or lack of.

                Rational statements like toonaspie's "I wouldn't jump to conclusions over this," and steamboatpete's rational post in the Nacho Cheese Lawsuit thread, are the welcome and rare exception.
                Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 02-24-2011, 10:56 PM.
                "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

                - Walt Disney

                "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

                  Well we are not mentioning the name here in this forum. But I think it is important to talk about safety, and the quality of workers working at a vacation destination.
                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

                    The alleged event took place on WDW property, no?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

                      Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                      The alleged event took place on WDW property, no?
                      yes at the Caribbean Beach Resort.
                      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

                        Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                        I wouldn't jump to conclusions over this just yet. The man did steal her debit card and room key placing the victim in an overnight predicament. That mixed with the trauma of sexual assault, I could see why she did not report to police right away. Plus she had her two kids to think about who were probably oblivious to what was going on in the room or were asleep when the incident happened. She probably did not want to ruin the vacation so soon for her children either until she was ready to report to the police.

                        A smart move by the police to check for any possible other victims involve since only a small amount of them would actually ever report their cases of assault.
                        Absolutely! And by saying that the whole thing is fishy is not trying to deflect or stick up for the company, it is just that either the article is really poorly written, or the facts aren't really crystal clear as to what happened.

                        After seeing the responses on the Nacho Cheese Lawsuit thread, I have a $5 bet with my wife that by the end of five days, at least 75% of the posts in this thread will be those that automatically assume the accusation is suspicious, if not outright bogus.



                        What is wrong with questioning the accusations of an individual?
                        I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

                        Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

                        You know best :-)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

                          Originally posted by oo_nrb View Post
                          It seems weird to me that we'd be discussing a crime simply because it involved a Disney employee. If it didn't involve one, no one on here would've known, and the fact that this man is/was a Disney employee has no real bearing on the discussion of the crime itself.

                          Maybe it's just me, but I feel like this is an inappropriate way to use MiceChat's bandwidth... :unsure:
                          Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                          The alleged event took place on WDW property, no?
                          Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                          yes at the Caribbean Beach Resort.
                          So we're discussing it because a Disney employee is accused of a guest in a Disney owned and operated hotel. Not good PR for a family vacation destination.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: CM accused of committing a horrific crime.

                            This whole situation smells - from both sides. Maybe I'm more cynical that most (actually, there's no "maybe" about it really) but I would not trust a reservations agent who handles the reservation that way. That would send up flares for me - and if she wasn't convinced over the phone, I can't imagine something didn't seem fishy when he told her to check in with his name. I don't think you do that at a Disney resort anyway - most hotels require that you present a photo ID. She must have sensed something was wrong - I've made many reservations with Disney and never felt compelled to announce "there will be no sexual favors for this" - but she accepted his discounts anyway.

                            If he did this, he was clearly taking advantage of the woman's hard-luck situation to get something he wanted - which is scummy - but most adults have figured out that you don't get something for nothing in this world. You could go down that story line by line and list the mistakes she made with regards to what she accepted and how much access she allowed him to have to her and her children. Sometimes, being desparate makes people take chances they might not otherwise take.

                            Sounds like Disney needs to investigate their people a little better prior to hiring them. This type of behavior doesn't just manifest itself overnight- it sounds like he handled this with a great deal of ease - I'm betting this isn't the first time he's tried something like this. In this job climate, I would think that many qualified people with character are out there in need of jobs.

                            I smell a mother of a lawsuit coming.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: another joke claim!

                              The Police report has been released and now it seems the day after the *alleged* she went to Epcot with this guy.........sorry this is a joke......another person looking for the deep pockets of disney to retire on......

                              This CM will be fired and likely face harges of using his job to get layed,....but with the 30,000+/- CM's in WDW, you are going to find a few bad apples, but it is certianty not representative of the great majority of CM's.

                              Everytime there is one of these stories, someone is always trying to cast a shadow over all the CM's. I think disney may have to buy insurance for their CM's to protect them from the crooks looking to file false charges againist them just becuse they think they can get money form Disney!

                              This is not worthy discussion here

                              AKK

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: another joke claim!

                                Originally posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
                                The Police report has been released and now it seems the day after the *alleged* she went to Epcot with this guy.........sorry this is a joke......another person looking for the deep pockets of disney to retire on......

                                This CM will be fired and likely face harges of using his job to get layed,....but with the 30,000+/- CM's in WDW, you are going to find a few bad apples, but it is certianty not representative of the great majority of CM's.

                                Everytime there is one of these stories, someone is always trying to cast a shadow over all the CM's. I think disney may have to buy insurance for their CM's to protect them from the crooks looking to file false charges againist them just becuse they think they can get money form Disney!

                                This is not worthy discussion here

                                AKK
                                Actually I think it is worthy discussion. Because at DRC where was the QC, where was the call monitoring. It seems like he spoke to this woman a lot.
                                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: another joke claim!

                                  Originally posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
                                  The Police report has been released and now it seems the day after the *alleged* she went to Epcot with this guy.....sorry this is a joke......another person looking for the deep pockets of disney to retire on..........
                                  It's an unfortunate fact that a common first reaction (especially from men) to reports of is that the post- behavior of the alleged victim proves she is lying.

                                  Readers who agree with Tonka's Skipper should research how the trauma of can affect the behavior of its victims: delays in reporting the and forms of "Stockholm syndrome"-like behavior (such as noted in the police report) are not uncommon.

                                  Disclaimer: I am not siding with the alleged victim or with Disney. I am protesting the classic, often sexist, "blame the woman" assumptions typified by the post above, and the overwhelming tendency for Disney fans to knee-jerk defend Disney against any allegation of wrongdoing.
                                  Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 02-25-2011, 01:38 PM.
                                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                  designed to appeal to everyone."

                                  - Walt Disney

                                  "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                  - Michael Eisner

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: another joke claim!

                                    Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                                    Actually I think it is worthy discussion. Because at DRC where was the QC, where was the call monitoring. It seems like he spoke to this woman a lot.
                                    You make a good point - but I'd be willing to bet that after the initial call, the communication changed to cell phones. He'd have to be an idiot to have these conversations (if he, in fact, had these conversations) knowing that there was a possibility that someone was listening. Hopefully, there is a record of these calls but I doubt it. This whole situation is truly bizarre. I'm sure there are a lot of missing pieces that we don't have at this point.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: another joke claim!

                                      Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                                      Well we are not mentioning the name here in this forum. But I think it is important to talk about safety, and the quality of workers working at a vacation destination.
                                      Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                                      Actually I think it is worthy discussion. Because at DRC where was the QC, where was the call monitoring. It seems like he spoke to this woman a lot.
                                      There really is not much that any company can do. There is no real means of identifying a potential rapist and with a company so large, bad eggs are bound to be hired before they start to smell. Disney employees make for a nice headline because of the image the Company wishes to present.

                                      What makes this interesting is it seems that he took advantage of what many would consider a "Disney difference," that being Cast Members who are friendly and engaging with people on a more person level. The call handlers ask questions like why you are visiting. The article states that during her initial call to make a reservation he sent her a text message where he began the inappropriate offers, but until that point he probably would have been considered as having done his job well by offering up some of that "Disney difference".

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: another joke claim!

                                        Mr Wiggins, Stockholm syndrome is based on a extended period of time with there attacker, and when they can't get away, not one night.

                                        No I stand by the police report and the fact that she let him stay with her, and went to ecpot the next day and over all very poor judgement......Not to mention all we have here is ones word againist the other at this point. This is not sexist , its looking at the facts presented so far. I object to the classic PC syndrome, that the guy is always wrong, just becuase the gal said she was .

                                        Of course the facts will come out later and we all will see!

                                        I do object to eric saying *quality of workers at a vacation destination*, which to me says he casting ashadow over CM's in general.

                                        As Disney rules and regs in no way lead to this *alleged *, If its true, it's one employee misusing the system..Does that make him wrong?, of course it doee, but it's not Disney fault.

                                        Mr Wiggins I think the knee jerk your talking about goes a lot farther then Disney, Many people in this country are tired and feed up with the legal nightmare the atty's and courts have permitted to develop. We have to somehow limit the outragous law suits that come out of everyday events.........Like the famous Mac and coffee......if your silly enough to put hot, not matter if its hotter then normal coffee between your legs, you can expect to be burned....(and don't tell me that is a good case becuase it wasn't)

                                        I propose the British system where if you sue and lose you pay all the legal bills for both sides... That would reduse the amublance chasing and sift out the nonsense suits and leave only the suits that have merit!



                                        Well just my opinion......flame away....

                                        AKK

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X